Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

I haven't played the game since the patch dropped, but apparently the new Stellar Blade update uncensors the outfits that were changed by the day 1 patch. Well, I still can sell the physical copy I have down the line as the "Hard R" addition anyway. If it becomes valuable anyway.  I had to laugh at the article though. Paul Tassi spent the last 2/3rds of the article bitching about it. He spent far more time on the topic than the actually content of the update itself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/05/24/stellar-blade-patch-boss-rush-mode-and-uncensored-outfits/?sh=6a6bdfc55cb2

Posted (edited)

What a weird thing for Forbes to even report on. 

Edit: @HD-Man5 bucks for Mad Max is a steal. That games pretty good. It just has too much of the same content for too long, that's all. The world should probably be a little bit smaller and the campaign a little bit shorter. 

Edited by RSG3
16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What a weird thing for Forbes to even report on. 

IIRC they have two contributors that cover gaming Erik Kain and Paul Tassi. I'm honestly not much of a fan of the latter. While I don't always agree with Erik's takes, I respect him because he seems genuine. I find Paul Tassi to be very inauthentic. So, I'm not surprised they posted an article, I just wasn't expecting the Dime style rant on something could have been summed up in small paragraph. It seems, at least to me, that he wanted to rant about it. That Paul posted an article on the content update as vehicle to discuss what was really on his mind.

I guess thats why its wwirrd to me. I dont really see Forbes as the typemof magazine to waste ink on such a nothing story, and its not an editorial so...

Just weird. I dont read Forbes tho so maybe it's not that weird. Would just imagine it to still be somewhat business related I guess. 

29 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I guess thats why its wwirrd to me. I dont really see Forbes as the typemof magazine to waste ink on such a nothing story, and its not an editorial so...

Just weird. I dont read Forbes tho so maybe it's not that weird. Would just imagine it to still be somewhat business related I guess. 

Only reason I know is because years back I stumbled onto one of Erik's articles and was shocked to read actual games journalism. So I made a point to read all his articles from then on. Forbes covers a lot of things and they have an atrocious website. I stopped visiting it because of how much of a cluster it was. They have interesting technology articles that were hard to find. I'd Google search by the author's name to get to their articles on Forbes. It reminds of the old internal search engine for my company homepage. You'd know exactly what you were looking for and it still wouldn't come up. You basically had to bookmark anything of importance. It was terrible. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Those two videos hit the nail on the head. I'm doing a raid tonight with my DENSITY buddies,  and I'd rather be playing Heckdivers.  DENSITY has just gotten so fucking bloated, whereas Heckdivers is actually fun and doesn't feel like a chore to play. 

Word.
During Density 1 I was willing to play everyday of the week because it was fun, very likely in part of playing with friends, but still.

Once they announced 2 and that nothing carried over, I dropped D1, but came back for D2.
Man, that launch state was so bad, that I dropped the game and didn't came back until the the 30th anniversary event for bungie and later for Witch Queen update dropped, which also allowed me to play the story where you get Stasis and iirc one where you fight against Callus daughter.

I did enjoy the story of those, but dropped the game after finishing it cuz the sole idea of having to dedicate hours upon hours to just try to catch up and unlock stuff to be able to play stuff like Nightfalls, Raids, etc felt like too much.

A stark contrast to when I did nightfalls and segments of the raids solo.

I remember one time that was with 2 randoms that my friends brought for the Crota raid that we decided to do it one more time, without mics/chat, but where able to do it so cleanly because everyone knew what to do and what role to fill during the raid.

On Density 2 I have yet to make a single raid.

My friends say that all oif us should buy the last expansion because is the end, but man, I would have to unlock so much stuff, that is not worth it imo.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

It is mostly to drive traffic to the site for general topics that don't really fall into editorials or articles.
Hence why they are penned by contributors rather than full on staff.

14 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Steam Deck is the SHIT, this mfer is immaculate. Its so damn user friendly, I thought it'd be a chore. Already got ps5 controllers and emulators installed. This is gonna make my time on the boat alot more bearable

Watch your captain learning to code, just to make a game where he serves you his food there as well.

On 5/23/2024 at 3:06 AM, Lantis said:

But.....will people actually go back to play SamSho?

Online has been dead for a couple of years now

If by dead you mean not doing the same numbers as SF and Tekken, then I guess so. But I never jump on and not find people to play.

But the fgc is a bunch of ungrateful cunts who, when given what they asked for, will just ask for more and post Steam numbers as a reason not to play. So no.

But a few of us here are doing a lobby on PSN tomorrow night if you want to join

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

If it keeps the same energy as the first half of Ep. 1 then yeah I believe the hype.    I had to stop cause I def can't watch this in front of my son lol.

Have the same issue with my nephew.

Unfortunately the side effect of me watching mostly game related and anime videos means he has become a weeb.  But thankfully most of his generation already are.

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I haven't played the game since the patch dropped, but apparently the new Stellar Blade update uncensors the outfits that were changed by the day 1 patch. Well, I still can sell the physical copy I have down the line as the "Hard R" addition anyway. If it becomes valuable anyway.  I had to laugh at the article though. Paul Tassi spent the last 2/3rds of the article bitching about it. He spent far more time on the topic than the actually content of the update itself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/05/24/stellar-blade-patch-boss-rush-mode-and-uncensored-outfits/?sh=6a6bdfc55cb2

That author gotta hold that L

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

They didn't do it for fucking Grummz lmao. 

It doesn't matter, since that it is what he feels and was complaining about on the forbes article.
He is one of those types that gets mad when consumers get what they wanted.

He also complained when Sonic was redesigned due the backlash for the 1st trailer of the 1st movie.

A complete imbecile.

Edited by Hecatom

PS1 AESTHETIC Action horror third-person shooter NIGHTMARE OPERATOR

Spoiler

Here is a look at the final character design by Gravity Rush series artist Takeshi Oga. :

NIGHTMARE OPERATOR NIGHTMARE OPERATOR NIGHTMARE OPERATOR

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About

The year is 2036. Humanity has declined. Misha is a Public Safety Operator: a contractor for the Provisional Government tasked with hunting Youkai, and protecting the Quarantine City of Shin-Chiba. Within the haunted ruins of Tokyo, she unearths a mystery that could unmake what remains of civilization.

NIGHTMARE OPERATOR is an action-horror shooter about hunting Youkai in the haunted ruins of Tokyo. Combat fuses the tense shooting gameplay of classic survival horror, with the skill-based mechanics and execution of fighting games and spectacle fighters.

slide 1 of 27

NIGHTMARE-OPERATOR_2024_05-25-24_001-320x180.jpg

NIGHTMARE-OPERATOR_2024_05-25-24_002-320x180.jpg

NIGHTMARE-OPERATOR_2024_05-25-24_003-320x180.jpg

NIGHTMARE-OPERATOR_2024_05-25-24_004-320x180.jpg

Key Features

• Clutch System – Misha’s Modular Gun allows her to rapidly switch between Weapon Modules using command inputs inspired by fighting games. Efficiently dispatching Youkai requires maintaining a cool head and skillful execution, even as the horrifying creatures close in.
  • Legends Brought to Life – The Youkai that Misha encounters are drawn from urban legends, and Japanese folklore. However, they don’t appear exactly as depicted in the well-known stories. These are the monsters the stories are based on.
  • Powerful Status Effects – Weapon Modules are imbued with various elemental damage types that allow Misha to inflict statuses such as “freeze,” “stun,” or “bleed” upon Youkai. Learning when your next shot is going to send a Youkai reeling or freeze them solid is key to survival.
  • Build Your Own Combos – While exploring the ruins of Tokyo, Misha will discover and build up an impressive arsenal of Weapon Modules. Weapon Modules can be slotted into different “Command Slots” in Misha’s Modular Gun, allowing players to choose which command inputs to assign to what modules.
  • Lo-Rez Tokyo – The locations Misha explores in NIGHTMARE OPERATOR are all based on the real-world districts and neighborhoods of Tokyo. Famous landmarks and beloved streets are realized in a beautiful low-poly aesthetic that is inspired by the early days of 3D video games.
  • Kanpai! – Between missions, Misha and her team have nomikai at a local izakaya in the Quarantine City. These sections will allow players to explore archives from the broken world of NIGHTMARE OPERATOR, interact with the inhabitants of the Quarantine City, and drool over low-poly izakaya fare.

NIGHTMARE OPERATOR is in development for PC (Steam). A release date has yet to be announced.

Posted (edited)

This instagram I found has some "pin-up style" art of the Baldur's Gate ladies 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7EMYF1u9fB/ 

So ohhh yes I will be keeping tabs 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

**I went on and got the TMNT Shredder's Revenge for Steam Deck while it was on sale----the bundle is on sale too of course; just 20 bucks and change for the game + the DLC; I've already been playing the hell out of that. (Donatello the first choice, as always... best Turtle there; the choice of champions.)

Edited by MillionX