Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

It takes 2 whole years to create a brand new character (and tons of money), yet you always hear people demanding all dlc characters for free and a starting roster of 50 characters. 

50 characters at launch is of course unrealistic by a large margin, but it's easily possible to subsidise characters through other, purely cosmetic sales like costumes. 

Yo can someone answer this question please, you know how when you do a drive impact the screen gets all colorful and stuff? Well if you can counter a drive impact with another drive impact what's stopping everyone from just waiting till their opponent does one first? I'm confused. 

18 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Well if you can counter a drive impact with another drive impact what's stopping everyone from just waiting till their opponent does one first? I'm confused. 

The situation you’re describing is exactly why you shouldn’t just constantly throw out raw drive impact without a read. 

However, in a real match you only have so much mental bandwidth to spare when waiting to react to something. For example, while you are waiting to counter your opponent’s drive impact, they might be able to dash up and throw you because your mind was focused on something else. Basically you can sit there and do nothing waiting to blow up a drive impact, but in doing so you’re surrendering a lot of game control and momentum to your opponent. 

13 hours ago, Edmund said:

It takes 2 whole years to create a brand new character (and tons of money), yet you always hear people demanding all dlc characters for free and a starting roster of 50 characters. 

I always have to explain to people why when games have big starting rosters

its either

1) they have ALL THE FUCKING MONEY, like NRS

2) they steal non stop from the previous game, assets, animations, etc, like tekken and KoF

18 fully unique characters made from the ground up for an all new AAA game in 2023? thats very very respectable.

2 hours ago, delete_me said:

Unrelated, but I wanted to let you guys know that tomorrow I'm starting a career in pro tennis. I've heard that the rules have changed and that only two sets will be played at major tournaments, so as the worst player in the lineup, I will now be able to consistently beat Djokovic & Co. now.

OK but are you on a hitbox and who's your main 

9 hours ago, delete_me said:

Unrelated, but I wanted to let you guys know that tomorrow I'm starting a career in pro tennis. I've heard that the rules have changed and that only two sets will be played at major tournaments, so as the worst player in the lineup, I will now be able to consistently beat Djokovic & Co. now.

The tennis masters events which are a level below the grand slams are best 2 out of 3 sets and even still a top 10 player wins 90% of the time.  I think it's similar with SF, 2 out of 3 has never made bad players win, that idea is so stupid.  The only time I want to sit through 3 of 5 is if we're talking top 8 of a high quality CPT event.

Edited by HeavensCloud
On 5/14/2023 at 5:54 PM, Daemos said:

I wouldn't even want 50 characters as a final roster. It's miserable to balance, and you always end up with about 5 or so characters that were useless or uninspired.

I think 18-22 is a good base roster and it should double in the game's lifetime (6-8 years).

Fuck balancement tbh, give me as many puppets as possible 😃

Tbh i don't even believe SFV having lot of characters even was the reason of lot of stuff people complained about

Surely hope future seasons will not be 4 chars, SFV's 6 was just perfect pace... i don't even care about now new chars having to add WT parts: actual cast characters will get basically just theyr own stage (that they have anyway in normal game), small portion of WT place to meet them, few cutscenes

Most of that stuff will be done by the team doing WT shit, will work in parallel with normal work to build the char

I just hope all that "for teh fans" mood SF6 is sporting to make us forget how trashy they went back to SFV, will not disappear when they start see SF6 doing big money, wich surely/hopefully will do

Hope they will keep the mindset you need to invest big to win big

38 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Does anyone remember if when SF5 was released the game was mined for leaks? Or was that during beta?

I seem to remember the leaks being from the beta, we got three letter placeholders for GUL, URN, IBK, etc.? I was pretty confident Guile was coming before purchase, but that might just be because they changed Charlie from charge. 

On 5/14/2023 at 7:05 PM, delete_me said:

50 characters at launch is of course unrealistic by a large margin, but it's easily possible to subsidise characters through other, purely cosmetic sales like costumes. 

I'm not sure Cosmetic DLC  can  surpass or even just replace Characters DLC

But sure af, Cosmetic DLC is not beating Cosmetic DLC+Characters DLC combo, so the combo will stay

Plus people bitched even when SFV allowed players to unlock characters with free ingame currency, so i've not much to say lol

Capcom was scam with SFV, but fanbase somehow managed to complain over one of the very few right/fair things they did lmao

42 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

I seem to remember the leaks being from the beta, we got three letter placeholders for GUL, URN, IBK, etc.? I was pretty confident Guile was coming before purchase, but that might just be because they changed Charlie from charge. 

Well hopefully we can get a good leak then because I don't wait 2-3 years for info!