Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

It's going to drop at 2am here. What kind of sketchy ass schedule is this? That's going to be 2pm there. 

I could stay awake a little longer for it, but if that shit is not a real trailer with gameplay and that good stuff, that's just stupid. Normally, I wouldn't be worried about that, but Capcom loves announcements for future announcements...

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People didn't want a game with a 16 character roster and no single player content. SFV sales didn't take off until Arcade Edition. Which is basically what the game should have been at launch.

Let's be real, 16 is NOT a bad starting roster size. We know they'll keep the roster growing with the shill passes. That is the ideal size for that.

The problem was a lot simpler. There was no content. The netcode was cursed, the cinematic story wasn't done yet, and neither were most of the single player modes.

Hell, you didn't even have a rematch button on P2's side.

Remember this?

I have not been paying attention to this count down shit mostly because I’m just not playing any fighting game shit. I thought the countdown was gonna be for some mobile crossover cuck garbage like AFK ArenaxChun Li. But now I’m seeing all this buzz on social media and people are saying insiders strongly believe it’s SF6. Looks like I’m getting the reveal at 8:00 pm. Thank god I’m a burger clap. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Setting aside the fact that their last fighting game tanked hard. SFV whiffed badly on it's initial sales targets. People didn't want a game with a 16 character roster and no single player content. SFV sales didn't take off until Arcade Edition. Which is basically what the game should have been at launch.

Still sold decently at launch. Sony rushed Capcom for the worse.

Even then they've constantly had the game on sale, stream numbers for SF5 are normally higher than most games before the release of Strive. Anything on the official CapcomFighters channel gets hella viewers. 

This game has lead them to do a lot of cross promotion etc. I think the game sucks but it has not been a failure at all. Hell SF5 streamers are the ones doing the best on youtube.

Game is a lot of stuff now but failure isn't one of then.

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

I'm 99% certain it's SFVI but I also think it'll only be some kind of teaser, like showing just a glimpse of gameplay and maybe Ryu's and Luke's new design followed by a "stay tuned" or something.

Well, if they go like they did with SFV , gameplay of two characters  may be very well what we get

I will be ok with it honestly, it will give a taste of art style, action flow and maybe even new mechanics wich would be already lot to speculate on lol 

Ironically some of the stuff Ryu got in SFV first vid did'nt even made it to the actual game lol

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Still sold decently at launch. Sony rushed Capcom for the worse.

Lol no.

The rushing was all capcom.

They released the game in that state because they wanted to start the new year of tournaments with SFV and leave SFIV behind.

Lets not try to rewrite history here.

And to be fair with Capcom, they let everyone know that the game will release incomplete for this reason, that the game was launching mostly for tournament play at the start of the year and that everything aimed to the non competitive side was releasing later.

Does justify it releasing the game as incomplete as it did?

I don't know, but it wasn't something that they kept shut about it, since it was announced that it will happen like a year ahead of release and it was something that was kept repeated in many press releases and events.

Perhaps the only real problem was that many of the places where it was announced were at majors with only like on the Tokyo Game Show and Brazil game event (dunno how is named) being some of the few non fg centric events where it was talked about.

Edited by Hecatom
2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You want parries back.

A good game is the last thing you're asking for.

Bro, parries can work on a good game, just look at Battle Fantasia.

Granted, i don't trust capcom into making a non stupid version of the mechanic 🤣

But at least we can rest assured that they will never do something as retarded as the parry system from Yatagarasu, where it was tied to a dedicated button, but had no recovery animation neither whiff animation.

That is the most idiotic implementation i have seen bar none.

Edited by Hecatom
17 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

But at least we can rest assured that they will never do something as retarded as the parry system from Yatagarasu, where it was tied to a dedicated button, but had no recovery animation neither whiff animation.

Yata didn't want to remove OS parries it just wanted them visible.  Yata's parry system is just 3s's but with a UI indicating when/if someone parried high/low.  I guess the thought was you could see what OSes your opponent was trying to use and adapt. 

Good idea in theory ig but the game never got enough play to see how that would play out. 

Pour one out for Yatagarasu and it's hype announcer.  Loved that game's sound design. 

2 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yata didn't want to remove OS parries it just wanted them visible.  Yata's parry system is just 3s's but with a UI indicating when/if someone parried high/low.  I guess the thought was you could see what OSes your opponent was trying to use and adapt. 

Good idea in theory ig but the game never got enough play to see how that would play out. 

Pour one out for Yatagarasu and it's hype announcer.  Loved that game's sound design. 

I am well aware of their intentions, doesn't make it less idiotic.

3s parry system has the risk of having to press forward to execute a parry attached to it, making it fair from a design pov.

With Yata (at least the versions i played, since i didn't play the last, release version), they didn't only remove the risk, but added other os that fucked with the game.

Loved the character design, but i felt that tin their pursue of making a 3s clone, they wasted the potential of the game.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Look, we're a few hours away from a new SF game being announced. Thst means we gotta get shit out of our system before the deluge of "SF5 was so good" comes knocking on the door.

We'll see some new mechanics, we'll hate, and the cycle will renew jtself.

I am only interested on a new SF if iterates from the good stuff from Alpha.

Like having multiple supers at once, multiple level supers, etc.

By now i am really tired of having my characters gimped in a false pretense of "depth" by giving me the illusion of choice.

5 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

there's some long-time poster on Eventhubs articles that uses the sword chick's pic as his avatar.   

It feels so bittersweet everytime I see it. 

I am usually reminded of the game because i follow the Hentai artist that made the chars for the game 🤣

I really wanted to love the game, but like SkullGirls, its gameplay was the only thing that actually pushed me away from that.

Edit

BTW, the Artist, Ban (Bansankan) also did the art and character designs for Chaos Code.

Man, that is a game that i love and mourn that we will never get the sequel 😭

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

So the fact that the countdown is supposed to be finished by now and nothing is revealed should be a confirm that whatever they’re revealing is fighting game related?

They're probably being more careful than releasing a character in the middle of a tournament.

The Kage incident  was a top tier silliness ina game marked by Capcom doing absolutely silly things in managing it.

😂

LMAO he woke up with Stand Fierce. Kawano living his best life.

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Setting aside the fact that their last fighting game tanked hard. SFV whiffed badly on it's initial sales targets. People didn't want a game with a 16 character roster and no single player content. SFV sales didn't take off until Arcade Edition. Which is basically what the game should have been at launch.

I didn't like that there was no SFIII or SFIV representatives in the initial roster. Ex-Capcom Matt Dahlgren said it was a bit of an oversight from them.