Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

7 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Shoto related  

Fetish

Edgy

Legacy character

it's inivietable and I feel it's gonna be Ken's turn this time but not SNH/Satsu No Hadou related like Ryu but a different negative energy/ki . Ryu isnt the protagonist in SF6. 

For some reason, Akuma should be enough but others always hype for edge lord protagonist that it became a FG staple archetype already.

As for Sakura it seems they are retiring her or gently moving her away from Ryu, while pushing Ryu and Chunli as a new marketing stunt. kinda obvious and hinted in new marketing promotional deals and Sf6 winquote.

To be honest both Ryu and Chunli needs to stay single instead of being a couple or married. As soon they married a reboot and remake would happen sooner

Edited by Shakunetsu

That's actually hilarious how they went and un-censored Juri's SF5 outfit. The end result in 5 didn't look bad per se, but it was the result of some really wonky back and forth behind the scenes that thankfully feels completely absent from this game. Which is ironic actually if you believe the reports that it got completely rebooted internally at one point.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Technically this new version is a mix between the two designs anyway because the original also would have had her inner thights bare, which arguably looked pretty dumb.

It wasn't arguably dumb. It was dumb. She's gotta motorcycle suit on with thigh cut outs that would align with hottest part of the bike. The SF6 version is what the SFV version should have been.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I know I’m in the minority but I actually like the latex censor lol. I didn’t like the reason for it existing but I thought it looked ok, and I liked it as one more thing that could change color on the costume. 

Not sure how to put it but sometimes just showing more skin gets boring.

Tbh on one side i liked it because on the legs make more sense and in terms of color scheme composition black on the thighs linked well with black of her hair

Costumes | JURI | Character Data | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.

But did'nt liked the upper because more fair skin on dark outft help break the line/composition making everything bit less flat and uniform*

Essentially if SF6 truly freed the boobs but keept black cover on inner thighs (need to rewatch the clip), they did best combination lol 👍

*Actually in the past we had C.Viper alt having similar chara design "problem", but Viper could make it work because she had bright red giant ass haircut/braid catching the eye

Spoiler

Crimson Viper (Street Fighter) - Art Gallery - Page 2

Plus was an alt, default design is the one with the duty to define the official look of the character

Actually, default C.Viper having free boobs window, some skin and white vest, -beside eyecandy- had similar function of break the line of generic black suit, to what could have done free boobs on SFV Juri lol

@SoneroI'd be stunned if SF6 doesn't sell well. The lead up to the game has been near perfect from a marketing stand point. The only bad things I can think of is the super brief initial teaser and the leak spoiling some info. Matsumoto and Nakayama have done a great job. They clearly care about the Street Fighter. That was readily apparent when they took over SFV near the end is even more the case now. Capcom gave two passionate developers near free reign to develop a big budget Street Fighter game and it shows. World Tour is practically a game in and of itself. One that, from what I've seen, teaches people how to play SF. I never thought I'd see the day when Capcom would put out a SF game that nails it for both the casual and hardcore audience. Even the Potato Station 4 Amateur and Potato Station 4 Professional versions have a rock a solid 60fps* experience  with surprisingly good, for PS4, load times.

*F's in the chat for the last gen World Tour Mode's 30fps

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its almost impossible to have an FG character wear that and not make them look hard as fuck.

No the fuck it doesn’t it screams “I don’t have an idea for a real outfit”. I see people in suits literally every day that shit is not interesting in a video game. 

The only Street Fighter character I want to see in a suit is that Blanka one from (I think) Fornite. 

I meant the Ryu outfit. Wrote suit on accident. If you don't think that outfit doesn't look hard AF every time, Im about to start pulling receipts starting with the classic:

453835b44ec2fe7710e2c0e26302bea1.jpg

No the fuck it doesn’t it screams “I don’t have an idea for a real outfit”. I see people in suits literally every day that shit is not interesting in a video game. 

slayer-acc.jpg

Rugal-Bernstein-King-of-Fighters-b-big.j

21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

slayer-acc.jpg

Rugal-Bernstein-King-of-Fighters-b-big.j

Idk who the bottom guy is but if you know anything about me you know me you could guess that there is not a single thing I find interesting about Slayer aesthetically. I don’t dislike him but there are characters in GG that look 10x more interesting than him.

You're never gonna convince me that Slayer is in the same league as designs like Zato, Nago, or Ramlethal.

Edit: I also vastly prefer stripes and cuffs Cody to his mayor look which is not memorable in any way. I don’t like JP either lol.

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Unless I completely missed it they haven't specified how costumes are unlocked and how they are tied into DLC, have they? My guess is this means you have to buy pretty much all of them and the currencies you earn through challenges (and presumably in WT) are only for Avatar accessories. Would love to be proven wrong though.

According to this article https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2023/may/24/sf6-fighter-coins-dlc-chipotle/ there's Fighter Coins in game that can be exchanged for costumes and characters.  I have no idea how they're earned besides this chipotle promotion though.

Edited by HeavensCloud
5 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Idk who the bottom guy is

@misterBeerequesting you perma ban this trifling ass nigga immediately. This is like some cosplay chick coming into a male space and saying her favorite SF character is Lui Kang.  

BRO HE LITERALLY INVENTED NASH'S MOVE SET ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?

YEAH YOU HAVE TO GO LMAO

Edited by TWINBLADES