Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

I'm pretty sure even with the nerfs that Luke is still top 1. I think he dropped from S tier to S  tier. 

I just wonder what are the chances of characters hit during the Ed update getting more balance changes once the big patch drops. Because I don't mind if characters are good (I'm not an NRS dev) but I don't think my eyes can glaze over any more seeing Luke being the unequivocal best character  in two games back to back

10 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I'm pretty sure even with the nerfs that Luke is still top 1. I think he dropped from S tier to S  tier. 

I just wonder what are the chances of characters hit during the Ed update getting more balance changes once the big patch drops. Because I don't mind if characters are good (I'm not an NRS dev) but I don't think my eyes can glaze over any more seeing Luke being the unequivocal best character  in two games back to back

I know it's not going to happen but I wish Ryu and Luke could swap spots in the tier list.  Ryu is the true poster boy and deserves to be S tier for a change.  

8 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I know it's not going to happen but I wish Ryu and Luke could swap spots in the tier list.  Ryu is the true poster boy and deserves to be S tier for a change.  

Problem is that Luke is literally just better Ryu in virtually every way. They made not understand this when they created Luke, but his moveset was made to basically make Ryu irrelevant. So you'd either have to rework what Luke is supposed to be doing or juice the hell out of Ryu.

Not really sure what you do TBH.

52 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I honestly think the last time Ryu was good was vanilla SFIV. He was top 5. Back when all he had to worry about was trade DP into Ultra for 60% of the opponent's life. 

45 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Problem is that Luke is literally just better Ryu in virtually every way. They made not understand this when they created Luke, but his moveset was made to basically make Ryu irrelevant. So you'd either have to rework what Luke is supposed to be doing or juice the hell out of Ryu.

I was gonna say Ryu has Hashogeki over Luke at least, but then I forgot Luke has cr.MP

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

The biggest limitation on Ryu is the abundance of shotos. Capcom keeps Ryu in box so they can leave room for the others. Evil Ryu supposed to be gone now. Give more of his sauce to Ryu. Gouken is one of my favorite characters but leave him out. Let Ryu gain some of his gameplay. They need to stop making Ryu so basic to allow them to add saucier versions of the archetype down the line.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The biggest limitation on Ryu is the abundance of shotos. Capcom keeps Ryu in box so they can leave room for the others. Evil Ryu supposed to be gone now. Give more of his sauce to Ryu. Gouken is one of my favorite characters but leave him out. Let Ryu gain some of his gameplay. They need to stop making Ryu so basic to allow them to add saucier versions of the archetype down the line.

While I agree that too many shotos limits design space, I don’t know that I agree Ryu needs even more moves. I’m not opposed to it, but he’s gained a lot of sauce going from SF4 to SF6 yet it doesn’t necessarily seem to directly correlate with him getting better. 

Shave (gonna make up numbers) 10 frames off his fireball and up the damage on DP like 50% and go from there. Anything else is overthinking it.

32 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

While I agree that too many shotos limits design space, I don’t know that I agree Ryu needs even more moves. I’m not opposed to it, but he’s gained a lot of sauce going from SF4 to SF6 yet it doesn’t necessarily seem to directly correlate with him getting better. 

Shave (gonna make up numbers) 10 frames off his fireball and up the damage on DP like 50% and go from there. Anything else is overthinking it.

It's not so much giving him new moves but letting his moves be more versatile. They make him a "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" character. Yet Luke is the same type of character and stronger in most aspects. It's the thing I like about the Hashogeki changes. It's more of pressure tool now. Kind of like Evil Ryu's stomps. Typically Ryu gets more locked down versions of his moves than Ken or Akuma. Well, outside of his Hadoken who's strength gets scaled back from game to game and is typically limited by system mechanics in the last few iterations of Street Fighter. They keep increasing the startup frames of his fireball.

Ryu Hadoken Frame Data

• SF3: 9F Startup, 45 Total Frames
  • SF4: 13F Startup, 45 Total Frames
  • SF5: 15F Startup, 45 Total Frames
  • SF6: 16F Startup, 47 Total Frames

Tbh just for the fun factor would like Ryu get one more special 😁

Visually Hashogeki has been most boring shit ever (Lv2 SA is badass though), who the hell thought would have been cool give him as new move a fucking short hadoken with slight modified hadoken animation

I understand was already kinda like that in SFV as reversal but still shit idea... lore wise they got the timeskip to justify redesign that thing differently to be fresh and new

Give me back this shit, was pure hype😆
KakkoFubatsu.gif

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Visually Hashogeki has been most boring shit ever (Lv2 SA is badass though), who the hell thought would have been cool give him as new move a fucking short hadoken with slight modified hadoken animation

I understand was already kinda like that in SFV as reversal but still shit idea... lore wise they got the timeskip to justify redesign that thing differently to be fresh and new

KakkoFubatsu.gif

I have PTSD from Ryu players mashing that V-Trigger during my block strings.  It was like Ed players mashing 3 punches for his reversal but worse because it led to 50% damage with his super.  

12 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

For real.  Wasn't this done and dusted already?

I thought so too. I get where Dieminion is coming from but it also makes me think of that whitetrash couple that needs to air out all of their business on Facebook.

I choose ignorance at this point. 😃 

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hard disagree. Nothing corny about it. You do dirt like that, you should be exposed. I mean if you are going to do that your friends what will you do to others.

Airing out the personal, non-business related parts is questionable.

Overall it might be that it sucks that somebody that was that committed to this hobby, and who did so much good ended up in such a place. Kinda like the Preppy situation but way more public. 😂

On 3/8/2024 at 7:48 AM, CESTUS III said:

KakkoFubatsu.gif

ANOTHER parry in this game? Yikes, no thanks. 

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hard disagree. Nothing corny about it. You do dirt like that, you should be exposed. I mean if you are going to do that your friends what will you do to others.

Idk I think it's just trashy to go online and talk about how you're going to take someone to civil court over a computer. If it came from a position to warn others, then that makes sense to me. I wasn't really getting that impression based on this from a secondhand perspective.

11 hours ago, elliephil said:

Idk I think it's just trashy to go online and talk about how you're going to take someone to civil court over a computer. If it came from a position to warn others, then that makes sense to me. I wasn't really getting that impression based on this from a secondhand perspective.

The only trashy person here to me is Art. Dieminion has always been a low key dude. He tried to resolve this privately. He only aired out art after he started ducking him. Moreover, Art has been apparently doing this type of crap for sometime. No one publicly exposed him for it, which allowed him to keep doing it. I listened to Twitter Space discussion of the situation. Dieminion wasn't the only person. Art's apparent MO is do this type of shit on the low. Someone needed to air his ass out. I mean he tried skate on a friend of over two decades. Who does that shit? The computer he tried to pawn off on Dieminion was terrible.

For $3500, he could built him a rig with a RTX 4090, 7800X3D, 32GB, a PCIE 4.0 4TB NVME, and had like $300-500 give him back. That's If he took like $200 as a fee to build the thing. It had a GTX Geforce card. That's a 10 series card that like 4 generations ago. Nvidia doesn't even make GTX cards any more. Then on top of that, It had a fucking HDD. In 2023 he tried to sell this man a system with hard drive in it. The absolute gall of this dude. That shit triggers me to no end. Ripping people of in general pisses me off. Ripping your friends off though, special place in hell for people like him. 

TLDR; Trashy is trying to steal $3500 from dude you've known for over 20 years. Not being exposed for it. Publicly exposing scammers, makes it harder for them to rip off others. 

Edit: https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-was-released-7-years-ago

Edited by Darc_Requiem
38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

TLDR; Trashy is trying to steal $3500 from dude you've known for over 20 years. Not being exposed for it. Publicly exposing scammers, makes it harder for them to rip off others. 

My question then is this. Are we really better off knowing this information?

Resolving the business issue with the full consequence of taking to to court is important for the community. You can't allow that level of bad business to happen in the scene. Think of it this way, if you wanted to start a business, being in the FGC gives you an early customer base to start with. So its in the best interest of everybody here that commerce is done right.

Putting up his personal stuff is some other shit. That stuff isn't really our concern. If he wanted to tell friends of Art that the guy is in the ropes, that's fine. But goddamn.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Putting up his personal stuff is some other shit. That stuff isn't really our concern. If he wanted to tell friends of Art that the guy is in the ropes, that's fine. But goddamn.

Fair point. I'll just say that Art did himself no favors outside of the initial offense. He had several months do right my Dieminion and if he had, it wouldn't have ended up public. 

I'm listening to the Dieminion thing right now and am like half way done with it.  It's really crappy and shady wtf Art did to him.  Just all around completely shitty to do, especially from a long time friend.

Back in like 2011 or whenever SSF4 came out, Art helped me out cause I used to chat with him on IRC a bit.  When I was making apps, his girlfriend lived in Japan and there was an SSF4 Mook that was Japanese only, and he had his girlfriend buy it and ship it to me here in the states, so that I could add frame data into my app.  It was awesome of him to do and I definitely appreciated it.

58 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Back in like 2011 or whenever SSF4 came out, Art helped me out cause I used to chat with him on IRC a bit.  When I was making apps, his girlfriend lived in Japan and there was an SSF4 Mook that was Japanese only, and he had his girlfriend buy it and ship it to me here in the states, so that I could add frame data into my app.  It was awesome of him to do and I definitely appreciated it.

Kind of how I feel about Laugh. I got my PS2 to Ps3, and Ps2 to 360 converters from him on SRK. Shipped straight from Korea.

Then the fallout with infiltration happened and it was sad times.

I listened to the whole thing while I was working.

Dieminion doing the little "ha ha" when he is trying to talk like Arturo has me dying lol.  He starts almost every statement by him with that fake laugh, and I know exactly what he is talking about lol.

Arturo was apparently going through some real shit but still it is absolutely no excuse to act the way he did.  The fact that he can 't just get him his money back and now doing the monthly payments of so little is ridiculous too.  Dieminion is a lot more chill about this than I would be, but he also let it go this far so he kind of doesn't have an option.

Art just seems like a scumbag to do any kind of business with.  I think it's good he put this out there to warn people in the future.

On another note, I got all of my Samducksa buttons today and just swapped out the silver switches with the Kailh navy speeds.  It was more of a pain in the ass than I anticipated because I didn't know how fucking delicate the tabs on the metallic buttons are.  I broke 1 tab on like 6/9 of the 24mm ones that I got, but they still seem to be working just fine.  One of the tabs completely broke off and the rest are like broke but still attached.  The solid black buttons I got seemed to be stiffer so it's just the weaker metallic buttons I guess.  

I'm going to install em later on and try em out this evening.  I hope I like em on all buttons lol.  I have liked the ones I have in my stick right now but it's a mixture of different buttons and only 5 out of 12.

@purbeastAfter listening to him, it's clear that the only reason he didn't put hands on him is because his older now. Be that as it may, he said "I thought about putting hands on him" considering there location at the time. That tells you how, justifiably, pissed he was. This situation is just sad man. If it wasn't for Kuroda, this would biggest fall from grace in the FGC. At least that I can think of. Seems like Art needs rehab, I think we know where that $3,500 went.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@purbeastAfter listening to him, it's clear that the only reason he didn't put hands on him is because his older now. Be that as it may, he said "I thought about putting hands on him" considering there location at the time. That tells you how, justifiably, pissed he was. This situation is just sad man. If it wasn't for Kuroda, this would biggest fall from grace in the FGC. At least that I can think of. Seems like Art needs rehab, I think we know where that $3,500 went.

Yah I mean I know a lot of people who also did/do coke (and I steer clear of it - only ever smoked weed as far as drugs go but that has been like nearly 2 decades at this point) but they are functional and have good jobs and aren't going to scam you.  I do wonder what the extent of his usage was though but based on what they said, he was pretty into it.  And it's not a cheap drug as far as I know too.

But man, the way he was strung along the whole time and for that long, and the fact that Dieminion didn't realize that for $3k he could have EASILY found a monster PC elsewhere, is a lesson learned for him for sure.  I mean when he said his budget for a powerful PC and 3 monitors was $10k, that was nuts.  You could get that for A LOT less than that.  It would be hard to even spend $5k for the setup he wanted, including 3 good monitors.  

He was way more patient than I would have been in that situation, that is for sure.