Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Been looking at previews the full previews of Sparking Zero that people got a chance to play and god damn man this game is pretty as fuck.  It looks like they took the the way how the 2D animation Broly movie looks and has and successfully translated it completely to the 3D animation and effects the game has.  The auras that the character have flaring around them often flame wildly around the characters or have some some characters have some whispy flair about them  at the start like Vegeta's.  I really wish that all the beams in this game were not skinny as shit regardless of what character or form they're throwing them cause that's the only disappointing thing I see in this game currently.  Other than that the presentation is fucking immaculate.  Game is firing on all cylinders artistically.

previews

Spoiler

Spoiler

GQAJD9QbEAQrVZz?format=jpg&name=large

The number of costumes in RePOP has been significantly increased to 30! Moreover, all of the original costumes are included, except for the copyrighted ones!! The new costumes include Japanese-style outfits such as samurai, ninja, and kimono dresses!!!

Edited by AriesWarlock

I just like the meme lines from the original dub. 

Playing a game I am not really listening to voice acting after the first or second time I have seen a cinematic.  So I honestly just wish they could give you the options of either. Like my Giant Robo DVDs where it has the new dub and the old dub.

Those new lines in Symphony of the Night are actually from the PSP port of Symphony from the Dracula X Collection. 

The PS4/5 ports of Symphony and Rondo are pulled from the PSP version. 

I personally like both tracks, the bad dub from 97 is so much fun, but the new dub has nice gravitas to it. I agree with Wellman that Konami should be offering both tracks in the options menu. 

Edited by RSG3

man, when you need a quick hit of gaming "Power fantasy", there's nothing quite like some Diablo fun.  I've been at it once again with D3 in the past couple of days... always amused by those insane damage numbers (hitting a monster for 200+ trillion!!)... along with crazy defense numbers ----walking around with 1.2 billion defense points....ha, and my friend would always think I was being too much of a glass cannon; yeah that's how I like to roll usually but my characters in D3 were so ridiculous it hardly mattered; my defense was insane as well. (haha one time I just told him "actuallyyyyy my defense is ridiculous too!"  🤣) I'm walking around in constant super saiyajin GOD-MODE whether it was as a necromancer or wizard... and later I had some strong crusader  and witch doctor characters as well.  Just this morning and yesterday I was doing some runs of Greater Rift 115...funny how that is now just a "casual" little GR run; the power creep in that game has been absurd over the years.  I remember a time when I was just barely getting past GR55 or so.

...I found a primal ancient recently as well; they are so rare and it's been a while since I last played....I had forgotten about those being in the game.  Since regular "legendary" items drop like candy from a pinata in this game... those primals being super rare get things back to that sense of "rare find"/"ooh what's that?!?" loot hype again.  In all these years of them existing...and hundreds of hours playtime since their implementation.... I've only ever seen primal ancient items pop up a handful of times.

...I really wish D4 was playable offline like console D3 is (**I'd argue they should at least make the non-seasonal stuff all playable offline).... because otherwise I had some fun while I played it (necromancer is still awesome in part 4 so that was my main pick again)...and the upcoming expansion will probably hook me again, at the very least to see what will happen in the main story.  

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

There are....a range of emotions I'm feeling while watching this video.  More confusion, depression...but I think I'm mostly feeling anger lol.  You would think that something like this should not work or garner the attention it does but it's super frustrating that it is.  The moment this video mentioned that the "game" has microtransactions....Tired Jet Lag GIF by CBC

Not surprised, considering that many of the buildings on the trailer are actually chinese, lol.
Is a farcry on how the og Asscreed was used to rebuild Notre Dame because they actually hired history experts, and not "history" experts like with this game, lol.

At this point, I am sure that their "historian" presented herself as a fujoshi and the ubisoft team thought it was a big japanese title without knowing/realising that it means she is a hardcore yaoi/BL fan.

Ubisoft: Fujoshi... so is that about japanese sword fighting?
Her: Yeah, swordfighting, yeah, you can say it like that.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Surprisingly preorders for Ass Creed were #1 in Asia IIRC from the reports I was seeing.  There were a few people that did express some malcontent but most of the commentd about the game were positive which if we're going by the preorder numbers...tracks.  There a very loud terminally online crowd that seem to be doing their best to make the actual discontent seem more than it really is.

After watching the gameplay its probably the first time in awhile that I'm actually interested in an Ass Creed.  The voice acting sounds wooden at times more so from Naoe though but thats the only issue I have with what I've seen thus far.

Edit: 

I don't doubt that it isn't now but the "discourse" surrounding the game may not have an impact on sales.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't doubt that it isn't now but the "discourse" surrounding the game may not have an impact on sales.

Because it doesn’t exist outside of Twitter. 😂 No one actually fucking cares or they think Yusuke getting his shine on is bad ass. 

IMG_0774.jpeg

Edited by iStu X

Experienced this shit last night unexpectedly with Automatons and it is some BS.  Took out the gunship factory on the maps and we thought we were safe...the whole extraction went to shit.  THEN these assholes showed up in defense mission and holy hell....it truly makes everything like 5 times harder.

Edit

Edit 2

Edited by Sonichuman
On 6/14/2024 at 4:54 PM, RSG3 said:

Those new lines in Symphony of the Night are actually from the PSP port of Symphony from the Dracula X Collection. 

The PS4/5 ports of Symphony and Rondo are pulled from the PSP version. 

I personally like both tracks, the bad dub from 97 is so much fun, but the new dub has nice gravitas to it. I agree with Wellman that Konami should be offering both tracks in the options menu. 

I don't really understand the people who are like "original dub or NOTHING!" Neither of them is worth that kind of energy imo, although I actually think Yuri Lowenthal sounds more like what I would imagine Alucard sounding like. I like Robert Belgrade but his performance was so deadpan.

PedoRichter from the original was pretty funny though and I like him better than the new dub.

Edited by DoctaMario