Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

nah, I've never heard of Ron Dee Voo.  In fairness, I also grew up as an extremely picky eater, usually reluctant to try new things...though ribs are generally "ok" with me, just annoying in how there's little meat on them that you have to pick off the bones, compared to other options.

It's good to see some people are trying to save themselves and moving away. (I'd rather the M-town "natives" go anywhere else but here though, of course...it's best to not have that city's riff raff trash contaminate the rest of the country)  One of my close friends from college seems happy to stay there which is just insane to me.

**just thinking about it again...yeahhh I miss those old days of Jack Pirtle's though; it ranked as the #2 in the tier ranking of fast food chicken for me, with Popeye's being the #1 of course....but damn that Jack Pirtle's was good stuff.  Too bad the rest of their food was kind of bland though.

Edited by MillionX

edit: got sonic'd!

Jonathan Majors reflected on his tumultuous relationship with Grace Jabbari in his first interview since the actor was found guilty of assaulting and harassing his ex-girlfriend.

Majors was arrested in March 2023 over a reported domestic dispute with Jabbari — during which he fractured her finger and left a cut on her ear. The incident occurred when Jabbari confronted Majors while in an SUV after she saw suggestive texts from another woman on his phone. The argument became physical, and hours later, Majors called the police when he found Jabbari unconscious at their home.

As the actor stood trial, the jury was shown numerous pieces of evidence that pointed to Majors’ mistreatment of Jabbari. This included surveillance footage from the SUV incident, and audio of another incident where Majors lambasted Jabbari by saying she should be supporting him like Coretta Scott King or Michelle Obama supported their husbands.

ABC’s Linsey Davis sat down with Majors for an interview which aired Monday, and after asking him why he was speaking out now, she asked what he thought about being found guilty.

“I was absolutely shocked and afraid,” Majors said. “I’m standing there and the verdict comes down, and I say ‘How is that possible? Based off the evidence, based off the prosecution’s evidence — let alone our evidence — how is that possible?”

Davis recounted Jabbari’s allegations about what Majors did to her inside the car, but Majors insisted “that did not happen.”

“How did those injuries come about?” Davis asked.

“I wish to God I knew,” Majors answered. “That would give clarity. That would give me some type of peace about it.”

Asked if he holds himself at all responsible for Jabbari’s injuries, Majors said, “I shouldn’t have been in the car. I shouldn’t have stepped out of the relationship. I shouldn’t have been in the relationship.”

“If I’m not in the car, none of this is happening. If I leave the relationship, none of this is happening. If I’m man enough or brave enough to say, ‘I want to see someone else’ or ‘I’m done now,’ I’m not in that car. We’re not here. I’m responsible for those things.”

“But none of her injuries,” Davis pressed.

“Can’t say that,” Majors responded. “None of her injuries.”

Edited by AriesWarlock
10 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Huge international pharma company, and they just had to cover in a company-wide conference call that people shouldn't "reply all" to companywide emails to tell each other to stop replying to all.

Ugh....don't remind me. Every so often that shit happens where I work. Someone accidentally hits "Reply All" and you spend the next few hours getting dozens of emails from people saying "Hey, this email isn't for me." Followed by dozens of emails of people hitting "Reply All" saying "Everyone stop hitting Reply All". 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Ugh....don't remind me. Every so often that shit happens where I work. Someone accidentally hits "Reply All" and you spend the next few hours getting dozens of emails from people saying "Hey, this email isn't for me." Followed by dozens of emails of people hitting "Reply All" saying "Everyone stop hitting Reply All". 😑

Yuuuup. Happens in the Army, too 🙄

Well, I was curious since I hadn't watched in a long time, and these early morning hours are around the time Dark Shadows would be on....turns out the "Decades" channel is dead----rebranded as some comedy-centric channel instead, which means no more Dark Shadows or any of the other non-sitcom stuff that was previously on there....fortunately for that particular series I already have the DVD collection though (physical media wins again)....but I'll miss having that as an option.  

"Antenna TV" is still on, fortunately.  Three's Company is on right now....Burns & Allen followed by The Jack Benny Program are up next on there.  (**Edit---it just hit me; it's kind of sad that there is more than likely no one from the Millennial and younger generations who have ever heard of or seen George Burns or Jack Benny. They are lost to time.)

"Terri" on Three's Company... she was hot, sure.. but Chrissy was slightly hotter, though as I've mentioned before, Janet was the real #1 hotness on that series....one of the finest girls in all of tv history, actually.  

...that would be a tough list (Hottest TV Actresses) to narrow down now that I think of it...since y'know, the default is that you have to usually be attractive to be a regular character on a show in the first place.  Janet would still be in that upper echelon of a top 100 list for me though.

Edited by MillionX
50 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Can't you press charges or sue someone who knowingly has HIV and doesn't disclose that to you?

I know that there are states where  there are specific laws about it, and I'm sure even where there isn't there's probably wiggle room to get some sort of reckless endangerment charge out of it.

You can file a lawsuit about it for sure, but I'll be shocked if this guy has much worth taking.

On 1/8/2024 at 3:32 AM, AriesWarlock said:

What point is this leftist twitter user trying to make? Should the cops trample on the Palestinians too?  Is it not possible that the cops involved in the truckers protest aren't the same ones involved with the palestine mob? Is it also possible that those Palestinian had a mature protest while those fat truck drivers were fucking around and got their shit handed to them?

I never understood these international protests in America. What do they all hope will happen, that some guy within Ireal or Paletstine will go "oh shit, these jihad looking college kids are right, We recognize the error in our ways and will now make you all happy by all identifying to a different gender"? Is this is what some of these kids think will happen. 

Why don't these protestors chip in and fly over there instead of trying to convince the USA to send in military people to risk their lives? lol

46 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I know that there are states where  there are specific laws about it, and I'm sure even where there isn't there's probably wiggle room to get some sort of reckless endangerment charge out of it.

You can file a lawsuit about it for sure, but I'll be shocked if this guy has much worth taking.

This is really just kind of fucked up no matter if you're a man or woman.  Cause you're knowingly putting someone's life and livelihood on the line if you have that disease  and you decide to not tell someone.   We're able to sue someone else for spilling hot coffee on ourselves but we don't have a consistent way of going after someone who purposefully gives you a life changing STD is just weird.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

We're able to sue someone else for spilling hot coffee on ourselves but we don't have a consistent way of going after someone who I purposefully gives you a life changing STD is just weird.

Hot coffee business has a lot of money and also business insurance.

Some random fuckboy, not so much.  You can definitely sue him and put him in the poor house, but there's no way the guy has enough money to make up for what he's cost you.

16 minutes ago, blackamania said:

What point is this leftist twitter user trying to make? Should the cops trample on the Palestinians too?  Is it not possible that the cops involved in the truckers protest aren't the same ones involved with the palestine mob? Is it also possible that those Palestinian had a mature protest while those fat truck drivers were fucking around and got their shit handed to them?

I never understood these international protests in America. What do they all hope will happen, that some guy within Ireal or Paletstine will go "oh shit, these jihad looking college kids are right, We recognize the error in our ways and will now make you all happy by all identifying to a different gender"? Is this is what some of these kids think will happen. 

Why don't these protestors chip in and fly over there instead of trying to convince the USA to send in military people to risk their lives? lol

I don't think someone with the handle "end wokeness" is a leftist.

To only be slighty fairer to Mark, he isn't the first and he won't be the last to get tripped up by an A.I. image unfortunately.  That doesn't make Trump being on "the list" any less true though.

Can't say anything about thw Jewish hatred comments though.  If he did send something that that stoked hate then he def deserved to be called out for it.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

If he did send something that that stoked hate then he def deserved to be called out for it.

I don't know what he said, but I'm suspicious about those kind of accusations right now.

Ever since the present round of violence started up, virtually anything that gets said about it gets called hate-speech by people on one side or the other.

18 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

TN and a few other states put laws on the books that exempt drivers from prosecution if they run over "protesters" blocking roadways in some cases after all the 2020 shit. But obviously something like that won't happen in NY.

Edited by DoctaMario

30 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Can't say anything about thw Jewish hatred comments though.  If he did send something that that stoked hate then he def deserved to be called out for it.

Can't find the original comment, but here's one apology

In another apology I can't find right now, he literally said something along the lines of

he regretted his comments were inspiring violence against Jews.

Not to mention he inserts himself and is cool backing up some of the worst presidents

Brazil and Colombia have had

His "hero", Lula, jailed for corruption; other president, Petro, a former member of the Marxist M19 guerrilla. sigh.

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, blackamania said:

never understood these international protests in America. What do they all hope will happen, that some guy within Ireal or Paletstine will go "oh shit, these jihad looking college kids are right, We recognize the error in our ways and will now make you all happy by all identifying to a different gender"? Is this is what some of these kids think will happen. 

They are protesting our government aiding Isreal in its assault on Palastine. They don't think some Isreali is gonna wake up to anything, they would like the Biden Admin to stop aiding them. That's the real goal of the protests. 

I think those kinds of tweets are funny. "Hey you're in the way, your blocking the road and making things difficult for people." No fucking duh, that's the whole point. That's the point of the protest to make shit difficult so you might have to in some way pay attention. 

Edited by RSG3
24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I think those kinds of tweets are funny. "Hey you're in the way, your blocking the road and making things difficult for people." No fucking duh, that's the whole point. That's the point of the protest to make shit difficult so you might have to in some way pay attention. 

What happened to

Find Out Teacher GIF by FOMO Duck

1 hour ago, scorp said:

He wants to be with a woman that he will cheat on and she will stay loyal. Good for him I guess rofl

Based on the snippets of information that came out during the trial. He wanted woman that didn't come home drunk off her ass because he's a public figure and that would reflect on him. TMZ in the bushes everywhere fam. Police can't find out anything in an investigation and TMZ is posting high quality video with audio on their website. They are like the IRS of "news" outlets. You can't hide from them.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

TN and a few other states put laws on the books that exempt drivers from prosecution if they run over "protesters" blocking roadways in some cases after all the 2020 shit.

Personally, both parties should be at fault. While I understand that you shouldn't be in the roadway, there is malicious intent if you stop and consciously choose to harm someone. 

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

he cant be anymore doomed lol

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What happened to

Yeah, it's illegal to be in the roadway, but at the same time, you are making a conscious choice to harm. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Personally, both parties should be at fault. While I understand that you shouldn't be in the roadway, there is malicious intent if you stop and consciously choose to harm someone. 

giphy.gif

Yeah, it's illegal to be in the roadway, but at the same time, you are making a conscious choice to harm. 

The TN law makes clear that hitting them can't be intentional.

Still, when you block rescue vehicles, when you block people from picking up their kids, when you block them from getting to their homes, you're drawing people into your protest against their will, and that isnt right.

Edited by DoctaMario
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What happened to

Nothing, I just find the complaining about something doing what it's intended to do to be really funny. "They're incovenencing me!!" Yea...that's the point lol. 

Protests are ineffectual when they effect no one. The argument imo would be wether this effects anything. 

It probably won't. The gov has no reason to care if your late to work or whatever, and "you" don't really care about what they are protesting, "you're" far more angry that they made you late to work or or the grocery store or whatever. 

Truth is probably that protests don't really work anymore, not enough of society gives enough of a shit to protest in a manner that's big and impact full enough for any of these monoliths, be if gov, or industry, to ever give a single fuck. 

Edit: If you purposefully hit people with your car and your not on a Hollywood set or clear cut self defense or something, then you're a peice of shit, period fucking period. 

Edited by RSG3
41 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Truth is probably that protests don't really work anymore, not enough of society gives enough of a shit to protest in a manner that's big and impact full enough for any of these monoliths, be if gov, or industry, to ever give a single fuck. 

So then what's the point of blocking streets like this, especially if it's going to drive people towards the opposing side of what they're supposedly protesting for? It needlessly antagonizes people who have nothing to do with the protest and just makes the protesters look like a bunch of misguided assholes.

I'm not saying people should run over protesters who are blocking streets,  but if they do, especially after giving the protesters fair warning, it's hard to have sympathy, hence the fuck around/find out part. 

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Still, when you block rescue vehicles, when you block people from picking up their kids, when you block them from getting to their homes, you're drawing people into your protest against their will, and that isnt right.

This is true, and for that reason the new government of Argentina has made blocking the roads illegal. If they want to protest, they have to do it in a spot where it won't interfere with traffic. The previous president even says so, though now her party wants to use protests  as a political tool now that they lost the elections.

Edited by AriesWarlock

So then what's the point of blocking streets like this

Already explained this part, I even said the argument to make is wether its effective or not. They think it is, thays why they do it. I gave yoy my honest thoughts on it which is I don't think it is very effective. Still the entire point of protesting is to disrupt to normal every day in order to make a statement heard. That's the point. 

I'm not saying people should run over protesters who are blocking streets,  but if they do, especially after giving the protesters fair warning, it's hard to have sympathy, hence the fuck around/find out part. 

Actually it's not because assaulting people with your car because of a protest makes you a grade A asshole, thats a very easy judgment call for me to make and I have tons of sympathy for anyone run over by a malicious car driver. 

That kind of shit is one of the reasons why i think the majority of Americans don't deserve a driver license. They are infantile children with a 3k+ lb weapon they feel no actual responsibility for. If they had a bike or walked they wouldn't be so onconvenicened as to feel the need to murder people with a gas powered vehicle lol. 

You gotta be able to prove your life was in pretty imminent danger to justify running over people lol. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times over had sympathy for runner-overer lol. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I love running over protesters in the street. 

But only if they're Palestinian. 

Or Jewish. 

Also, I didn't realize the majority of voters in California have AIDS. 

I appreciate that you are sparing most Muslims, but why run over all Jewish people? That's just a genocide. There are easier ways to get the US government to give you billions of dollars than by needlessly killing people. For example - take out a loan, buy an island, turn it into a resort, secretly invite top ranki-URGHHH.

THEY GOT ME!

Edited by Dayaan