Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

I think she looks excellent in 3D, certain elements like the hair came out very convincingly, particularly when it makes her look through the small gap with only one eye from certain angles. That part is really well executed IMO.

What I don't like is that they just copy-pasted Juri's personality for her. That's extremely lame and there are more ways to portray female villains than with this overused "unhinged" thing that's so popular in anime. I was hoping for something more subtle and silently threatening.

Oh well, hopefully the gameplay looks cool. 

21 minutes ago, delete_me said:

think she looks excellent in 3D, certain elements like the hair came out very convincingly, particularly when it makes her look through the small gap with only one eye from certain angles. That part is really well executed IMO

She looks like a Chinese alien - weird body proportions, narrow face, lack of eyebrows, strangely colored eyelashes, creepy mouth. She's just FANG with tits + Juri psychotic characterization. Was hoping for more in that regard but hopefully at least her gameplay is cool 

And because she's a waifu you know Capcom will print all print all kinds of fetish costumes 

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

I think she looks excellent in 3D, certain elements like the hair came out very convincingly, particularly when it makes her look through the small gap with only one eye from certain angles. That part is really well executed IMO.

What I don't like is that they just copy-pasted Juri's personality for her. That's extremely lame and there are more ways to portray female villains than with this overused "unhinged" thing that's so popular in anime. I was hoping for something more subtle and silently threatening.

Oh well, hopefully the gameplay looks cool. 

Sadism is something that's shared among most of the series villains. That's not exclusive to Juri. If her dialogue is peppered with sexual innuendo there will be a case for it. I'm hoping she can do theatrics that come off as intimidating rather than goofy.

Yeah, but you don't see Balrog going off in a high-pitched laugh after punching someone.

We haven't seen much of AKI, arguably, but if a modder had replaced her character model with Juri's in this clip I would never have questioned the legitimacy. I would have wondered about the poison but that's about it. I hope the way she's portrayed ingame and during her Supers makes her come across more distinct.

AKI surprised me pleasantly

I love they did'nt gave her just hot anime girl with white hair, but pushed her aesthetic into albino look with eyebrows and eyelashes... make clear how the FANG poison training put huge stress on her body (getting The Witcher vibes lol), plus that psycho smiling face at 0:41 lol

It's nice design detail that while surely she got lot of that poison during her training, she still did'nt had to go through same shit FANG did... her hands did'nt got "mutated", and seems rather than be able to produce poison with her body these little chains on her forearms are soak in it and send it to her artificial claws (wonder if this mean unlike Fang her poison may not be infinite?)... guess either FANG did'nt want to ruin her hands look (he have to conceal his own hands with sleeves) or he invented these metal "gloves" to compensate the fact she did'nt got same amount of years he got to train the poison hand (let alone she may not survive it, survival rate was said to be very tiny)

I like also her facial features feeling very chinese, and also her ultra slender builtwith long neck and fluid movements (combined with reptile scales dress) giving her a snake look

Could care less about her because  would have needed that slot for 99 other things, but i have to admit she's very very well done for what it is

Only super small thing that bother me about her is they could have done it without histerical bitch laugh, we got Juri to cover that, would have much prefered her to be just a whispering psychopathic... the part when she explain how poison is going to fuck you up was nice

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of drive reversal at EVO? I didn’t watch every match over the weekend stream but i can count on one hand the amount of drive reversals I saw. People don’t use it even when there is 0 risk. 

Edited by Vhozite
19 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of drive reversal at EVO? I didn’t watch every match over the weekend stream but i can count on one hand the amount of drive reversals I saw. People don’t use it even when there is 0 risk. 

The amount of drive impact’s eaten makes me feel better about my reactions. With a million on the line it seems like such a liability when playing people of this skill level

38 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Only player I recall using it was Punk. He'd use it to keep his opponent cornered and then continue his pressure. 

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Only player I recall using it was Punk. He'd use it to keep his opponent cornered and then continue his pressure. 

Yeah tbh I only recall seeing it once but I figured I probably just overlooked some other instances lol. 

I’m sure at least some of the discrepancy is player preference but if I was Capcom the complete lack of drive reversal compared to people liberally burning meter for everything else would be eyebrow raising.

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah tbh I only recall seeing it once but I figured I probably just overlooked some other instances lol. 

I’m sure at least some of the discrepancy is player preference but if I was Capcom the complete lack of drive reversal compared to people liberally burning meter for everything else would be eyebrow raising.

People don't want to spend 2 bars on it. Maybe it should be 1 bar?

6 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

I'm not enritrly sure Aki translates well into 3d from concept art and her udon comic self. Not in a realistic style anyway. I kinda hope Capcom does an update similar to SFV where you have a selection of shading/filter for the character models 

I think she's translating very well. Her hair somehow looks good even though it's one of those hairdos that always look weird, and she is obviously designed to look off-putting between the white face makeup that leaves her face featureless, small eyes, how lanky she is, and also the fact that she's nuts.

The style of SFVI isn't realistic anyway, it's still very anime-inspired stylized with highly detailed character models.

Also, I don't think she's necessarily reminding me of Juri. A.K.I. looks like is supposed to be a lot more unstable and unambiguously evil compared to Juri, who kinda goes between being a sadist criminal but also helping the good guys in V.

I haven't seen anyone talking about this strangely, but A.K.I. has a big snake theme going.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Only super small thing that bother me about her is they could have done it without histerical bitch laugh, we got Juri to cover that, would have much prefered her to be just a whispering psychopathic

This.

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Mena used it a ton, particularly his Luke vs Haitani, and even his blanka a couple of times vs tokido.

I can't remember ever seeing so much dreversal before. 

EDIT also pretty much every dhalsim player, because dhalsim.

Edited by Pair of Rooks
3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Mena used it allot and I could tell immediately that that man loved SFV lmao!!! I used DR offensively like he does and it works wonders for me. I'm not even kidding when I say that people aren't using that shit enough. Be a real man and burn out early so we can play some real SF!

4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Torimeshi who plays Sim and got 17th, uses drive reversal a lot.  I noticed JP players do it too, I think it's more important for zoners just to get some breathing room. 

6 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Also, I don't think she's necessarily reminding me of Juri. A.K.I. looks like is supposed to be a lot more unstable and unambiguously evil compared to Juri, who kinda goes between being a sadist criminal but also helping the good guys in V.

She helped the good guys in V because they had a mutual enemy. She didn't help cammy out of the goodness in her heart

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn man, I just gave my old PC stick to a friend in VA. I'd sent to you if I would have known.

Got a new wire harness for the lever. hopefully that fixes the issue, if not Imma be out of the fight game for a hot minute.

Edit: before anybody mentions pad, I have a used Xbone pad that I bought for single player games. Now on that pad the right trigger is acting up. Goddamn none of my input devices work. Gonna have to play on keyboard. 😭

33 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Got a new wire harness for the lever. hopefully that fixes the issue, if not Imma be out of the fight game for a hot minute.

Edit: before anybody mentions pad, I have a used Xbone pad that I bought for single player games. Now on that pad the right trigger is acting up. Goddamn none of my input devices work. Gonna have to play on keyboard. 😭

I have like 4 Xbox pads. If you hard up for pad I can part with one of them. I'm one dude. I really could get by with one if need be.  Two of them are wireless though, you'd need a dongle to use one of them on PC.