Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

If interpreting the law was either simple or inconsequential, we wouldn't even have judges.

Especially seeing how recent years have made it apparent that "corporations are people" and "Federal agencies aren't allowed to make regulations" are to some people entirely reasonable interpretations.

Again, I think those are both good examples of the system being broken. Nobody said interpreting the law was simple, but it isn't supposed to be such that judges are predictably biased and still be considered fit for the job.

15 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

is zatacon actually btier? i only wonder cuz zat disappears and btier appeared...how come btier didnt appear while zat was here? only after. hmmm. 

Everytime this is brought up, I've regretted my former alcohol dependence and emotional state I was in with him and here generally, but it's a far cry with other places in contrast.

I'm just relieved that I'm not abusing things to cope anymore, regardless of how I've turned out in life.

Lantis, family neglect, poor upbringing, sexual abuse, and being blacklisted were what led to it. It never solved anything, so I've stopped.

Alcohol was pretty brain alternating where I do or say what I normally wouldn't otherwise. It was getting out hand, but Ive chosen that for myself.

Edited by Emptyeyes_

^haha that sounds about the same in terms of "quality" as the entire "mumble rap" era.

*Interview with the Vampire season finale is on now but women's gymnastics is on NBC at the moment; Suni Lee is there looking better than ever....so of course I'll just have to catch the vamp show later; female gymnasts on my tv screen are always a high priority.  Women's Olympic track trials was also on earlier.... yes yes.

Edited by MillionX
2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

^haha that sounds about the same in terms of "quality" as the entire "mumble rap" era.

I can just hear someone who grew up on mumble rap in 10 years when "mute rapping" takes over being like "Man, this shit sucks. At least them mumble rap niggas I liked wrote lyrics. Y'all's favorite 'rappers' just sound like seagulls."

Kind of reminds me of that Todd Snider song "Talking Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" where he talks about a band that doesn't play any music who gets signed and has a whole career until they get dropped from their label in favor of a band that isn't even together 😂

(Seattle Grunge Rock Blues lyrics for anyone interested, it's a hilarious song)

Spoiler

Hey, hey, my, my
Rock and roll will never die
Just hang your hair down in your eyes
You'll make a million dollars

Well, I was in this band goin' nowhere fast
We sent out demos but everybody passed
So one day we finally took the plunge
Moved out to Seattle to play some grunge
Washington state, that is
Space needle
Eddie Vedder
Mudhoney
Now, to fit in fast, we wear flannel shirts
We turn our amps up until it hurts
We've got bad attitudes and what's more
When we play we stare straight down at the floor
Wowee
Pretty scary
How pensive
How totally alternative

Now, to fit in on the Seattle scene
You've gotta do somethin' they ain't never seen
So thinkin' up a gimmick one day
We decided to be the only band that wouldn't play a note
Under any circumstances
Silence
Music's original alternative
Roots grunge

Well, we spread the word through the underground
That we were the hottest new thing in town
The record guy came out to see us one day
And, just like always, we didn't play
It knocked him out
He said he loved our work
He said he loved our work but he wasn't sure if he could sell a record with nothing on it
I said, tell 'em we're from Seattle
He advanced us two and a half million dollars

Hey, hey, my, my
Rock and roll will never die
Just hang your hair down in your eyes
You'll make a million dollars

Well, they made us do a video but that wasn't tough
'Cause we just filmed ourselves smashin' stuff
It was kinda weird, 'cause there was no music
But MTV said they'd love to use it
The kids went wild, the kids went nuts
Rolling Stone gave us a five-star review, said we played with guts
We were scorin' chicks, takin' drugs
Then we got asked to play MTV Unplugged
You should have seen it
We went right out there and refused to do acoustical versions
Of the electrical songs we had refused to record in the first place
Then we smashed our shit

Well, we blew 'em away at the Grammy show
By refusing to play and refusing to go
And then, just when we thought fame would last forever
Along come this band that wasn't even together
Now that's alternative
Hell, that's alternative to alternative
I feel stupid
And contagious

Well our band got dropped and that ain't funny
'Cause we're all hooked on drugs, but we're out of money
So, the other day, I called up the band
I said boys, I've taken all I can
Shave off your goatees, pack the van
We're goin' back to Athens

Speaking of music and things I didn't have on my 2024 bingo card...

Willow Smith made what I think could possibly be the record of the year. It's like this crazy prog-jazz/soul/pop album called empathogen and I'm not even being facetious when I say that it's an incredible record and that I don't think I've every heard anything like it. Never heard any of her stuff before but she's pretty talented and has a killer voice. Got to give her a lot of credit for not coasting on her name and just making music that would be easy to digest.

This song 'symptom of life' is fucking incredible:

I went back to that Walmart that had so many shows and stuff on clearance---today I finally got it; Supernatural.....oh yeah, the entire series set which is 15 seasons.... and that show was from a time when "season" still meant a LOT more episodes of a show than it does now in today's era.  That show was one of the few good ones to come from the CW (so old it was still called "The WB" when this show started)

oh and the clearance price was crazy; normally it's 150 I think but they had it marked down to 75 bucks!

I still think of this great show and it's characters every time I hear that song "Carry on Wayward Son"---they often played it for the first or last episodes of a season....always epic:

Edited by MillionX

she is quite the cutie^....and that place looks fun; I'd definitely go.

On another note---- I always love when there's some harsh truths/tough love spoken about my so-called "tribe"

Various problems will forever be in place though, since there's always the usual backlash the minute you speak "off code" (or even seem like you are about to) so to speak.  Even the slightest criticism will always just get you called a "coon" ....or "self-hating" or "sell-out", "Uncle Tom" etc. if they're trying to be *nice* and not just use the term "coon" for 5 minutes.

14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Speaking of music and things I didn't have on my 2024 bingo card...

Willow Smith made what I think could possibly be the record of the year. It's like this crazy prog-jazz/soul/pop album called empathogen and I'm not even being facetious when I say that it's an incredible record and that I don't think I've every heard anything like it. Never heard any of her stuff before but she's pretty talented and has a killer voice. Got to give her a lot of credit for not coasting on her name and just making music that would be easy to digest.

This song 'symptom of life' is fucking incredible:

Checked it out- reminds me of mid 90s early 2000s alt funk/acid jazz.  Maybe Brand New Heavies or Brooklyn Funk Essentials?

Edited by Reticently

My favorite meme in the past several years has been that series where people keep putting Foghorn Leghorn along with his rambling on some picture out of nowhere....it cracks me up every damn time I see it, since right away I hear that character's voice saying whatever they put in the caption.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/foghorn-leghorn-rambling-speech-pattern-parodies

so this Netflix show "Worst Roommate Ever"....I just saw  another example of how pathetic and weak the American justice system is.  The episode about Rachel and Janie; 2 friends living together.  Janie eventually tried to actually kill Rachel presumably to take custody of her kid and get a life insurance pay-out.  It seems clear as day that this was "attempted murder" on at least 5 occasions from what they said in the episode.....of course not 1 "attempted murder" charge---just 2 counts of something like aggravated assault of a vulnerable person and 1 about acquiring a weapon of mass destruction (vrsa) on the dark web.  I'd assume that last one would also be a serious charge since that gets authorities look at you as a possible terrorist....

...anyway, she got convicted but somehow the sentencing was only "1 to 20" years....and she only served about 2 years....then released on parole.  C'mon, bruh what is THAT weak nonsense?!  Multiple, obviously calculated attempts on this woman's life via drugs, and she is already out right now after serving 2 years.

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/truecrime-janieridd-worst-roommate-ever/

I see---- so a plea bargain and the 3rd charge (buying a weapon of mass destruction) was dropped.

Transformers Greatest Moments:

Bumblebee  (2018)

-Use of color and wide shots so that I can actually discern what is going on?

-Inventive action scenes

-Mix of G1 and Bay designs  (Juggerbrawn is my favorite)

--A likeable human protagonist who isnt overly sexualized and has some decent characterization with a sliver of emotional resonance

You can tell Michael Bay did NOT direct this - the best live TF movie so far (low bar)

8/10

Opening Battle

Bee vs Dropkick

Ending...