Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

SF3 has the worst roster of any game in the series which is a big reason it flopped lol. SF6 roster is way better just by virtue of having vets ppl actually like. 

yeah no kid was caring about NG's roster that time, they just go play Alpha, SFEX1 or Xmen Vs SF. 

NG? how about FPS or animation, lol kid back then don't know better and it better playing wolverine with Ryu doing Kamehameha haha

I'm lukewarm on the SF6 roster.  On the one hand the new characters seem awesome, which is great and kind of its savings grace. However.....having 0 Alpha and 3rd Strike characters for not only the launch roster but for the entire first season of DLC stinks.  Especially when we're only getting 4 characters for an entire year.  I don't want to have to wait 3-4 years down the road just to play my favourite characters.   

3 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm lukewarm on the SF6 roster.  On the one hand the new characters seem awesome, which is great and kind of its savings grace. However.....having 0 Alpha and 3rd Strike characters for not only the launch roster but for the entire first season of DLC stinks.  Especially when we're only getting 4 characters for an entire year.  I don't want to have to wait 3-4 years down the road just to play my favourite characters.   

My main gripe is the Season 1 DLC being so ass. I have no issue with the launch roster and I understand their choices there more or less.

Really hoping they correct course with S2.

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Nah you don't get it, Ed is crazy popular, he just had to be in s1 DLC 

I think in Capcom eyes Season Pass 1 will be mostly carried by Akuma wich sadly is their biggest cashcow 

In SFV they dropped Akuma on the most risky/easy to hate season, S2 where beside Akuma everybody else was total new char, eating 5 slots from missing vets with bitching fanbase 

AKI probably will be a good seller too, expect them try to replicate edgy-mean-bitch  Juri kind of crazy success. 

I doubt they will, but guess she can still get very good feedback like Menat (or at least good like Kolin) rather than flop like Falke lol  

Btw i'm happy DLC does'nt get treated totally like a dumb popularity contest, otherwise SF would get hell of shitcast 

Tbh of S1 Rashid and Ed are probably the ones i'm most interested to get lol 

Rashid is cool char, only arabian/middle-eastern rep, and will likely get fun shit moveset with SF6 redesign

Ed is closest thing to a boxing rep SF6 offer at the moment

6 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I think in Capcom eyes Season Pass 1 will be mostly carried by Akuma wich sadly is their biggest cashcow 

In SFV they dropped Akuma on the most risky/easy to hate season, S2 where beside Akuma everybody else was total new char, eating 5 slots from missing vets with bitching fanbase 

The fact that they used the Akuma card this early means that they will be more careful/risk-averse with future DLC.

Besides Evil Ryu/Kage, they have Bison and an army of lolis/fan service females that include powerhouses like Sakura, Mika, Karin, and Ibuki to headline seasons.

The other Shada Kings, and maybe Alex are a tier at least beneath all of these in popularity/carry potential. Everyone else doesn't really exist and needs to be twice as good to catch mainstream attention.

17 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The fact that they used the Akuma card this early means that they will be more careful/risk-averse with future DLC.

Besides Evil Ryu/Kage, they have Bison and an army of lolis/fan service females that include powerhouses like Sakura, Mika, Karin, and Ibuki to headline seasons.

The other Shada Kings, and maybe Alex are a tier at least beneath all of these in popularity/carry potential. Everyone else doesn't really exist and needs to be twice as good to catch mainstream attention.

To me mean they invested LOT of money in SF6 and want to see it return quickly in form of launch+S1, both to call it a success and to feed next seasons development 

Btw i don't think Bison is necessary big as cashcow as is in your heart... as much it cost me say it, i think in terms of cashcows Sakura and some form of edgy dark shoto bullshit (evilryu? kage? or some other edgy crap, maybe "violent ken" lmao) all are the straight kind of retard products that translate easier into big sales after Akuma 

SF fanbase as a whole just have bad taste lol

Bison would still do good sales though, like bunch of other popular characters

Edited by CESTUS III
1 minute ago, CESTUS III said:

To me mean they invested LOT of money in SF6 and want to see it return quickly in form of launch+S1, both to call it a success and to feed next seasons development 

Btw i don't think Bison is necessary big as cashcow as is in your heart... as much it cost me say it, i think in terms of cashcows Sakura and some form of edgy dark shoto bullshit (evilryu? kage? or some other edgy crap, maybe "violent ken" lmao) all are the straight kind of retard products that translate easier into big sales after Akuma 

SF fanbase as a whole just have nad taste lol

Bison would still do good sales though, like bunch of other popular characters

Bison is the only male character that is not a shoto (or Zangief) that appears all kinds of media repping SF and games outside of the main series. He's pretty much always in the top 10 most played characters whether in SF4 or SF5. And if there is SF merchandise you are almost guaranteed to find him there.

He has the SF2 appeal but he also has the sheer number of players/followers to back him up unlike say Blanka.

They make controllers with Shadaloo's emblem on them. Sneakers in his color palettes. Socks with his face. You can't deny this kind of value. Which other male SF character right now who is NOT in the game has that kind of reputation?

Dudley? Gill? Russo? Please. Unless you are an underage looking girl that lifts her skirt up or edgelord Ryu, you can't compare to his powers.

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

One of the local guys got a street broken copy of the game and is streaming it.

👀

image.thumb.png.3cfef4f5626d1f8ac19a96ba75f71d6b.png

Supposedly this is the demo? don't think I've touched it. Is that what it looks like?

Is it time already? I'm totally expecting someone to stream all the modes and arcade endings before release.

7 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Bison is the only male character that is not a shoto (or Zangief) that appears all kinds of media repping SF and games outside of the main series. He's pretty much always in the top 10 most played characters whether in SF4 or SF5.

As much as I love Bison and wish him to return, these images reflect the zeitgeist more accurately. 

17br-cammy-guile-newsimage-bundle-1920x1

Guile Stage Type A - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - YouTube

Edited by JustBooming
5 minutes ago, Daemos said:

We were on a movie poster!

Hahaha, true. In 2012!

maxresdefault.jpg

Guile was on a watch! I don't think either example will convince either of us. You know I want Bison back, but Seiko watches or 2012 animated movies can't really represent the Zeitgeist tooo accurately 😄

Edited by JustBooming

Still doesn’t contradict what I said. In my post, I was referring to characters who are not in the game yet. In that pool, I don’t think there male characters who can rival Bison in terms of marketability and popularity besides Evil Ryu.

Guile and Gief are the other two most popular non-shotos in the series and they are in the game already.

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Still doesn’t contradict what I said. In my post, I was referring to characters who are not in the game yet. In that pool, I don’t think there male characters who can rival Bison in terms of marketability and popularity besides Evil Ryu.

Guile and Gief are the other two most popular non-shotos in the series and they are in the game already.

Hahaha, I missed the part about "NOT in the game" 😄

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Bison is the only male character that is not a shoto (or Zangief) that appears all kinds of media repping SF and games outside of the main series. He's pretty much always in the top 10 most played characters whether in SF4 or SF5. And if there is SF merchandise you are almost guaranteed to find him there.

He has the SF2 appeal but he also has the sheer number of players/followers to back him up unlike say Blanka.

They make controllers with Shadaloo's emblem on them. Sneakers in his color palettes. Socks with his face. You can't deny this kind of value. Which other male SF character right now who is NOT in the game has that kind of reputation?

Dudley? Gill? Russo? Please. Unless you are an underage looking girl that lifts her skirt up or edgelord Ryu, you can't compare to his powers.

Don't need to get triggered or over protective, you're simply missing the point 😆

Bison iconic value was'nt debated, but his simple sheer power as retard OP marketing card to drop

An Evilryu bullshit hold basically little weight if we speak in terms of being iconic, have deep impact in SF imagery or making cameos on different non-fg stuff (only i remember was SF4evilryu doing his bullshit in Asura's Wrath lol), yet you know when capcom does that cheap Ryu-recycle, big chunk of SF fanbase get hyped af

We both recognized that a Sakura or edgelord shoto crap (evilryu/kage/violentken/devildan) are the kind of retard cashcow we speak about, iconic legacy in the series is a different thing

I said Bison would sell very well (Sagat would sell very well too, to name one) and add lot weight to the season he's in, but does'nt have the same retard selling ability to some other characters, simple as that

Capcom's characters popularity poll seems to contradict the idea everyone is obsessed over Bison

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/vote?lang=en

Now of course results are bit a farce, as we both know LOT of these votes were people trying to push missing chars as DLC, but still seems to deny the existence of this extreme fanatism toward Bison in the fanbase you seem to imagine

5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

25_jur01.jpg

25_jur02.jpg

25_jur03.jpg

25_jur04.jpg

Costume looks great. My worry is that if this is her alternate, then her SFIV costume is gonna be DLC? 🤔

Expected

At least they removed the -possible- censorship on boobs, returning  to the original SFV concept

Spoiler

HOW-TO-MAKE-CAPCOM-FIGHTING-CHARACTERS

Btw personally i would LOVE Juri getting original SF4 design (they never beaten that), but i doubt they will pick that route as SF6 default resembling it a lot already would make it redundant

I hope i will get at least a "SF4 color"  for the default one, better than nothing lol

46 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Capcom's characters popularity poll seems to contradict the idea everyone is obsessed over Bison

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/vote?lang=en

Any character poll result that doesn't have Ryu at number 1 is irrelevant. What people "like" and what people will recognize, play and pay for are  different things.

Q and Makoto over Akuma? Get real. How about looking into tournament representation numbers of Bison in SF4 and SF5. How about looking into character usage data over those game's lifespans. A lot of people actually play Bison. It's not just the fact that anyone with a modicum of interest in video games culture will recognize him.

You're also misconstruing what I said. There are a lot of popular and marketable characters in SF. My point was about the characters that are not yet in the game.

Instead of trying to argue with me on Bison's popularity, why don't you offer counter-arguments for DLC. Which male characters that are not Evil Ryu or in the game yet are in the same league as Bison in terms of marketability and popularity?

There are none.

You can make a case for Cody because he was the face of another less popular franchise. Sagat is another contender but also not quite the same. Don't even bother mentioning anyone from SF3.

a thing I helped birth into the world

spacer.png

someone came to me and said if I could design a hitbox what would I do, and this is it.

Half ergonomics, half CHEATING FOR ADVANTAGE.

two big buttons are up, cause I cant stand the normal hitbox up layout, its uncomfortable to me, this way both hands can use up while being comfy placed.

little buttons on top are so L2/R2 are in reach without having to shift whole hand over, so in the case of SF6 specifically, easier/faster DI's than having to move your hand over.

Art is custom made for the controller, I didn't even know they were gonna do that its actually sick.

27 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

two big buttons are up, cause I cant stand the normal hitbox up layout, its uncomfortable to me, this way both hands can use up while being comfy placed.

little buttons on top are so L2/R2 are in reach without having to shift whole hand over, so in the case of SF6 specifically, easier/faster DI's than having to move your hand over.

1) having two buttons on the same direction is cheating.

2) I wanna do something similar but with R3/L3. Unfortunately I don't have any place to order custom faceplates for TEs. Which is massive sad face.

15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

1) having two buttons on the same direction is cheating.

2) I wanna do something similar but with R3/L3. Unfortunately I don't have any place to order custom faceplates for TEs. Which is massive sad face.

its linked to the same button, not separate instances, and its so I don't hurt my hands like on a normal hitbox layout. I use rightside jump 95% of the time anyways, I just like having the option.

Its also cheating explicitly allowed at the CPT despite the rules, because I have already seen more than 1 ergobox at a CPT event.

23 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Instead of trying to argue with me on Bison's popularity, why don't you offer counter-arguments for DLC. Which male characters that are not Evil Ryu or in the game yet are in the same league as Bison in terms of marketability and popularity?

There are none.

You can make a case for Cody because he was the face of another less popular franchise. Sagat is another contender but also not quite the same. Don't even bother mentioning anyone from SF3.

Indeed would make name of Sagat, Cody would be good pick too even if would fall bit behind

Male from SF3 most popular would probably be Alex, would consider him somewhere around Cody in terms of impact (maybe bit less)

Reality is would not bother much wich between Bison, Sagat or Cody get slighty edge on people getting hyped, point is them being very popular and able to add $$$ weight to the season they will be in

But sadly none seems to have same retard hype effect, wich made you specify the pick should be no waifu no edgecrap shoto lol

And i say "sadly" because of course any between Bison, Sagat or Cody would be better addition than Sakura, shitty Evilryu or Akuma himself... and yet here we are S1 Akuma (and i will not be surprised S2 Sakura becoming 4th derivative shoto in still small cast) lol

Not sure why you seem to agree and disagree with me at same time lmao

One side you claim Bison is some kind of ultimate marketing move, next line you admit in world of retard marketing there are bunch of akumas sakuras edgyshotos waifus that have indeed edge over Bison

YES, Bison is one of the most relevant characters left out and one of the ones in the category you mentioned that would indeed add lot money weight to a season (will not be surprised at all to see him in S2, maybe in combo with cashcow Sakura), i'm just saying you overstimate how much fanatism the fanbase as a whole have for him lol

To begin with, even here where we are all fans you seem to be the only so endless outraged Bison did'nt made it in Vanilla/S1 as if SF will not be complete till they "fix" it

I mean, i am same shit to some extent

SF6 will not feel complete to me till i see a fucking Muay Thai rep and pure Boxing rep, but i recognize rest of people don't give much fucks about that lol 🤣

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

One side you claim Bison is some kind of ultimate marketing move,

Where did I say that? Sure Bison has a fan/playerbase and appears in all sorts of media. But he's not a shoto and he doesn't have tits. Unless we counting Cammy.

I just said that from next season onwards, there is a very short list of male headliners that are not Evil Ryu and that Bison is likely on top of that list. I also said that other less known characters will have to be twice as good to gain traction/attention in SF6 from casual audiences compared to legacy characters from SF2.

And yes SF6 will never be complete FOR ME without my favorite characters. That's just how I feel. And I'm not @EvilCanadian, I don't accept substitutes or fucking monkeys in his place.

Edited by Daemos
32 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

its linked to the same button, not separate instances, and its so I don't hurt my hands like on a normal hitbox layout. I use rightside jump 95% of the time anyways, I just like having the option.

Its also cheating explicitly allowed at the CPT despite the rules, because I have already seen more than 1 ergobox at a CPT event.

You're in Ontario right? How did you go about finding a hitbox that isn't insanely priced?

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

You're in Ontario right? How did you go about finding a hitbox that isn't insanely priced?

this one was custom made and part of a larger ongoing deal

but hitboxes are just gonna be pricey. Like the best base model style leverless to me is the Furin, and by a mile, but that guy is in great britain and it aint gonna be cheap.

Its pricey trying to save your fingers and wrist going into old age 😞