Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I just wish there was a way to re-up the usage of the weapons or know exactly how many hits before they break. Since every enemy that drops parts or weapons respawns, it isn't terrible to lose something but it would be nice to have the ability to restore something that was super useful instead of trying to hunt it's parts down again. Or go to lesser weapons.

I do wonder how it will work in the next game, Zelda games love to try new stuff.

There is a Goron in Tarry Town you can pay 20 Rupees to un-fuse any weapon in your inventory. It wont save the weapon but it saves the monster part since those don't have durability. Easy way to stock on high level monster/machine parts, and also a cheesy way to get any gemstone you want from the appropriate Wizrobe.

Double hint, the boxes next to the Fuse Goron also tend to carry Arrow Bundles 👍

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I could be down to play SF6, but my experience with the game has been very limited outside the betas due my uncle whole situation, so I am sure I wouldn't be much of a challenge 😅

Challenge or not doesn't matter.  Just trying to play games with you guys and hit buttons.  What is everyone's IDs?

I got Purbeasts but I didn't see anyone elses.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Tanya's moveset and fatality look amazing. I'm not sure about her design.

I am on the same boat, dunno what is it, but her design doesn't make it for me.

Also, who the fuck is the dude that is with  Meil Li I dunno who he is supposed to be 🤣

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Something I find funny about this trailer, is that they put Homelander above all, despite canonically Omniman, no matter what version is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY stronger than any version of Homelander, like is not even a contest.

Omniman is easily the most powerful "evil superman" that is not Superman/other kryptonian in fiction, iirc.

47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Alright 3 year old hurdle crossed.  I'm in VA 0150 now and I'm working on adding people who put their IDs up.  Mine is Sonichuman

Why be in a battle hub room?  Why not just make a custom room?

I still have yet to open world tour or battle hub mode on this game lol.

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Why be in a battle hub room?  Why not just make a custom room?

I still have yet to open world tour or battle hub mode on this game lol.

I have barely played world tour but battle hub is actually not a bad place to mingle and play games with in terms of presentation.    Especially if you pretty much designate a room that everyone knows a group will likely be in for games.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Me looking at that Ermac design:

giphy.gif

FOR REAL, what the fuck is that? They had something almost perfect with MK11's design they didn't use anywhere but the Krypt. Why not tweak that and bring it over? I didn't even know that was Ermac until the end. Thought it was some horror dude I didn't know. It's strange to feel this strongly about a character I haven't mained since 2011-2013, but man. Design wise he has been gutter trash since then.

Edited by axeman61

I don't care one blink for Takeda, but he at least looks good in line with his earlier design. Ermac's design is just trash. I'm one to reserve judgment until I have the game in my hands, but I know right here and now I'm not getting used to that shit. That second costume better slap.

I just don't get it. To me MK11 and 12 (so far) have great designs for the characters. They're banging out good designs for characters I don't even care about like that. But I had such a visceral reaction when I realized THAT was Ermac. They didn't fumble the ball; they threw that shit into a lava pit. For real. To each their own, but I don't see how ANYONE can compare MK11 Ermac (who died in the Krypt) to this design and prefer this one. They should have just did something with MK11 Ermac.

Edited by axeman61
9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I want to be like @purbeastwhen I grow up. Your Dee Jay combos...I need to learn those. GGs everyone.

I learned some of them from watching Smug.  The one juggle combo that I do constantly as a punish is one that I saw him do and now I do it all the time cause it's a ton of damage and I believe only uses 3 bars since the DR isn't a DRC as it's used after you recover.  

I'm also still trying to learn on the hitbox too.  I notice when I'm on the P2 side I have more issues.  I will get into a panic sometimes when trying to run away/defend where I hold jump by accident with my thumb.  I think it's because that is the right most button and my brain is telling me the right most button blocks.  But then I find myself jumping and am like WTF and then it clicks that I'm holding down that button instead of the actual right direction.  That is my main holdup with feeling fully comfortable on it but I think I'll get it.

@Sonichumanand @LantisI want to play more with you all too because I need the matchup experience big time.  Honda and Marisa hit hard AF.  I'd have like 2 combos from you all and be down like over 50% health.

GGs to all of you it was a fun evening on SF6.

17 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Is almost as if mismanaging the game, and trying to artificially create and control a esports scene, copying and exploitive business model system from the NFL wasn't a recipe for failure.

I can't think of any artificially created eSports scene that was successful in long run. These companies need to let the community cook before going head first into being the next StarCraft

14 hours ago, Dayaan said:

I think just the whiplash from the Ape getting up again from the first time is what makes it terrifying, but really mastering that whole fight will teach you that the hardest part of it is just the first half of the first phase. Terror killed me because I didn't even know what it was. The next time I fought him, his ass got ripped open wider than his neck did at the end of phase 1.

You bastard! You went for the bad (but extremely fast) ending! It's definitely the coolest one. Great Shinobi Owl was the toughest boss fight for me in the game. Emma and Isshin are pretty easy though. None of them compare to the absurdity of the final boss of the standard ending who I got really lucky with. He is definitely objectively the hardest boss. I hear a lot of people rival that take with the other Owl fight, which I never did. God bless.

See that's funny because I figured out after a bit that Owl is really slow and you can interrupt his windups with your own slashes a lot of the time. Knowing that made that fight a lot easier for me. Emma I've found if I just keep on her with slashes and Praying Strikes (love those things!) that fight ends pretty quickly. Now I just have to figure out Isshin.

How many runs of the game did you do?

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I learned some of them from watching Smug.  The one juggle combo that I do constantly as a punish is one that I saw him do and now I do it all the time cause it's a ton of damage and I believe only uses 3 bars since the DR isn't a DRC as it's used after you recover.  

I'm also still trying to learn on the hitbox too.  I notice when I'm on the P2 side I have more issues.  I will get into a panic sometimes when trying to run away/defend where I hold jump by accident with my thumb.  I think it's because that is the right most button and my brain is telling me the right most button blocks.  But then I find myself jumping and am like WTF and then it clicks that I'm holding down that button instead of the actual right direction.  That is my main holdup with feeling fully comfortable on it but I think I'll get it.

@Sonichumanand @LantisI want to play more with you all too because I need the matchup experience big time.  Honda and Marisa hit hard AF.  I'd have like 2 combos from you all and be down like over 50% health.

GGs to all of you it was a fun evening on SF6.

Who was the nut job Ken who was with us at the start?

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

One of my IRC (now Discord) buddies from back in the day.

Also, do you guys prefer the FT2 in a winner stays on lobby?  Or would you prefer just 1 and done?

I prefer FT2 but if there are a good number of people (4 maybe but higher definitely)  it would make rotation better if it was 1 and done. 

Battle hub can house more than private rooms and is already 1 and done because of that probably.

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

See that's funny because I figured out after a bit that Owl is really slow and you can interrupt his windups with your own slashes a lot of the time.

Too much risk for my pea brain!

Emma I've found if I just keep on her with slashes and Praying Strikes (love those things!) that fight ends pretty quickly. Now I just have to figure out Isshin.

Emma is much easier than Isshin but you just have to obey similar principles as in the Genichiro - Way of Tomoe fight.

How many runs of the game did you do?

One. There is no way in hell that I am investing any more time into the game. I want to continue with Dark Souls 1 and some other games too.

Good luck with Isshin! Are you aware of how much of the game is left for you? Regardless, have fun!