Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

I think perfect parries are the hypest thing about the game and the people who don't like them are lame.

Like, I'd understand if we got to a point in the meta where pros can perfect parry on command and every interaction plays around them, but this is not the current meta and SF6 has the whole "whiff a parry in someone's face and you eat an untechable throw that does 20% of your life" to stop that scenario from happening.

They should probably do something about parry whiff in neutral. I don't really like fishing for parries, but that was also an issue in 3S. Unless you give it a very visible whiff animation, there's not much they can do about it.

But that also would imply that Capcom sees it as an issue.

On 3/17/2024 at 8:14 AM, Dragonfave723 said:

So the Season 2 roster may have leaked via Reddit by a leaker named shinvergeben back on March 9th. It wasn't until a week later where he/she provided further details on these characters. Take this with a grain of salt, of course:

820nsZg.jpeg

That is a boring ass season 2 if that is real.

10 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I’m 100% sold this look incredible holy shit 

Overall good, will likely buy

On art style side some stuff piss me off

-Shadows being super dark, i understand artwork style they was looking for but ingame at times give me shitty MvC3 vibes

Wish they went more like

terry-gfix.jpg

-Too fucking much fireworks going on and random filter effects just to be flashy, SF6 got same disease

-Beside the fact will have to wait DLC for Joe (wich is tragedy itself, will probably wait Joe's release lol) Joe's apprentice design is atrocious... feels like overdesigned shit that SNK often throw on new kids (capcom to some extent did on Kimberly but there kinda works)

Tbh costume wise some ideas are even cool, mostly it's the head as a whole to suck, cut it off lol

Old one was much better, even if would have took bit work to be modernized a bit

gmotw02.jpg

Would probably straight slap new costume on old concept character, would probably work lol

The system is in a pretty decent spot right now. I basically only ever see perfect parry either on wakeup from a knockdown or in the middle of strings. I think it would be sick for everyone to be a boss mode character and then nerf the system so that you don't have characters like JP that thrive in it.

47 minutes ago, elliephil said:

The system is in a pretty decent spot right now. I basically only ever see perfect parry either on wakeup from a knockdown or in the middle of strings. I think it would be sick for everyone to be a boss mode character and then nerf the system so that you don't have characters like JP that thrive in it.

Kinda funny that we had that convo a while back about how parrying was better than blocking and its kinda beared out that way. Fishing for parries needs to have a bigger

Outside of Neutral drive rush eating inputs, and maybe canceling into drive rush costing three bars instead of two, there doesn't feel like a lot is actually out of place with the system. People keep malding over throw loops but not sure wtf you'd do with them other than cuck them out.

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Overall good, will likely buy

On art style side some stuff piss me off

-Shadows being super dark, i understand artwork style they was looking for but ingame at times give me shitty MvC3 vibes

Wish they went more like

terry-gfix.jpg

-Too fucking much fireworks going on and random filter effects just to be flashy, SF6 got same disease

-Beside the fact will have to wait DLC for Joe (wich is tragedy itself, will probably wait Joe's release lol) Joe's apprentice design is atrocious... feels like overdesigned shit that SNK often throw on new kids (capcom to some extent did on Kimberly but there kinda works)

Tbh costume wise some ideas are even cool, mostly it's the head as a whole to suck, cut it off lol

Old one was much better, even if would have took bit work to be modernized a bit

gmotw02.jpg

Would probably straight slap new costume on old concept character, would probably work lol

Kaine is gonna be the JP of this game and I'm gonna hate all of the edge lords that are gonna main him.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Outside of Neutral drive rush eating inputs, and maybe canceling into drive rush costing three bars instead of two, there doesn't feel like a lot is actually out of place with the system.

Making the neutral drive rush function to not completely screw over someone's input would be cool. If Capcom views that as a nerf > functionality, then I guess we know where the system stands lol

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Kain was absolutely busted in MoW.   Only character I've ever seen jump backwards while chucking fireballs.  

Dude...i'm highkey excited for how absolutely dumbshit this game is going to be. People have this meme idea of Garou. They don't actually know how flamingly ignorant the game actually is.

Nothing that happens in that game is compatible with modern game design. Literally none of it. They already added red parry to the game (2 frame window for it according to Wong), so you know this is going to be a god damned disaster.

😂

13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

What gets me is that he is so sure about this. He must’ve come from another dimension.

I met Ryan Hart once (well, said "good luck" to him at EGX as we passed by as he caught me looking, grinned and said thanks back) - he really is as tall as he appears. I'm 6'3, probably the same height or a touch shorter than Guile main there. Remy deserves a SF6 comeback, dammit!

Edited by JustBooming

Garou is on sale for 5 dollars on the steam sale.

If you wanna get a head start on dumb degenerate stuff, its a worthwhile investment. Looks like Garou sequel plays very similar to the original. So it wouldn't be bad to start building some muscle memory for feint cancels. They aren't hard but they are tricky.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Given all the work they did to put Gato in KOFXV. He's a given.

Yeah i think Gato is likely to sneak into start cast, wich i like as was my Garou fav

But i would be fine with S1 too, will no buy till Joe and no way he's start cast given we got shitty disciple

We got basically confirmation for Joe and Andy by artwork, and kinda like i would have loved see some more SF2ers sneak into SF3, i would love just the same see some FF vets get into Garou

My wishlist

joe-kof98stance.gifbluemary-xi-stance.gifraiden-cvs-stance.gifsnk-rick.gifgeese-neo-stance.gif

I know call Rick Strowdt a vet is bit blasphemy, but still was cool boxing guy lol

17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Fatal Fury was literally developed by the SF 1 devs.

Indeed

Same father, so FF is little brother 😁

Cool guy

AoF is youngest brother, but somehow seems older than FF. Tough kid we respect, even if not as likeable as FF who's our fav brother

SS is the fun brother in law with best alcoholic stories, good drunk fellow

KoF is the edgy nephew you want to slap because his father FF never did. Can't lift grocery bags but still he can get laid, we respect that

DS is son we love most, but world does'nt understand him and can't find a job to save his life. Probably fatherly love blind our judgement

VF is the boring engineer son with glasses and stick up in the ass. Basically adult Gohan. He ever speak about how complex his job is but we couldn't care less

TK is cool oldest nephew, basically what his dad (VF) was'nt. Charisma jumped a generation and we're proud of him because he's coolest guy in town and growing strong. Only one truly able to stand and bang with us, true heir shit

SB/SC is middle nephew with ponytail who ducked actual fight sports and does mcdojo kung fu because swing sticks and nuchakus make him feel ninja. For mysterious reasons despite that in his youth was even better than TK even if less popular, but that phase lasted very little and became a pink haired male cosplayer

DoA is young female nephew who went to good private school but still end up with OnlyFans channel

BR is a young distant cousin. Good boy but can't handle coke. It's a while we don't see him

FEXL is the new name of our secret twin. Had to chose hidden humble path because have the most holy mission: keep V.Rosso trapped in a mediocre universe nobody care about so he can't get pregnant all SF waifus

SMASH is somebody's adopted toddler. Too young to speak with adults beyond MAMA PAPA POOPOO, he's somehow adorable but we suspect have below average IQ and will never pass chimp level. Somehow have lot famous friends

To some extent this is family, but on reality only allowed in the home are FF and TK, KoF too if he shut up

Edited by CESTUS III

Rest in peace to the Chun-Li legend BrolyLegs. There's a video with him and pogchamp man where he explains how he uses an OS to play Chun in sf4 with all of her normals while only using 4 buttons and I remember that kind of changing my perspective on how to approach these games and even other issues down the road. Dude was an inspiration. Rest in power.

People constantly underestimate how much traction SF6 gained in Japan. Modern controls brought in a lot of players, and especially content creators, who were on the fence, helped by existing creators/players encouraging them. This in turn has encouraged their viewers/fans to try the game as well. For example, every Crazy Raccoon Cup with SF6 saw the game garner a massive increase in sales. More importantly, these players have stayed and have even given back to the community. For example, Hololive's Botan went from trying the waters out at CR Cup to now hosting her own online event with Shishiron Cup.

ST, 3S and Garou  never became big here even we had machines here because of PC gaming and 3d fighters becoming a craze

It's good that SNK is still confident doing spinoff fighters than Capcom fully into SF

Hoping that a Capcom Allstar game is on the horizon since Garou seems a direct SF competition by now and the flagship seems KOF

_____

And regarding the recent leak obviously another fake leaker that has scatered insider from SMASH and SC. lol 

Capcom is taking a scarcity approach conditioning people to few character DLC its unreal for that many characters for SF6

I dont even think they would past on 5 DLC per season. They would bring favorites but down with 4 or 5 for the last season

A crossover character from other capcom own franchise might come to SF6 especially if its the last season

Edited by Shakunetsu