Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

Oh man this drive rush change is something, I know it’ll help charge characters I wonder if it’ll help modern players too? 

I’m thinking of trying guile I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have any good cancellable lows but his game plan is already good

clarification-nope for charge characters, Japanese tweet clarifies it only applies for neutral or forward + (MP and MK)

Edited by Illwill88
On 7/16/2023 at 4:00 AM, Shakunetsu said:

When I've read your post, I've looked at this video after, as it a pretty small world. Lol. I was always a pretty flexible learner with multiple characters, but this player's problem solving through approaches and performance are similar enough to my own. Limiting that to just one character online can be underwhelming, though.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
On 7/17/2023 at 2:43 AM, Vhozite said:

Dude I’ve lost probably 4 rounds this weekend getting raw SA2 just trying to move back and forth before a slide or overhead. It’s so frustrating losing most of your super meter and eating a full combo punish just because the shortcuts are hyper loose. Stuff like this is the exact reason why I don’t like playing characters with lots of input overlap it’s annoying to deal with when shortcuts are too lenient.

Funny enough tho I actually won a round because I got accidental SA2 right as the other guy jumped in on me. He was maybe 10% into his jump and I “reacted” with super art wouldn’t be surprised if bro reported me lol.

*Innocently walks back and forth for footsies*

*Presses crLK as a random neutral check*

*Super 2 comes out*

"So that's how it is then."

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

On one hand, now each and every scrub in the game will be able to always buffer Drive Rush correctly and never drop it. This is bad and not a good thing.

On the other hand, now I will always be able to buffer Drive Rush correctly and I will never miss one again. This is a good thing.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

2 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yeah, isn't plinking a light into rush for the buffer OS gonna be so easy we're back to playing jab fighter 4XX again? 

That's exactly what I was thinking! Crazy that they are releasing this change right before probably the biggest sf6 tournament ever!

On 7/16/2023 at 11:21 PM, elliephil said:

Ken has plenty of specials that are not punishable on block. Frame data doesn't really dictate how good a character is in this game as much as it did in sfv since the game gives you so many options on defense, along with most characters only having 1 to 2 plus moves usually.

OD Fireball = -2 on block

HK dragonlash = +1 on block (+2 on crouching)

HK Jinrai = -2

Jinrai overhead = -3

Jinrai heavy = -3

Run overhead = -3

I think Ken is considered top tier due to the fact that he is extremely well-rounded with good normals and anti-air options. He has great pressure during jinrai strings. He can confirm into full screen corner carry and even switch sides if he wants. Most normals are cancellable into DI and I feel that Ken rewards players who choose to play a strong fundamental game utilizing all of the mechanics.

Thanks for this. In my defense jinrai is like 12 different moves, and I didn't even know the command dash changed the properties of the followups.

I'm enjoying Ken so much rn I'm considering removing the Ethernet cord.

That DR cancel shortcut is welcome, because I actually don't like double tapping too much and that's pretty much all you're doing in this game, either for raw Rushes or to extend your combos.

If it's a good idea is another question, because it removes a certain input barrier almost completely. I haven't played in a bit, but I remember messing up some of the more awkward cancels in terms of timing, like going into DR from Manon's command overhead, here and there. That most likely won't happen anymore if I can just mash two buttons.

I've been confused about the recent phenomenon of people having trouble inputting dash motions.

I feel like I only started hearing about it when DBFZ got big...maybe because a lot of people new to fgs just got used to having a dash macro all the time?

For some games dash macros absolutely help, but it's not like tapping forward twice is actually hard...is it?

👴

I liked the fact that you can DR cancel from a normal with a basic input.  Felt nice and natural to me.  If anything, the weirder input is doing raw DR: (foward, parry + forward) / (parry > forward forward) both feel a little awkward.  Wish they had simplified that instead.

In my case it's a bit of a unique and weird situation because I use the analogue stick on the controller but switch to the D-Pad for dashes. I think it's self-explanatory why the motion irks me a bit if it's as frequently used as in SF6. But I also think it's just a bit of an uncomfortable input mid-combo.

1 minute ago, delete_me said:

In my case it's a bit of a unique and weird situation because I use the analogue stick on the controller but switch to the D-Pad for dashes. I think it's self-explanatory why the motion irks me a bit if it's as frequently used as in SF6. But I also think it's just a bit of an uncomfortable input mid-combo.

In that particular case I wonder if it's really a failing of the controller as an input device.

On stick/keyboard/hitbox normal dashes are trivial, but I can see how it'd be annoying if you rely on analog stick most of the time and need to swap to the dpad.

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

I've been confused about the recent phenomenon of people having trouble inputting dash motions.

I feel like I only started hearing about it when DBFZ got big...maybe because a lot of people new to fgs just got used to having a dash macro all the time?

For some games dash macros absolutely help, but it's not like tapping forward twice is actually hard...is it?

Looool I been waiting on you to come out the wood work yelling at the clouds about this. Double tapping dash is not hard, but single tapping a button feels infinitely better.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Also now that there are a whole ass 6 different games...

Capcom could legit do a CvS2 style game with only the SF franchise and assign a grove to each series entry. Hardest one to figure out might be the SF5 groove but overall its Wow.

with TEAM MODe like CVS too!!!

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Looool I been waiting on you to come out the wood work yelling at the clouds about this. Double tapping dash is not hard, but single tapping a button feels infinitely better.

I'd have preferred they made it easier to do raw drive rush instead of the canceled one.

Raw drive rush also includes forward dash inputs and is way more awkward, even using the shortcut.  Modern mode already has a macro for it by default iirc so if anything that's the one that should have gotten a new shortcut.

15 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Thanks for this. In my defense jinrai is like 12 different moves, and I didn't even know the command dash changed the properties of the followups.

Between jinrai and run, there is a bit going on for a shoto character. Heavy dragonlash can be tricky to interrupt sometimes since it covers lots of horizontal area while staying relatively close to the ground. Run step kick is -4 but when it's spaced out, it's very rare you're ever going to jab punished for that as well unless you did it point blank in the corner. Ken is cool cause he has tools that keep your opponent on their toes but doesn't exactly have to use them all the time.

Ethernet cable is always optional 😉 

11 hours ago, misterBee said:

In that particular case I wonder if it's really a failing of the controller as an input device.

On stick/keyboard/hitbox normal dashes are trivial, but I can see how it'd be annoying if you rely on analog stick most of the time and need to swap to the dpad.

I realise it's a very odd way to play but after trying out a couple of input methods (specifically sticks and dedicated fightpads) I've come to the conclusion that despite some shortcomings it works best for me. SF6 really is the first game I've felt it being a slight handicap.

On 7/18/2023 at 7:51 PM, Phantom_Miria said:

On one hand, now each and every scrub in the game will be able to always buffer Drive Rush correctly and never drop it. This is bad and not a good thing.

On the other hand, now I will always be able to buffer Drive Rush correctly and I will never miss one again. This is a good thing.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Image - 448576] | I Know That Feel Bro | Know Your Meme

On 7/19/2023 at 9:29 AM, misterBee said:

I add +1 on the pad thing

Ever been pad player, but had no problem with SF4 FADC

But my fav control scheme i used for SF4 and SFV works well for SF6 except for that single thing, MP+MK to me is either L1+R1 or L2, meaning left hand have some trigger to push at same time as dash on d-pad, it's kinda awkward lol

End up i almost never use it, wich at scrub level like mine it's absolutely no big deal, but still piss me off  remove part of the tools from my options

If i understood it correctly this change will be an absolute bless for me lol