Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is completely shocking. This man influenced the world (and me) so much through his art and creativity. Dragon Ball, Dragon quest, Chrono Trigger. He will always be the GOAT in my eyes. Most manga's after DBZ wouldn't even exist if it weren't for him paving the way for the rest.  A truly powerful mangaka.  RIP to a legend.

Edited by Sacr3D

This is definitely not the way how I wanted my night to end...Fuck man  I mean there's nothing that I can say in the moment that anyone hasn't said before.  The influence this man has had on countless works  after Dragonball's release and with his iconic style influencing literally millions.  And he had his game coming out based on Sand Land soon.  I was not ready for him to be gone yet and 68 was def a lil too soon.  RIP to the legend indeed.

Still wild to me that despite Dragon Ball being such a massive worldwide phenomenon we barely knew anything about Toriyama and he basically never appears in public. Hell there aren't even any photos of the guy except maybe 3-4, all from different stages of his life (one from like 20s, one from 30s, one from 40s)

Also Masako Nozawa is nearly 15 years older than Akira yet looks nowhere near her age, seems to still be quite healthy and retaining her powerful voice, and probably is going to live another couple of decades 

NGL...Toriyama being gone is hitting me pretty fucking hard this morning...more so than I thought it would.  Dwelling on just how much impact this guy has had on my life in some way either directly or indirectly has been crushing.  Sonic would be whooly dif if not for this dude's influence.  I'm hoping that some of the stuff he had cooking will see the light of day in some way...

4 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Still wild to me that despite Dragon Ball being such a massive worldwide phenomenon we barely knew anything about Toriyama and he basically never appears in public. Hell there aren't even any photos of the guy except maybe 3-4, all from different stages of his life (one from like 20s, one from 30s, one from 40s)

Also Masako Nozawa is nearly 15 years older than Akira yet looks nowhere near her age, seems to still be quite healthy and retaining her powerful voice, and probably is going to live another couple of decades 

Toriyama is...was a very private man. I always respected the fact that got to do what he loved, got famous, and yet still was able to maintain a essentially normal life. Kudos to Japan for respecting his wishes and not going full TMZ on him.

21 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Not sure what this says but I do know that this is the character designer for Tails.

This is what Google Translated when I clicked the Tweet so the accuracy may be off. That said, Toriyama's influence of the hobbies we've loved growing up is immeasurable. 

"As I wrote in a previous Twitter post and in a series of columns, the relationship between these two in Sonic 2 was created based on the image of Piccolo and Gohan. Therefore, without the work Dragon Ball, the relationship between these two would not exist today. Thank you very much, Mr. Toriyama."

5 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Tottally Not Mark talked about this remaster in one of his videos...would be nice if Funimation either asked them how they did it or asked to use the footage for a release over here.

According to the video, Crunchyroll now owns the rights to Dragon Ball in different countries. For some reason they have stuck to using some crappy Japanese audio tracks instead of some more high quality versions recently available. Wish they would reconsider.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

In the Super Broly movie Vegeta is mad at Goku for having brought back Freezer, but it was Whis and Beerus who brought him back to live permanently

That's still Goku's fault. He's the one that agreed to have Freiza brought back to life as a condition for him participating in the tournament. Whis just saved him the trouble of gathering the Dragon Balls.