Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

Again....it's Tucker Carlson

There's a reason Putin chose Carlson to interview him, because Tucker is a complete tool. You think he would let an even remotely competent journalist to interview him and not throw them in jail?

How many "competent journalists" do we actually have anymore? I can count maybe a handful and few if any of them are in the good graces of the establishment. Who would you have picked to do it?

17 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You laugh, but how many American media figures actually took the initiative to try to talk to Putin and get his take on why he's doing what he's doing rather than just going along with the "Lol Putler" narrative? I haven't watched the interview yet so maybe he lives up to the narrative but at least getting to hear it from the horse's mouth lets us know for sure, especially since it's probably going to cost us untold billions for the proxy wars we'll inevitably fight against him because the political class needs an enemy.

Putin insults Tucker to his face multiple times in this interview. It's pathetic, Tuckers pathetic, this isn't an interview it's a pre-planned proganda moment and Tuckers a useful tool to that end. 

I don't need an interview woth Putin to know what he's about, we have like 50 years of his behaivor on record, we know what he's about. 

This "interview" was a farce. 

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I think it's a show of good faith being willing to meet him on his home turf. It's why I supported the idea of Trump going to North Korea to try to have some talks with Kim Jong Un.

I don't have a problem with Trump meeting with Kim Jong Un. That's different. It's extremely unlikely that they'd pull something against the President. More importantly, their is potential reward from taking that risk. Two leaders of their nations can potentially talk and get something of significance done. It's what I liked about Tulsi Gabbard. She was willing to talk with people with an opposing view point. That's requirement, IMO, if you are going to be in government. Tucker's just a reporter/journalist. That's nothing he can't do in person that can't be done remotely. Their is no additional reward, only additional risk.

19 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

How many "competent journalists" do we actually have anymore? I can count maybe a handful and few if any of them are in the good graces of the establishment. Who would you have picked to do it?

The question you should be asking yourself isn't who would I pick but who would Putin pick? You think Putin allowed Tucker to interview him for his journalist acumen? LMAO

36 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Putin insults Tucker to his face multiple times in this interview. It's pathetic, Tuckers pathetic, this isn't an interview it's a pre-planned proganda moment and Tuckers a useful tool to that end. 

I don't need an interview woth Putin to know what he's about, we have like 50 years of his behaivor on record, we know what he's about. 

This "interview" was a farce. 

Did you watch the interview?

22 minutes ago, Lantis said:

The question you should be asking yourself isn't who would I pick but who would Putin pick? You think Putin allowed Tucker to interview him for his journalist acumen? LMAO

Avoid Saturday Night Live GIF by The Lonely Island

Seriously though, who do you think is a competent enough journalist to interview Putin? If you were in charge of setting it up, who would you pick for the job?

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I consider few journalists to on the good graces of the establishment to be a good thing. They aren't supposed to be their friends, they are supposed to investigate the establishment. Not be buddies with them. 

I think it's a good thing too, but too few of them are willing to push back against the powers that be in a meaningful way for fear of losing access. It went from being a calling that would hold powerful people's feet to the fire to being a way for upper middle class Ivy grads to suck up to powerful people.

43 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Avoid Saturday Night Live GIF by The Lonely Island

Seriously though, who do you think is a competent enough journalist to interview Putin? If you were in charge of setting it up, who would you pick for the job?

Are you being this oblivious on purpose?

I can pick the weather guy from the local channel 5 news in Peoria, IL, but that wouldn't matter if Putin doesn't give them the green light. Do you still think anybody can walk to the Kremlin doors and ask for a shoot interview with Vlad without risking being thrown into a Siberian prison for life?

32 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Are you being this oblivious on purpose?

I can pick the weather guy from the local channel 5 news in Peoria, IL, but that wouldn't matter if Putin doesn't give them the green light. Do you still think anybody can walk to the Kremlin doors and ask for a shoot interview with Vlad without risking being thrown into a Siberian prison for life?

All I asked was for you to qualify your complaint that Tucker was picked because he's incompetent by offering up the name of someone YOU think is a competent enough journalist for the interview and all I've gotten is a bunch of dodges and hand-wringing which tells me that you don't really think anyone is any better than Tucker. And if that's the case, then why does it matter who does the interview?

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Maybe I missed this but, there's a "black national anthem?" 🤔

Its not really the "Black National Anthem" but thats the nick name of "Lift Every Voice and Sing" and it just stuck.  I had to look up information on it when people started having discourse about it.  It was actually a hymn/spiritual that of course has its origins in talking about freedom.  If you read the lyrics its actually pretty uplifting.

Lift every voice and sing,
'Til earth and heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise
High as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us;
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
Let us march on 'til victory is won.

Stony the road we trod,
Bitter the chastening rod,
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
Yet with a steady beat,
Have not our weary feet
Come to the place For which our fathers died.
We have come, over a way that with tears has been watered,
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
Out from the gloomy past,
'Til now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.

God of our weary years,
God of our silent tears,
Thou who has brought us thus far on the way;
Thou who has by Thy might
Led us into the light,
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
Lest our feet, stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
Lest our hearts, drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;
Shadowed beneath Thy hand,
May we forever stand,
True to our God,
True to our native land.

6 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Transformers' Hip Hop Funnies

He could have been the white Soulja Boy, but he changed direction and 25 years later, directed the best live action Transformers movie.

Nowm I know how people felt when I told them that Max Kellerman was rapper. 😂

That Dante King dude is a walking red flag hotep.  Holy hell man.  Never heard of him and I'm not interested in hearing anything else from him.  Yeah racism is systemic but he's so far over the edge that he's fallen off.  He's essentially doing the whole generalization shit that black people don't want being done to them on a daily basis.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

How many "competent journalists" do we actually have anymore? I can count maybe a handful and few if any of them are in the good graces of the establishment.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Who would you have picked to do it?

WOOOO!!! WOOOOO!!! REGULAR SHOW's Muscle Man – Interviewed! | Regular show,  Cartoon styles, Cartoon

Any successful political analyst or journalist should have every politician hating them for asking questions politicians don’t like answering or don’t want to answer. 

You press them and keep pressing. Don’t let up. Politicians these days don’t care about policies or peoples anymore. Just their own political agenda and their own personal profits

Journalists should not be the friend of any political figure. Ever

Edited by iStu X

I didn't know there was this much going on in the franchise... so there's a box set for Puppet Master, and this guy did a review....I haven't watched all of this just yet though:

I only have clear memories of the first 3 films from way back... and part 2 was my favorite though the 2018 "The Littlest Reich" I mentioned recently takes the new top spot.

*edit--- today I went to one of the "real" Walmarts here... the tv/movie section is surprisingly still decent enough... so today's acquisition was the "Beavis & Butthead The Complete Collection".  

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

I didn't know there was this much going on in the franchise... so there's a box set for Puppet Master, and this guy did a review....I haven't watched all of this just yet though:

I only have clear memories of the first 3 films from way back... and part 2 was my favorite though the 2018 "The Littlest Reich" I mentioned recently takes the new top spot.

*edit--- today I went to one of the "real" Walmarts here... the tv/movie section is surprisingly still decent enough... so today's acquisition was the "Beavis & Butthead The Complete Collection".  

And the number one thing NOT to get @RSG3 for his birthday is......

whoah... this crazy bitch's name is "LUL".... "Top"?!?!  I'm sure no one else will notice that because the rest of the story involving her is so insane but damn... her name sounds like an internet meme.... (*also shows that men need to have some damn standards... amazing that some dude[s] actually knocked up a woman that looks like that...multiple times... but again I have to keep reminding myself that a lot of people just have extremely bad taste in various things so there's always that as an explanation there....)

As always, Anton is on point covering the increasingly fast decline in our society.

Edit---she tried putting her 3 year old in the oven at one point.  

Edited by MillionX

After filing my 1099s and W2s to the tax company, I wasn't surprised when they've  said I'll have to have a mandate federal id card for Louisiana residents, effective March 7, 2025.

Unfortunately, since everything about me, concerning my personal records will be open to not only them and employers, that's a grim outcome against me. Even I have zero convictions, but I was blacklisted over 5 times in multiple categories.

That's life, I guess. Bittersweet.

8 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

After filing my 1099s and W2s to the tax company, I wasn't surprised when they've  said I'll have to have a mandate federal id card for Louisiana residents, effective March 7, 2025.

Unfortunately, since everything about me, concerning my personal records will be open to not only them and employers, that's a grim outcome against me. Even I have zero convictions, but I was blacklisted over 5 times in multiple categories.

That's life, I guess. Bittersweet.

Every time I read one of your posts that says stuff like this I'm like

all that nicksplat GIF

42 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Anything in the air that you can't identify is a UFO. Once you identify it it's not longer a UFO. It's whatever you have identified it as, air plane, hot air balloon, whatever. 

Now Flying Saucers...

UFOs are not as scary as UGOs. Whereas UFOs are no longer UFOs once identified, ur mom remains an Unidentifiable Grounded Object because how can someone be dat fat???????

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I half expect you to be some kind of former government agent 😂

Wow. This reply earlier. It really gotten to me. I've worked in a government field almost 20 years ago. That was second blacklist at the time, but not necessarily banned from being there either. It's pretty complicated. XD

Edited by Emptyeyes_