Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Bruv you're the main person here who doesn't care about any of these things but it does pose (to me) an interesting question that I wanted to present to anyone who wants to answer. Nothing more. 🙃

Well I mean I meant the question to you earnestly. My bad. Like why are we obsessed with people sexual status? 

Both sides of the spectrum those who over share and those who think labeling people as gay is worth anyone's time. I dunno just seems weird. Do you find a value in it? 

I didn't mean it as a dismissive comment, my bad. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Grappling a woman in public is a super great way to get your ass beat to a fucking pulp by all the dudes there who don't know the context. 

And they will beat your ass, don't think they won't. She starts screaming and you are fucked. For every right thinking dude there are 10 Superman/Punisher wannabes looking for a reason to be a "Hero."

😂 I totally forgot about this. DO NOT ENGAGE. 9-1 MATCHUP. RUN!

35 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well I mean I meant the question to you earnestly. My bad. Like why are we obsessed with people sexual status? 

Both sides of the spectrum those who over share and those who think labeling people as gay is worth anyone's time. I dunno just seems weird. Do you find a value in it? 

I didn't mean it as a dismissive comment, my bad. 

You're fine. I don't really care about what individuals do in their lives, especially celebrities. It's just been a question many debate and I have been seeing an uptick of trans gals stating it's not gay, some tell straight men not to think so hard about it but it does delve deep into what it all means for humans and our desires. 

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I'm absolutely embarrassed watching Biden on the debate stage. Why the fuck are the Dems letting him run again?  😂

Because despite the clear shakiness in the way Biden is answering his question and his cognitive ability being a ?, he's the incumbent and he beat Trump the first time so their hedging their bets on that.  Statistically...MOST incumbents are have an advantage.  Saying this presidential race is unprecedented is putting it mildly. 

Edit:

I'm behind you guys and despite Trump lying and rambling he somehow seems more cognitive than Biden with how shaky he sounds in his answers.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, Lantis said:

I actually think it's kinda cute you think RFK is a legit option

As if we needed a THIRD crazy old goon on the ballot

rfk's 'alternative debate' that he broadcast during cnn debate got 5.4 million views.

vs cnn's 1.5 million views of the debate.

its obvious who the people want. 

seems somehow RFK won the debate that he wasnt included in. thanks cnn 

Edited by VirginDefiler
11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

RFK shouldn't be running. 

RFK, Biden, and Trump shouldn't be running. They are a "Triumvirate of Old Dudes" that a completely off their collective rockers. This would be funny if were parody. For a party that hates Trumps, the Democrats sure didn't hesitate to guarantee him a second term.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 6/21/2024 at 4:51 PM, DangerousJ said:

@axeman61

Did you get an email from Ticketmaster about a data breach that occurred between April -May 2024 and that your info may be compromised?

I bought ticket for Chapelle in June 2023 for an October 2023 show. I haven't seen any extraneous charges yet on the card I used so far.

I already replied to this, saying I didn't see any activity on my card, but it's a debit card (I don't use credit cards).

My bank told me that if there was a breach and my debit card number was compromised, they would have been notified, automatically disabled my card, and sent me a new one. You may want to check with your credit card company and see if the same is true there. I don't think so, as they're different types of cards, but it's worth an ask.

Had to have been one of the worst debates I ever saw last night too to bottom. The moderators were terrible too, they didn't even bother to try to keep them on topic most of the time. Outside of the comedy factory it was awful.

Biden was getting absolutely roasted by the CNN pundits after the debate, with a bunch of them saying they were getting texts from people high up in the party who were freaking out. I fully expect them to replace him with someone else at the convention, but the question is, who will that be and what does that mean for "democracy" since it won't be someone the voters picked?

Edited by DoctaMario
43 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

what does that mean for "democracy" since it won't be someone the voters picked?

On a practical level, not very much- both Biden and Trump were basically anointed as their parties' candidates with only the faintest gloss of a primary process anyway.  So I can't honestly say it would be much different.  Voters still get to vote for or against them in the actual election, so it'll be the same amount of democracy we ever get.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I fully expect them to replace him with someone else at the convention, but the question is, who will that be and what does that mean for "democracy" since it won't be someone the voters picked?

The last Democratic nominee picked by voters was Obama. The DNC went full rig the system mode after that. That basically didn't allow competiton for Biden in the primary despite the fact that anyone with a modicum of intelligence could tell he was unfit to run. Putting a dude with diminished mental capacity on stage with Trump was like leading a lamb to the slaughter.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

oooh I knew the fallout from this was bound to be extra spicy, as sooo many are likely panic mode at the moment of "this is clearly the wrong guy for our political team...something has to be done..."

Whatever happens this will absolutely be the most *entertaining* presidential election in history for this country....for the right or "wrong" reasons, depending on how ya look at it.  Like with so many disasters I enjoy laughing at in the entertainment world, this isn't much different to me.  I'm here to observe just how absurd and hilarious things will get in this ongoing circus clown show

Black And White Vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

edit---actual snapshot of the USA sitting president:

Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Reticently said:

On a practical level, not very much- both Biden and Trump were basically anointed as their parties' candidates with only the faintest gloss of a primary process anyway.  So I can't honestly say it would be much different.  Voters still get to vote for or against them in the actual election, so it'll be the same amount of democracy we ever get.

I'm talking about if they swap him out and nominate someone else at the convention that nobody got to vote for. Which is a possibility unless there's something I'm missing. 

Trump is more popular than any of the Republicans and Biden is the incumbent so them being the nominees makes sense. But it really sounds to me like people are getting more and more nervous about Biden's condition and I've seen an uptick in talk about replacing him in the media, which makes me think they're testing the waters and getting people prepared for the possibility.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The last Democratic nominee picked by voters was Obama. The DNC went full rig the system mode after that. That basically didn't allow competiton for Biden in the primary despite the fact that anyone with a modicum of intelligence could tell he was unfit to run. Putting a dude with diminished mental capacity on stage with Trump was like leading a lamb to the slaughter.

Democrats stay being the most ironically named political party considering all their shenanigans lol

Edited by DoctaMario

y'know that's a little detail of culture and the human condition that interests me---the evolution of dialects and accents.... imagine how the average person sounded when the USA was in the early days, and everyone here was from somewhere else in the world....a lot of brit, french and various african-country accented people...and over time it gradually changed into what the "generic American" accents are today.

...now I'm wondering how obvious are the differences to people in other countries?  I'm assuming they probably could not tell there's a bit of a difference in the typical Florida-born person vs. a Texas person, or someone from Tennessee, etc....it probably all just sounds like "southern American person" accent to them, I bet....and all the northern people probably sound the same to them as well.  Their primary exposure would just be what they've heard in movies and tv shows.