Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

X-men's Greatest Moments:

The birth of Archangel 

X-factor 24-25 (1988) 

Previously on X-men:  Warren had his wings injured by the Marauders during the Mutant Massacre.

They developed gangrene and were ordered to be amputated by Cameron Hodge. 

In despair, Warren took his private jet to fly and was seemingly dead when the plane blew up in mid air.

In secret, Apocalypse replaced his organic wings with metal ones and chose him as his final horseman , DEATH

plot.png

Also, Apocalypse reveals that as long as humanity as existed, he has tested them, posing as various deities..

KALI -MA!

Apocalypse+2.png

This story also marks the first appearance of Ship. After the battle, Apoc lets them have it and they use it as their new HQ for the next few years.

Iceman is able to break Apoc's hold on Warren by letting an "Ice Clone" get killed. (Is this where Sub Zero got his inspiration for the move?)

deeds+indeed.png

snapped+out+of+it.png

🤘Metal Monday🤘

35 years ago this beast of an album was released

The sixth installment in Relapse’s exhaustive reissue campaign of DEATH’S immensely influential catalog is ‘Leprosy’, the band’s titanic second album.

Originally released in 1988 ‘Leprosy’ was a pioneering album, building upon the thrash sounds of Metallica and Slayer but adding a previously unheard level of raw extremity. These songs are the roots of an entire genre: death metal. While this was only the second record Death released, it immediately cemented them as heavy metal icons.

In a poll by the German Rock Hard magazine, Leprosy was voted the number one of the 25 most important death metal albums of all time.

We couldn't get @DoctaMario into some black metal, but we'll get him into old-school death metal 🤘

What Apocalypse did there was a much-needed makeover for Angel....that character was just generally lame until his metal-winged "Death" form.

*at the local place with various old movies, games, etc.... I saw the legendary Manos: The Hands of Fate!  I didn't get it though, as I already have the MST3k dvd version.  

I still laugh whenever I remember my Dad's reaction to seeing that "Manos" movie for the first time; he couldn't stop laughing at that shit.  

....oh yeah, back in the days of Modnation Racers, yes I made a "Torgo" character, even though no one else online probably got the reference at the time.

....ooh, perhaps I should make a Torgo character in Baldur's Gate at some point... as a warlock of course.

20 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

🤘Metal Monday🤘

35 years ago this beast of an album was released

We couldn't get @DoctaMario into some black metal, but we'll get him into old-school death metal 🤘

Actually I like Death. I remember when Chuck died too, it was wild reading about that although I hadn't really listened to them at that point yet.

I wish the black metal singers sounded more like the death metal ones but I can't take the shrieking. I love the instruments and almost wish some of these bands would just go instrumental because I'd rather have no vocals than annoying ones. It double sucks because some of the black metal songs have really cool lyrics but I can't understand any of them and can't be assed to look them all up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And thanks @VirginDefilerfor the early birthday wish lol! It's not till March, but on that day, I'll be thinking of that Mario gif 😂

Edited by DoctaMario
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Actually I like Death. I remember when Chuck died too, it was wild reading about that although I hadn't really listened to them at that point yet.

I wish the black metal singers sounded more like the death metal ones but I can't take the shrieking. I love the instruments and almost wish some of these bands would just go instrumental because I'd rather have no vocals than annoying ones. It double sucks because some of the black metal songs have really cool lyrics but I can't understand any of them and can't be assed to look them all up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And thanks @VirginDefilerfor the early birthday wish lol! It's not till March, but on that day, I'll be thinking of that Mario gif 😂

only thing i know about Death is that richard christy who worked on the howard stern show was Death's drummer

if u can find the howard stern interview of nikki sixx from motley crue....rich christy and nikki talks about him being in death/drumming etc.

but its not on youtube anymore. that part. but here christy is drumming. they say hes one of the greatest rock drummers. he does kick ass.

btw nikki sixx treated christy like a joke till he realized who he was (death's drummer) and his expression changed from "what a loser lol" to..."holy shit, this guy is a way better musician than me and my crew" from amusement to respect in a second.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

There are plenty of black metal bands/singers that use low growls rather than mid/high rasps... I can't think of any off the top of my head lol but they do exist.