Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Pokemon Legends looking super lit. And Pokemon are gonna attack us? 

Photography Picture GIF

Greak: Memories of Azur looks dope. I downloaded the demo and I'm gonna give it a go after some Pokemon Unite. Greak got a physical release that dropped the same day as the digital version and it's only $40 so I may end up grabbing that.

Darius EX+ and Cotton Reboot! are arriving today.

video games nintendo GIF

Been playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX. Man I haven’t played a mystery dungeon game in a hot minute. I forgot how fun they can be. 

im only about 5 hours into the story and I’ve mainly been doing side quests. I can’t even recruit new Pokémon to my rescue team yet but as long as they keep giving me side quests I’m not going to progress in the story. 

Also, there’s a shit ton of what they call “wonder gift” codes that give you a lot of helpful items Like permanent stat buff items and items that teach new moves. I haven’t really used any of them yet though. 

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Been playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX. Man I haven’t played a mystery dungeon game in a hot minute. I forgot how fun they can be. 

im only about 5 hours into the story and I’ve mainly been doing side quests. I can’t even recruit new Pokémon to my rescue team yet but as long as they keep giving me side quests I’m not going to progress in the story. 

Also, there’s a shit ton of what they call “wonder gift” codes that give you a lot of helpful items Like permanent stat buff items and items that teach new moves. I haven’t really used any of them yet though. 

I've been playing Shiren 3 on PSP and it's really good. Feels like a good balance between the random rng and difficulty. Have yet to feel like the games just fucking with me which Mystery Dungeon games are want to do imo. 

2 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Getting my Skyward Sword joycons delivered tomorrow via Lone Star Overnight 🙂

I’ve been tempted to get them as I’ve been seeing them everywhere lately but I genuinely have no need for them. I have the neon pink/green joy-cons and I’m more than happy with those. 

21 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Why I am feeling that joycon drift is going to plague the Switch till it's end. 
Or they give up on the joycons and go with something else. 

Cause unless Nintendo somehow gets brought down in court or some other avenue, them riding the current Switch generation to the end makes the most business sense. Also there may not be a solid fix with the current hardware or prices within the margin they can make money off it.

11 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

Finally got my Skyward Sword Joycons ... but ended up getting them from Target. GameStop took too damn long to deliver them. Also at the same Target, I found these, and it was an instacop:

spacer.png

I’ve thought about grabbing the Sanrio collaboration amiibo cards simply because I’m a huge fan of Sanrio as a brand and the pack comes with all 6 cards. But I just don’t care enough to go to target to get them. 

my sister got her pack though. 

6 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Got my first hole-in-one in Mario Golf: Super Rush  a few nights ago. Did it as Bowser Jr., a character I've never been a big fan of in the Mario universe but is surprisingly fun to use in this game.

Using Pauline more makes me realize that girl is STACKED!!!

Sikh Check You Out GIF by asianhistorymonth

I told you months ago that Mario made a mistake. Now you know why Donkey Kong kidnapped her.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I started Katana Zero yesterday and I really enjoying it so far. It's like a puzzle game with a story more than anything else, at least so far, and I like how what you say affects parts of the game. That was one of the things I liked about Vampyr too. 

Yeah it was a cool game and I loved the style of it, but I also felt like it was just missing something when it was all said and done.  I couldn't pinpoint it but I left feeling a bit unsatisfied about something.

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yeah it was a cool game and I loved the style of it, but I also felt like it was just missing something when it was all said and done.  I couldn't pinpoint it but I left feeling a bit unsatisfied about something.

It's kind of a mashup of action, puzzle, and visual novel, at least from what I can tell thus far. I like it, but I can see how if you went in expecting something that it doesn't really go all the way with, you'd be disappointed by it.

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It's kind of a mashup of action, puzzle, and visual novel, at least from what I can tell thus far. I like it, but I can see how if you went in expecting something that it doesn't really go all the way with, you'd be disappointed by it.

I think it was just how often it pulled you out of the gameplay.  And the levels were short.  It was like the pacing was just off and I wanted less cutscenes I couldn't control and more gameplay.  It's been a while since I got it at launch though but I believe that is what kind of bothered me about it.

8 hours ago, purbeast said:

What is that?

They’re amiibo cards. They were mainly made for animal crossing (406 out of roughly 520 were specifically for animal crossing). You scan them like you would regular amiibo. They do an assortment of things from brining that villager on the card to your village, to give you building materials, outfits, etc. 

the hello kitty/Sanrio ones were only available in Japan for the longest time (about 4 years I think? Maybe longer) but were finally released in the west back in March. Which is good cause before the western release the entire set of 6 cards sold for over $200 usd. The reason being is because they came in blind packs of 2 cards. So getting a full set wasn’t guaranteed plus they were limited in printing because Nintendo. 

probably more of an answer than you were expecting but here we are. 

Edited by iStu X
9 hours ago, purbeast said:

And bruh ... your car is dirty as shit.

I'm well aware, my wife's on my ass too about cleaning it. Since this new rise in cases has happened, outside of traveling to Florida last month; we simply do not use our car very often.

That being said, I need to stop slacking and start doing errands in the mornings again, including cleaning the car.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
Who are you, my mother? Stop asking all these questions!
13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

How tf does Kraid keep dying and showing back up on other planets? Lmao 

Cant wait for this game tho

He only ever showed up in Zebes lol. (ZM/1 and SM)

Besides, there was apparently a plan for Meta Kraid in Prime 1 and it's not too far-fetched that the X cloned him just like Ridley.

Bro, the movement in this game is so clean. Lawd have mercy.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Chozo Burrito!: Cruis’n Blast 9/14 - Diablo II Resurrected 9/23