Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

14 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

This is pretty crazy that we have a western dev putting actual hard money into a turned based RPG.  When was the last time that happened?  Has to at least over a decade.  And They're making the battles more interactive which is always cool.

This looks cool.

oh yeah this is another one I'll need to get for sure....

I was playing a bit of Diablo 3 once again on lunchbreak today.... back on the strongest necromancer I ever made (3 million "sheet DPS"!!), and with that 1 pylon powerup that grants boosted attack and movement speed, one of the critical hits I noticed was 226 trillion damage.  I'll never get tired of loving such ridiculous damage numbers like that. 

Edited by MillionX

Good to see the game is going to be more action/adventure ala DMC.

59 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Koudelka is pretty cool and unique for a JRPG. 

It got a very limited print tho and is extremely expensive. Aquire it digitally if possible. 

There's no digital version that I am aware of. I read some company announced plans to bring the game to Steam, but apparently that company no longer exists. Pity, the story is pretty cool.

15 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I didn't get the impression that Phantom Blade was a souls type game and actually thought it looked more like Sekiro.  But I guess people looked at it at a very surface level and they had to set the record straight.

Plenty of people consider Sekiro a Soulslike 😅

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Remember when I got the steam deck and you guys were telling me about a site that had great deals on games? What was it again? Its not Humble Bundle or CDKeys I dont think 

Green Man Gaming, Humble Bundle and Fanatical, and Steam itself are my usual go-to's. The thing I didn't realize right away after building a PC was that while sales are near constant, you sometimes have to wait a couple months for a sale to hit the specific game you're looking for. For new releases, GMG is normally my best bet. Steam has big sales like 4-5 times a year, with regular flash sales popping up throughout. HB and Fanatical are generally where you'll find the most ridiculous deals. Speaking of that, there's a pretty good Capcom deal on Fanatical right now:  https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/capcom-arcade-bundle

Edited by Camacho
9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

So I'm seeing that the Sega Atlus leaker got found out on who they were and who people thought was an asian girl turned out to be a white guy

Crazy how this shit is still happening in the year of our lord 2024. 😂

Arrowhead is looking for a 2nd DM to aid Joel in his Tyr#&$;=>/]($ Democratic values

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/third-person-shooter/as-helldivers-2-makes-players-choose-between-saving-children-and-a-new-stratagem-arrowhead-looks-to-give-alive-and-scheming-gm-joel-an-equally-nefarious-partner/

Helldivers 2 had been patched...few nerfs a lot of buffs and some missions removed to go with other changes

On 6/13/2024 at 11:52 AM, AriesWarlock said:

These clowns are the first people to cry about harrassment and threats, yet they are always contacts peoples jobs and relatives. The lack of self awareness is galling.  Of course, they are rarely ever held accountable so they keep doing this shit. Kotaku's already pathetic engagement and views are tanking. Yet their EIC is crying about harassment, while harassing people, and challenging them to physical fights. Make it make sense.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

A loving tribute to F-Zero and WipEout, Redout 2 is a blisteringly fast racer that aims to appeal to hardcore fans and newcomers.

37 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

These clowns are the first people to cry about harrassments and threats, yet they are always contacts peoples jobs and relatives. The lack of sack awareness is galling.  Of course, they are rarely ever held accountable so they keep doing this shit. Kotaku's already pathetic engagment and views are tanking. Yet their EIC is crying about harrassment, while harrassing people, and challenging them to physical fights. Make it make sense.

Regarding, the fight, Alyssa wussed out

GP7-rdxWcAASvJv?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by AriesWarlock

vids

Spoiler

^ I was curious about this video.  Like..Slipknot?  What do they have to do with SMT?  Short answer is nothing.  They didn't help make any designs or anything, it's just a video talking about masks and some masks that were made based on SMT characters.

Life is Strange; Double Exposure - Hannah Telle Interview

Destiny 2: The Final Shape - Ergo Sum Special Ammo Sword Highlight

Life is Strange: Double Exposure - Directors Interview

World of Warcraft: The War Within - Xbox Games Showcase Deep Dive

Disney Speedstorm - Journey of Emotions Season 8 Trailer

Honkai: Star Rail - Version 2.3 Preview: Farewell, Penacony

Marvel Rivals - Peni Parker Character Reveal

extra

man, if only Bleach could get a game with that level of hype and detail like Sparking Zero....ohhhh you know I would be there for it day 1 on whatever "Legendary Edition" they had.  Sadly, I realize there is little to no hope of that, even in spite of the resurgence in popularity with the "Thousand Year Blood War" story-arc finally being animated.

...but yeah, Sparking is shaping up to be the absolute ultimate Dragonball game, easily.