Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

KonoSuba Season 3 Officially Announced for 2024

A season 3 of KonoSuba is currently in production. The new series will air in 2024, and a new key visual of the protagonist group heading off on a new adventure appeared as well. The new season of KonoSuba will continue after the events of the 2019 movie KonoSuba: The Legend of Crimson. Studio Drive will be in charge of animating the new season.

KonoSuba is inspired a series of light novels written by Natsume Akatsuki. The series received an anime adaptation by Studio Deen in 2016, and a second season appeared in 2017. The series is part of another crossover anime titled Isekai Quartet.

You can check out the new key visual for season 3 of KonoSuba in more detail here:

konosuba-season-3-full-visual.png?fit=75

On 6/22/2023 at 3:09 PM, AriesWarlock said:

KonoSuba Season 3 Officially Announced for 2024

A season 3 of KonoSuba is currently in production. The new series will air in 2024, and a new key visual of the protagonist group heading off on a new adventure appeared as well. The new season of KonoSuba will continue after the events of the 2019 movie KonoSuba: The Legend of Crimson. Studio Drive will be in charge of animating the new season.

KonoSuba is inspired a series of light novels written by Natsume Akatsuki. The series received an anime adaptation by Studio Deen in 2016, and a second season appeared in 2017. The series is part of another crossover anime titled Isekai Quartet.

You can check out the new key visual for season 3 of KonoSuba in more detail here:

konosuba-season-3-full-visual.png?fit=75

This reminds me i have S1-2 on the docket to knock out. Finally get past the clips of the show and get down into it.

Both the trailer and official website offered up details about the people and studio behind it. Wit Studio, which worked on Spy x Family, Pokemon Legends: Arceus – Hisuian Snow, and Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime series, is behind it. Eri Osada is the director, Tappei Nagatsuki and Eiji Umehara wrote its script, Naoto Hosoda designed the characters, Akira Amano worked on the character design draft, and Kenichiro Suehiro composed its soundtrack.

Kadokawa announced a new Spice & Wolf anime is in production. Alongside the announcement of the new Spice & Wolf anime, a trailer and key visual were shared. The key visual was shared through the official Spice & Wolf Twitter account. However, Kadokawa has not specified if the anime will be a sequel or a remake, only that it is an entirely new project.

Additionally, writer Isuna Hasekura and illustrator Ju Ayakura shared a few words regarding the announcement of the new anime.

Isuna Hasekura: It’s been 15 years since Lawrence and Holo’s journey began. I’m very excited for everyone to see these characters again.

Ju Ayakura: I’m very happy to see Lawrence and Holo again, this time through an anime! I’m looking forward to seeing what the anime will be.

The popular light novel "Wolf and Spice", which won the 12th Dengeki novel Grand Prize <Silver Prize> published by KADOKAWA Dengeki Bunko, celebrating the 15th anniversary of the series in 2021.
Currently, the series has exceeded 5 million copies, and the sequel is published, and the "Wolf and Spice SPRING LOG" and the Spin -off series "New theoretical Wolf and Spice Wolf and Parchments" have been published, and not only in Japan but also overseas. But this work is very popular.

It is a complete new animation project "Wolf and Spice MEETS THE WOLF" announced as the 15th anniversary finale project in the series, but it has been decided to broadcast in 2024.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________O

◆ Story
The young peddler craft Lawrence spent a day selling products from the city to the city, with one horse drawing a carriage.

One day, he visits a small village with a golden wheat field and meets a beautiful girl with his ears and tails.

"Wachi's name is Holo"

Holo, who calls himself a "wise wolf", was an incarnation of a wolf who controls fertility.

Hearing her desire to return to the Yoitsu Forest, which should be in the far north, Lawrence and Holo will be a business trip to the north.

However, there is an unexpected turbulence in the travel of the peddler.
A lonely pedometer and a carriage carrying a lonely wolf incarnation begin to run noisy now.

Edited by AriesWarlock

Bleach has been back in action with the 2nd part of Thousand Year Blood War as of last Saturday, and of course I'm loving it...(Hulu has it)... new episode was today and they already are at the point where the Wandenreich show up again in Soul Society for the 2nd invasion/attack.  

As usual this show tends to have the best intro sequences... 

Arguably the biggest announcement to come out of SDCC anime-wise was the news of Cowboy Bebop creator Shinichirō Watanabe directing a new anime with John Wick director Chad Stahelski and Studio Mappa (Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man), called Lazarus. According to Variety, the anime, which is already in production, takes place in the year 2052 and follows the story of a “Nobel Prize-winning neuroscientist” who concocts a cure-all drug named Hapauna. However, the drug has dire side effects that result in the death of its users three years after they use it, leading a special task force to investigate the matter.

Fooly Cooly, also known as FLCL, is returning with its fourth season, FLCL: Grunge. As is tradition, the new hotness’ soundtrack will be performed by Japanese alternative rock band The Pillows. However, unlike its predecessors, FLCL: Grunge will utilize 3D animation by MontBlanc Pictures.

First announced last year, FLCL: Grunge follows a group of teenagers, one of whom resembles Fantastic Four’s The Thing, as they battle strange otherworldly oddities to protect those closest to them. If prior seasons are anything to go by, there’s also a high probability that the monsters causing a ruckus in the quiet fictional industrial town of Mabase have something to do with one of Haruko’s hair-brained schemes. FLCL: Grunge premieres on Toonami on September 9.

Edited by AriesWarlock

I still have only seen like two episodes of Progressive. Was watching it on Toonami when I I think I saved all the episodes on my DVR and that got erased before I could sit down watch. 

Wanted to watch the dub so I never watched the streaming option that was on Crunchyroll.

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I still have only seen like two episodes of Progressive. Was watching it on Toonami when I I think I saved all the episodes on my DVR and that got erased before I could sit down watch. 

Wanted to watch the dub so I never watched the streaming option that was on Crunchyroll.

I like Progressive but I never got to see Alternative. A lot of people liked neither. 

On 7/25/2023 at 12:04 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Naruto: The Whorl Within the Spiral

The world of Naruto returns with an all-new one-shot about his father Minato!

I read this, and I thought it was good. I wish more of the older series expanded on the past of some characters. Like Togashi could do a manga on the background of Toguro, and Genkai from Yuyu Hakusho. Even a story about Kuroko Sanada would be cool, her being the very first spirit detective.

1ae00-photostudio_1613150500797.jpg

On 8/5/2023 at 7:59 PM, AriesWarlock said:

I read this, and I thought it was good. I wish more of the older series expanded on the past of some characters. Like Togashi could do a manga on the background of Toguro, and Genkai from Yuyu Hakusho. Even a story about Kuroko Sanada would be cool, her being the very first spirit detective.

1ae00-photostudio_1613150500797.jpg

Had a similar idea but for One Piece, would love to see Luffy's granddad Garp and his buddies as they rise in the ranks and deal with all the nonsense the world throws at them before, during or after the time of Roger but before the series fully starts.

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboy Bebop movie, Ghost in the Shell, and 3 Satoshi Kon films will be playing in select USA theaters over the next few months.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-08-25/ax-cinema-nights-to-screen-5-anime-films-in-u.s-this-fall-including-perfect-blue-paprika/.201571

The films will screen on the following dates:

Perfect Blue 25th anniversary screening (presented in partnership with GKIDS): September 6, 7, 10
Ghost in the Shell: November 8, 9, 12
Tokyo Godfathers 20th anniversary screening: December 11-13
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie: January 21-23
Paprika (restored in 4K): February 7, 8, 11
The films will have English-subtitled and English-dubbed screenings. The companies will announce ticket sales and theaters at a later time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...