Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

12 hours ago, Camacho said:

It's nice for some specific interest stuff, but holy shit, the derangement level is high in a hell of a lot of the subs. I know the term "autistic" gets thrown around way too freely online, but it really seems to fit a disproportionate % of Reddit users.

Indeed. Outside of a few subs I'm in, I just naturally assume that everyone is like that r/antiwork mod that for interviewed on Fox and thought that dog walking 7 hours a week was too much work. 😂

12 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

People are on unreal amounts of hopium believing that he was hinting at anything with the word salad that was those comments. It's was more like he was trying to say no without saying no. Plus, Sony owns the Bloodborne IP so if it's going to happen, it'll be at their behest unfortunately.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:53 AM, Sonichuman said:

Viola is going to take time to grow on people especially since we don't know what the full fate of the original Bayo is at the moment.  I don't doubt that there's going to be some reservations on her especially after her debut and the ending of Bayo 3.  I'm not in that camp but I get it.  We'll have to see what happens whenever Bayo 4 happens.

I hope they don't just turn her into a Bayo clone who fights the same way. She was an annoying character in the story but I had a blast playing her in game.

49 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

People are on unreal amounts of hopium believing that he was hinting at anything with the word salad that was those comments. It's was more like he was trying to say no without saying no. Plus, Sony owns the Bloodborne IP so if it's going to happen, it'll be at their behest unfortunately.

So Bloodborne is getting a remake this year?!

19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I mean, I'll buy it. *shrug*

I know man, I'm just venting my frustration at Sony's current mindset. I mean some dude hacked the PS4 version of Bloodborne to run at 60fps on PS4 Pro ages ago. So for them to drag ass on this when their customers clamoring for more Bloodborne seems asinine. I'm not into the game and I've see the heavy interest from the outside looking in. They'd rather dump money into live service garbage that may not even see release, than give their fans what they want.

16 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I thought that was Naughty Dog and TLOU

I wish. There is so much smoke around a HZD remake/remaster that is veritable wildfire. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
34 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I know man, I'm just venting my frustration at Sony's current mindset. I mean some dude hacked the PS4 version of Bloodborne to run at 60fps on PS4 Pro ages ago. So for them to drag ass on this when their customers clamoring for more Bloodborne seems asinine. I'm not into the game and I've see the heavy interest from the outside looking in. They'd rather dump money into live service garbage that may not even see release, than give their fans what they want.

Just throwing a bone out there, while the fans demand it, that doesn't really mean Fromsoft is willing to make it. They've been busy the last 3 years working on Elden Ring and as much as the fans demand it I don't wanna play Bloodborne 2 not made by FromSoft. Even a Bloodborne remake not made by them is iffy to me. Don't get me wrong Blue Points Demons Souls remake is very good, i do recommend it, but they miss the big key picture on some of the lore and it fucks shit up. Souls in Demons Soul are made of water, not fire. The big ass demon we are trying to keep from waking, the Old One....is a tree. It eats souls. Souls are made to look like water...cuz trees drink endless amounts of water. Souls=Water=Drank by a giant demonic tree. 

Blue Point missed all of this and made the Souls Fire cuz Dark Souls and Fire but Fire burns trees, not sustains them. You can't just turn the games Souls into fire and it not basically fuck up everything. Great remake but they kinda fucked it up to. 

So the fans can demand all they want but I don't want Fromsoft content not made by Fromsoft, other people don't really get it, shit I don't get it half the fucking time, I have to play like 5 times and peice it together. I don't blame Blue Point for missing the point because it's really easy to do with Fromsoft games. It's why it's so important they make them. Like so much of Demons Souls is Kings Field DNA. Kings Fields all about trees and water and dragons. Last boss of KF1 is literally a tree and you spend the majority of the game redirecting magical waters. It's all trees and water and Dragons. I even just described Sekiro lol. Trees, Water and Dragons lol. 

With all of that said the lack of a 60fps patch from SECJ or whatever is pretty pretty goofy at this point, that's the kind of thing that could be done without Fromsoft and it would be fine. 

Edited by RSG3
7 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Yeah...I just finished watching Easy Allies review of the game and saw Tifa in the bathing suit...

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Edit:  Also going to say that I'm in the camp (however small it may be)  that actually likes what they did to Tifa's redesign in new timeline cause with all the shit she's doing it would make sense that she'd want have some support and not knock herself out in the middle of doing a Somersault

Edited by Sonichuman
17 hours ago, MillionX said:

oof, I'm already wondering what kind of disastrous results that Borderlands movie will get at the box office.  It doesn't look quite as awful as I was expecting, but still that's some weird casting decisions going on there; particularly in pint-sized Kevin Hart as Roland and Jaime Lee Curtis as Tannis.

...also---no Mordecai or Brick???  It looks like the main group being focused on here is Lilith, Roland, Tina, Tannis and Claptrap.

I mean storywise Roland and Lilith had the most development especially once we get to Handsome Jack BUUUT, I'm sorry imma pass on this one. Not to hate on Jamie Lee Curtis but of all casting why her for Tannis? I wanted a 1 for 1 of my fave kooky but still somewhat young hot scientist. Oddly enough She could have played the role very well in the 90s (true lies era? YES!) and don't me started on Kevin Hart as Roland. Was Idra Elbis not available? 

Sooooo....

A new Avatar the last air bender 2d fighting game is in development.

Supposedly its goal is to be a competitive fg ala dbfz and gbfvs in that it is also easy to access.

Some rumors floating around suggest it could mean that asw is behind it, since they named those 2 when talking about the game.

58 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Sooooo....

A new Avatar the last air bender 2d fighting game is in development.

Supposedly its goal is to be a competitive fg ala dbfz and gbfvs in that it is also easy to access.

Some rumors floating around suggest it could mean that asw is behind it, since they named those 2 when talking about the game.

As far as I am aware, the Avatar game will be by Maximum Entertainment which was formerly known as Modus Games. I’m not too excited for it since this was the same company that brought Mane 6 (the company behind Them’s Fightin’ Herds) and fired almost everyone there and had them cancel their future DLC. They also abandoned their own fighting game (God of Rock) after one update. Having such a beloved property in their hands might have them lock in, but I won’t be surprised if it was mismanaged.

5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I mean storywise Roland and Lilith had the most development especially once we get to Handsome Jack BUUUT, I'm sorry imma pass on this one. Not to hate on Jamie Lee Curtis but of all casting why her for Tannis? I wanted a 1 for 1 of my fave kooky but still somewhat young hot scientist. Oddly enough She could have played the role very well in the 90s (true lies era? YES!) and don't me started on Kevin Hart as Roland. Was Idra Elbis not available? 

Oh yeah, Tannis is one of the absolute hottest girls in the Borderlands franchise.  JLC from the late 80s to early 90s would've been understandable....but as much as most fans love her, the woman is an older lady at this point; the reality is she looks like Tannis' mother or even grandmother now.

I suppose they just wanted as many recognizable names as main characters as possible, but it's odd.  

*edit---there's a very brief shot of Moxxi in the trailer as well, but it's so quick people will blink and miss it

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/borderlands-movie-mad-moxxi-actress-113335341.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADtjPTbWuCmyoHp0NWcvP4ZqibK3UOdzccAYxo63YOoVZTlMd-oIzeuIL8foo3FJWOD47136KCFNqphVS2_zg3a9JiTpdzcE_2WqfdM2SrLbFrts6OoHF7dgHCDEEIY_VichQUH4dFNXFU7JtaqDXxOuKcSfl9o5vG4QrRLOhzvU

ah ok---Gina Gershon---another old pick; she's 61 currently 😆  she is holding up amazingly well though in the looks department....other 60+ year old women wish they could look that good.

Edited by MillionX

I've been interested in what I've seen and played (a friend's copy) of Evil West so yeah I intend to get that one... I think it runs on Steam Deck so of course I'm getting it there.

BG3 - I went back to my Tiefling warlock "Julian", who was still a fresh character ....moving the story along here to get to that delicious moment where he will betray his own people.  Heh, that's going to be so so good....yes yes... 

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Speaking of Maximum/Modus and TFH, the game released some DLC today. The initial review is that both characters they released are broken, because the people working on were let go before they could do QA.

IMG_4621.jpg?ex=65ea58a5&is=65d7e3a5&hm=

Incompetence wins out again and the only people actually hurt by it are the people at the bottom who did all the fucking work in the first place.