Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

Big news for MACROSS fans....

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-03-18/disney-to-stream-nearly-all-macross-anime-worldwide-in-2024/.208882

However, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross series from 1982 and its feature film remake The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? are both listed as "Limited distribution inside Japan."

According to the announcement, the Macross anime will be distributed on the platform by the end of 2024.

The announcement also says that Disney+ will be the only video distribution platform where all the titles will be available at once.

The following titles are listed for distribution outside Japan:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 (the music video derived from the television and film versions of the original Macross anime)
The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers, Again- (6 episodes)
Macross Plus (4 episodes total)
Macross Plus Movie Edition
Macross 7 (49 television episodes, plus three OVA episodes)
Macross 7 the Movie: The Galaxy's Calling Me!
Macross Dynamite 7 (4 episodes)
Macross Zero (5 episodes)
Macross Frontier (25 episodes)
Macross Frontier: The False Songstress
Macross Frontier: The Wings of Farewell
Gekijō Tanpen Macross Frontier Toki no Meikyū
Macross FB7: Ore no Uta o Kike!
Macross Delta (26 episodes)
Macross Delta the Movie: Passionate Walkūre
Macross Delta the Movie: Absolute Live!!!!!!

Edited by DangerousJ

So I finished a marathon of Bleach (skipped the filler arcs tho) and I was wondering, if anyone is familiar with the manga, if Season 3 of The Thousand Year Blood War anime will be the final one, or if there's enough content for two more. Anyone got any idea?

11 hours ago, Dracu said:

So I finished a marathon of Bleach (skipped the filler arcs tho) and I was wondering, if anyone is familiar with the manga, if Season 3 of The Thousand Year Blood War anime will be the final one, or if there's enough content for two more. Anyone got any idea?

From what has been gleamed Cour 3 should cover most if not all of the remaining  story and Cour 4 might be all new stuff that Kubo might have wanted to put in.

All these years later it's still one of my favorite moments in the Bleach anime...  Yammamoto just slightly flexing his crazy spiritual pressure/power to immediately shut down Nanao before she could even attempt a Kido spell....

She was instantly debilitated and couldn't even remain standing....and of course this is just a small sampling of how completely busted the upper ranks of the Bleach characters are.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, MillionX said:

All these years later it's still one of my favorite moments in the Bleach anime...  Yammamoto just slightly flexing his crazy spiritual pressure/power to immediately shut down Nanao before she could even attempt a Kido spell....

She was instantly debilitated and couldn't even remain standing....and of course this is just a small sampling of how completely busted the upper ranks of the Bleach characters are.

That's definitely a favorite of mine as well. Still, the scene that sticks with me the most is when Aizen stopped Ichigo's theme.

I'm probably super late on this one. I don't really post in this thread and I haven't really been watching much anime recently. That said, I saw one that I thought was really good.  Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. Typically the story follows the hero as they "slay the demon king". But this one centers on what happens after. It's told from the perspective of Frieren. She's the Elven Mage of the party and due to her long life she has a far different concept of time than other party members. Her party members were Himmel the Hero (Human), Heiter the Corrupt Priest (Human), and Eisen the Warrior (Dwarf).

To make a long story short, Frieren regrets not taking the time to get know her party, Himmel in particular, better. I can't really get into it any further without spoiling things. But if you haven't, the series is really worth checking out. It's does an excellent job of story telling.  The way their able to....hm. can't say much with spoiling. Well, if you have seen it let me know what you think. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm probably super late on this one. I don't really post in this thread and I haven't really been watching much anime recently. That said, I saw one that I thought was really good.  Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. Typically the story follows the hero as they "slay the demon king". But this one centers on what happens after. It's told from the perspective of Frieren. She's the Elven Mage of the party and due to her long life she has a far different concept of time than other party members. Her party members were Himmel the Hero (Human), Heiter the Corrupt Priest (Human), and Eisen the Warrior (Dwarf).

To make a long story short, Frieren regrets not taking the time to get know her party, Himmel in particular, better. I can't really get into it any further without spoiling things. But if you haven't, the series is really worth checking out. It's does an excellent job of story telling.  They way their able to....hm. can't say much with spoiling. Well, if you have seen it let me know what you think. 

There's a lot of talk about it, never bothered to check it out.

Hadn't seen those moves from Sango before

40 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

There's a lot of talk about it, never bothered to check it out.

Up until last week, I was in the same boat. I stumbled on to it and I enjoyed so much, I've started watching anime again. I've come across some interesting shows but Frieren was/is on another level. I knew the premise going into it. I saw a video, can't remember the Youtube creator, where he used Frieren Beyond Journey's End as contrast to the Rings Of Power when it came to writing. After watching it, I can completely agree with his take. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I've never seen Demon Slayer. I saw a Youtube comment that described it's story as this. 😂

Demon slayers story line:Tanjiro's sister turns into a demon so he embarks on a journey with Peppa Pig and Sleepwalking Pikachu to slay Michael Jackson.

It cracked me the hell up but how accurate is it?

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've never seen Demon Slayer. I saw a Youtube comment that described it's story as this. 😂

Demon slayers story line:Tanjiro's sister turns into a demon so he embarks on a journey with Peppa Pig and Sleepwalking Pikachu to slay Michael Jackson.

100% accurate.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's basically it...and it's fun for what it is. 

On 4/21/2024 at 1:55 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Sleepwalking Pikachu will fuck you up though.