Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

@Sonichuman

Ya boi is doubling down...and while I'm a nobody on The X/Twitter, I choose to speak up. 

I saw that same post in my feed earlier pretty much saying the same thing you were saying before you posted your own experiences in here.  I also saw that Grummz decided he was going to double down AFTER he saw dude worked at Disney and confirmed that he worked there.  So I'm curious if he'll actually triple down on this, actually take accountability and take the L, or just move on from the topic and work on whatever new grift.

....Actually I just checked his account out of curiosity.  By the time we even get to that post above he's actually roughly at the quadruple down lol.   So the chance of him going for the quintuple is pretty high.

8 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Jesus. MK1 has 640 entrants? If I was over there I'd enter in myself. That's crazy.

Is not surprising.

Despite its high number sales, NRS games always have lower entrants than games that sell even less than a tenth of what they sell.

They have the lowest staying power.

Then add that MK1 has been a controversial entry, gameplaywise.

MGS has met its match

About

Modern retro stealth action.

Experience PlayStation generation, low-polygon, 3D stealth action updated with modern effects such as lighting and shadows, randomly generated levels, modern equipment, and head-to-head local multiplayer.

Story

An eco-terrorist organization is threatening to plunge the world into digital darkness, wiping out all digital records and sending the world back to the stone age. As a member of the counter terrorist Spy Drops team you are tasked with neutralizing the threat, but soon begin to question the mission objectives and uncover a deeper conspiracy.

Covert Black Ops

Dropped behind enemy lines, your covert ops are to infiltrate infrastructure and undertake secret ops that includes gathering intel, installing spy devices and rescuing prisoners.

Randomized Missions

Mission layouts are randomly generated producing a tense gameplay experience as you never know what is around the next corner. Everyone’s game will be different.

Tackle the Mission Your Way

Explore enemy bases room-by-room, choosing how to tackle each one. You can dodge, hack or shot cameras, knock out or kill guards, stick to the mission objective or explore further. Scout the area first with a drone, hide in lockers, or even use sponge boots to move around quieter. Stealth is always rewarded and you will earn more experience for not killing and remaining undetected.

You select what equipment to take on each mission, choosing from a range of items and weapons such as drones, hacking devices, night vision googles, sniper rifles, taser guns, mine detectors and many more. New equipment is researched and added as the game progresses.

Dream Catcher

Accumulate Target Points by extracting intel from unconscious guards using the Dream Catcher. You cannot extract any intel from dead bodies so always avoid killing when possible.

Level Up

Gain experience to level up your stats including health, stamina, aiming accuracy and luck.

Spy Against Spy

Go up against a friend in local head-to-head multiplayer!

Key Features

• Nostalgic, low-polygon, 3D stealth action.
  • Randomized mission layouts, enemies and items.
  • Modern effects including real time lighting and shadows, changing times of day and varying weather conditions.
  • Choose what equipment to take and how to tackle each mission.
  • Tense stealth action with enemies that can see your shadow and hear your footsteps.
  • Original character designs by acclaimed Japanese studio ArtePiazza.
  • An intriguing story of cyber terrorism set in modern-day, exploring the challenges of the world adapting to new resources and technologies including AI.
  • Go up against a friend in local head-to-head multiplayer with spy against spy!
  • Three distinctively different environments: Military base, jungle and desert, each with different areas, obstacles and challenges.
  • Elaborate boss fights!

7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Is not surprising.

Despite its high number sales, NRS games always have lower entrants than games that sell even less than a tenth of what they sell.

They have the lowest staying power.

Then add that MK1 has been a controversial entry, gameplaywise.

outside of Pro Tour/Kombat Kup or whatever it’s called the MK/NRS community doesn’t really care about in-person tournaments because they don’t need to. Netherrealm does multiple of their own online tournament circuits throughout the year that pretty much have guaranteed payouts regardless of entrants. Plus there will be online events not by NRS that have really good pay outs for minimal investments. 

Why pay for travel, lodging and other expenses when the pot for first place doesn’t even cover lodging? Makes no sense. NRS barely cares about EVO for the same reason. They don’t really need to. 

Not to mention from what I’ve read the NRS community is treated unusually poorly at big events. Tons of people have complained about lack of communication between the event runners and players or pool judges, etc. 

Lost Odyssey is a legit very good piece of work and could use the bump that comes from being exposed to a new audience.

I hate to say it like this but hopefully the decision is not solely in his hands. I think Falcom was like this with bring their games multiplatform until they saw the money that was available when the localization partner in the West paid for a few Switch ports.

Edited by Wellman

Streets of Rage 4....

I am just now realizing since I never played that character "Skate" back in the day on part 2.... Skate has that jumping "corkscrew" dive kick just like classic sf2 Dhalsim!  I like the character a little more now because that move is cool...unfortunately it's a risk to spam it too much though since it's one of those specials that takes your health (*though in SOR4 it that kind of health drain leaves a green portion of health that can be recovered when you hit enemies again without them hitting you) .

lately I've been playing Survival with all characters to eventually unlock all the extra moves...I have it all for the SO4 and SOR1 characters so now I'm up to the SOR2 characters.

I treated myself for my birthday. (In M. Bison voice *it was Tuesday*)  Got the following:

8BitDo Ultimate C 2.4G Wireless Controller

Gravity Circuit (physical version)

Zero Fire: Toaplan Arcade Garage

FF Pixel Remaster FINAL FANTAS?Y I-VI Collection

I've had my eyes on Zero Fire and Pixel Remaster Collection for a good while. I did not wanna pay $80 for Zero Fire or $120 for Pixel Remaster Collection on Amazon. Figured, they would go on sale eventually, and I lucked out. Zero Fire was $48 and Pixel Remaster Collection stayed at $89. YOINK!

I did not think I would get the Genesis/Mega Drive versions of Hell Fire and Zero Wing along with the arcade versions. Oh and the PC Engine versions?

Seth Meyers First Pump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Zero Fire also came with some bonus game and I have no idea of the title because it is in complete Japanese but like Hell Fire and Zero Wing, it has the arcade, Genesis/Mega Drive and PCE versions of the game. I am EATING with this SHMUP Collection.

On 7/3/2024 at 12:17 PM, iStu X said:

outside of Pro Tour/Kombat Kup or whatever it’s called the MK/NRS community doesn’t really care about in-person tournaments because they don’t need to. Netherrealm does multiple of their own online tournament circuits throughout the year that pretty much have guaranteed payouts regardless of entrants. Plus there will be online events not by NRS that have really good pay outs for minimal investments. 

Why pay for travel, lodging and other expenses when the pot for first place doesn’t even cover lodging? Makes no sense. NRS barely cares about EVO for the same reason. They don’t really need to. 

Not to mention from what I’ve read the NRS community is treated unusually poorly at big events. Tons of people have complained about lack of communication between the event runners and players or pool judges, etc. 

The gen. pop fgc people on Reddit are absolute cunts toward nrs players and games, and they're surprised the people who play those games don't want to go to major and rub elbows with them. I've gotten a bunch of "lol discord fighter" for being a SamSho player but it's nothing compared to the disrespect MK players get.

3 hours ago, Lantis said:

I wonder if they will keep the retro games library on Switch 2?

Iirc during a shareholders meeting where they briefly talked about the Switch 2 Furikawa said everything from the Switch will be available/backwards compatible when the successor comes out. He specifically mentioned eShop purchases and Nintendo accounts. Since NSO is directly tied to Nintendo accounts I’m inclined to think NSO will keep getting updates for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by iStu X

V-Rising... it took a while to pick a good candidate as my first "vampire servant" to turn...first you build a servant coffin in a room of your castle and then you can do it; you also get a "dominate human" power unlocked at about the same time.......I found a rogue archer with 24% quality blood and figured that one will be good enough to be the first victim.  Their "process" of turning takes a bit of time though; 40 minutes apparently...so he's in the servant coffin now, in process.  This was on the pc version just now; there I'm at gear-level 34 at this point with a fairly decent castle now.  Oh yeah, once that servant is fully turned that will unlock a throne I can craft.  I'll be able to command this new one to go on missions for me.....of course I'll definitely acquire more people to turn very soon.  

So far I'm at 20.5 hours apparently; I was thinking I had played longer than that (I don't think it counts the "offline" time though on Steam so there's probably some missing hours there)