Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw this fight but I heard about it and immediately knew it was one of the worst miss matches of all-time. Post-war Naruto vs ANYONE not named Sasuke? That is a MAJOR L. But the look on Naruto's face when he was cooking Konohamaru? That is some villain ish. Those MFs in the Leaf Village are lucky Naruto was not looking for revenge after they treated him like garbage for years. Boy would have smoked the whole town like it was free eats. 

Edited by RegH81

My problem with Boruto is the same one I have with the Fairy Tail sequel series.

After ending on literally world ending plots and power ups, how the duck am I supposed to accept, oh there is this other place no one knew about with even more world ending bastards just waiting. And to add more to the issue Boruto plus some of his cast has to be powered up to meet these threats while the old cast gets nerfed or pushed to the side to let the new cast cook.

Demon Slayer continued to go hard in the animation and overall presentation... 

This is one show where I dislike the in-between moments even more though... I always want them to just get right to the fighting and action.  I never care about the miscellaneous stuff that is usually filled with the typical "goofy character moments/reactions" stuff often seen in popular anime shows....it's to the point where I'm tempted to just fast-forward this show whenever I see they're in the "comic relief" filler part of any given episode...I'm just here for the cool fight scenes.

...but man, they keep stepping it up with how insanely strong the high-ranking demons are.  I figured that one that was always whimpering and cowardly in a corner (the "Upper 4th", I think is the rank) would be revealed to be ridiculous and nearly unstoppable, and of course he was....with this arc we were treated to a battle with 2 high ranks so that was nice.  Upper 4th had the more interesting powers and concept, imo.  I'd definitely like to have those powers.  (also very tough to kill; genius the way he can simply make the cowardly/"fear" aspect of himself small and thus a more difficult target that can easily be hidden) This season also ended with some interesting background on the big boss himself, Lord Muzan.  

Edited by MillionX

I was booting up Netflix when I discovered that Pluto is on there. I'm two volumes away from finishing the series. I watched about half of the first episode (these suckers are LONG) and it has the manga art style down to a T. I'm gonna finish the manga before I resume the anime. Pluto getting a Netflix anime adaptation was a very pleasant.

On 10/31/2023 at 12:42 AM, RegH81 said:

I was booting up Netflix when I discovered that Pluto is on there. I'm two volumes away from finishing the series. I watched about half of the first episode (these suckers are LONG) and it has the manga art style down to a T. I'm gonna finish the manga before I resume the anime. Pluto getting a Netflix anime adaptation was a very pleasant.

I forget how dark or violent does Pluto get. I need to know if I watch it on the big screen with my nephew in the room will I have to have some sort of talk or not. He is mostly good with violence and swearing  but extreme gore or sexual stuff I have mostly kept him clear of and would like to continue that trend.

Over the past few years just before the closures and the C Virus my wife and I have been going through a ton of anime big and small. Starting from One Piece and it was show after show from there. I can't list off everything but yes we did hit Naruto in 2021 and got her into Bleach about 2 months ago and we're about to catch up to current in about 9 episodes. 

Two things I realize was 

1) the pacing aged poorly for Naruto/OP/Bleach (and others but I won't go through the list) but... 

2) being able to relive memorable moments in a variety of shows was nice to do with my wife which made some dragged out part of various series worth it again. 

It’s the 30th anniversary of the Magic Knight Rayearth debut in Nakayoshi, and a new Twitter account for the series appeared. According to its introduction tweet, it will focus on promoting the newest information about Rayearth.

Because of the 30th anniversary, it’s possible that we will start to see more projects and merchandise based on Magic Knight Rayearth soon. So far, the only posts from the account are the ones announcing it. It also retweeted a post from The Chara, which advertises its limited CLAMP shop. The shop will close on November 20, 2023. It features goods from multiple CLAMP works, including Rayearth, Card Captor Sakura, and Chobits.

Magic Knight Rayearth debuted in Nakayoshi in November 1993 and ran until February 1995. The plot follows three girls who are transported to the magical world of Cephiro. Their job is to rescue Princess Emeraude, after which they can return to modern-day (well, the 90s) Tokyo. A TV series based on it ran from October 1994 to November 1995, with a total of 49 episodes.

Anybody watches Jujutsu Kaisen? I'm waist deep in the Shibuya arc. This is probably one of the most intense arcs I've seen in Shonen. Shit deadass feels hopeless for the protagonists in a good way, they gettin mopped

Like there is ZERO friendship power ups and plot armor in this series. If you cant hang you are absolutely going to die and fast lol

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Anybody watches Jujutsu Kaisen? I'm waist deep in the Shibuya arc. This is probably one of the most intense arcs I've seen in Shonen. Shit deadass feels hopeless for the protagonists in a good way, they gettin mopped

Like there is ZERO friendship power ups and plot armor in this series. If you cant hang you are absolutely going to die and fast lol

JJK this season is just non-stop fucking intense, basically start to finish.

The manga slows down a *little* after the material in this season, but it stays really good (give or take some readers getting butthurt and whining on the internet over how some match-ups end up going).

On 11/24/2023 at 7:45 AM, Reticently said:

JJK this season is just non-stop fucking intense, basically start to finish.

The manga slows down a *little* after the material in this season, but it stays really good (give or take some readers getting butthurt and whining on the internet over how some match-ups end up going).

Show has me in a chokehold, it doesnt let go once it hooks you. And I love how unpredictable it is, a fight could easily go left and unlike other similar battle manga. 

It aint got shit to do with honor, the power of friendship or fighting someone at their best, the heroes and villains are actively trying to kill each other, no matter what unfair, unhanded means they have to use to do it