Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Injustice 2 was the only fighting game where I made it through the tutorial, and then immediately deleted it

Inj2 is a funny case for me, because me, my brother and some cousins loved playing Inj1, it was one of our main games, so we played it regularly.

By the time that Inj2 rolled out, the game died on our circle after like 3 weeks.

In fact, the game died as a whole on the scene of my country.

And is not like the game was fundamentally different from Inj1 in that the changes made to it made it worse (perhaps it didn't change enough?).

It just simply didn't have staying power and after the 1st month, everyone moved to other games.

40 minutes ago, Sonero said:

UMvC3 and MvCi are on sale this week. UMvC3 is on sale for 7.49 and MvCi: Deluxe Edition is 14.99.

think I'm gonna try and pick up UMvC3.

Apparently so is IInjustice 1 and Injustice 2. Inj1 1 is 4.99 for the Ultimate edition and Injustice 2 is 10 billion dollars with all the DLC.

Inj2 was last week at $3

Dunno if it was with all DLC, but it was dirt cheap

Just now, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, I’ve honestly seen a few TOs saying they’re not running SFV anymore.

Capcom just pulled a Nintendo’nt

My friends that wererunning TO's here in my country for the game are already saying they are dropping SFV from the lineups because of this 🤣

The weeklies on my city are already removing it from this week onwards lol.

3 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

What's the TL;DR please?

You gotta show the SF logo a certain way and there's a code of conduct. So far nothing that should surprise anybody.

Probably this part:

• Qualification Criteria
    1. In order to be qualified as an Event, Your community tournament event must meet the following Criteria:
      1. Your Event involves gameplay of the Game by participants.
      2. The prize pool for the Event must be set and clearly disclosed in advance of the Event in the Event in the Event Rules (see Section III below) and must be under $2,000 USD per Event.
      3. The total prize pool within any given 12-month period must be under $10,000 USD.
      4. The sponsorship contributions must be under $5,000 USD per Event.
      5. The total sponsorship contributions within any given 12-month period must be under $20,000 USD.
      6. No cable or over-the-air TV broadcasts are permitted.
      7. No manufacturing or sale of merchandise products based upon the Game Assets are permitted.
      8. You may not charge any fee to spectators to participate in an Event
    2. For the avoidance of doubt, this Agreement only covers Events and does not grant a license to operate permanent commercial establishments (e.g., arcades, e-sports bars).
    3. If Your event is beyond the scope of the Criteria set forth above, You will need to apply for an e-sports license according to Section IX below.

I can tell you guys with full disclosure that this has been on UltraDavid's mind since at least 2011~2012 from convos I was a part of in IRC.

So any of the clowns that go beating their chest about this, that or the third don't really know what they are doing. Capcom is getting ahead of stuff before it really would become an issue.

Be sure to thank the people who pushed for eSports the hardest; same clowns that harped about Smash at Evo.  They are the real MVPs.

There's a lot of bridge too fucking far nonsense in that community license.

Say we do a Megashock member tournament for a $5 Chik fil A gift certificate.  We have to grant Capcom unlimited license to use our likenesses in perpetuity, agree not to swear to whatever extent THEY think is excessive, and oh yeah already violated this "contract" because Chik fil A is offensive.

Edited by Reticently
10 minutes ago, Reticently said:

There's a lot of bridge too fucking far nonsense in that community license.

they kids wanted eSports. You're already signing similarish stuff when you do tournaments for other stuff. Hell if you go to any professional sports game you're automatically granting similar rights to broadcast and rebroadcast.

4 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah WNF Online seems to have dropped it (*), which is a pretty big one to lose.

* From what I saw someone say anyway, I can’t find a statement or anything yet

I wonder if Team Spooky will drop it, or if they will decide to play ball, considering that they don't have to go with that bs for all the other games they run.

3 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

For me it was DBFZ. I beat story mode to unlock someone and then was like....I don't like this game at all, why did I buy it? 

I have a similar experience, but I did try a couple of matches against the AI, before I deleted it lol

31 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Expected it announced during SF6 announcement but iirc they said nothing

Technically it is already announced, so I expect them to just drop some info a few days in advance about server maintenance and then the patch notes between that day and the actual implementation. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have a specific date announced well in advance for something like this.

32 minutes ago, Sonero said:

It’s a decent read actually. I was expecting him to be more biased to Capcom, and while he’s gentler than most, he still brings up good points as to why this is a terrible idea (like events not hiring good photographers since Capcom will own the rights to the pictures).

I think the most important line is:

“TOs could probably survive without the SFV scene. I’m not sure the SFV scene could survive without TOs.”

10 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

It’s a decent read actually. I was expecting him to be more biased to Capcom, and while he’s gentler than most, he still brings up good points as to why this is a terrible idea (like events not hiring good photographers since Capcom will own the rights to the pictures).

This is what people wanted though. The stream thing kinda sucks but when you stream a game, they're just letting you slide on the copyright usage. So if you stream their game without permission and your face is there, who owns the footage? You wanna run their game and stream it, who is ultimately owning that footage.

People are uppity about this but lets get real beyond real because this is the end result of what people claimed they wanted. Twitter monsters who don't play current capcom games can go on twitter and get people banned from any tournament like they wanted. Capcom now pays attention to the scene and throws money at it which is what capcom wanted. Outside advertisers are coming in because Capcom does official work.

Now FGC gets to be similarish like M:TG tournaments. Last few big tournaments I went to for M:TG, I had to sign waivers for my likeness. If they filmed footage, its their footage forever. If you are going to film footage of this game at a tournament, instead of getting into a piss fight over who owns what, they're just telling you upfront that them being able to use the footage for random goofy things is the downpayment from capcom support.

But a lot of the FGC is apparently ran by children who just want everything how they want it. Should've fucking listened waaaaaaaaaaaay back when a bunch of people constantly told people that eSports was not the way to go. They wanted eSports, this is eSports. You have arrived at your destination. Whether or not other companies follow suit is a different bag of bricks.

As shown from the youtube debacle, if Capcom wants to blow up all the people using their footage of their games overnight, they're able to because Nintendo already proved you can. If they wanna pull games out of tournaments, they can because Nintendo already proved you can.  You wanted Capcom and eSports, you got Capcom and eSports, don't cry about it.

2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I think the most important line is:

“TOs could probably survive without the SFV scene. I’m not sure the SFV scene could survive without TOs.”

With Sony now owning a big stake in Street Fighter and now EVO, this might be Sony's way of telling TOs they may test that assumption at their convenience.  There are going to be plenty of players who would take the Sony money over whatever TO money is out there especially if it's guaranteed if Sony starts doing one of those "you make ______ as a base just for qualifying" type deals.  

eSports is a huge money sunk. We seen how badly shit like Overwatch League tanked and that's a more popular game and had big money behind it. Street Fighter competitive isn't surviving unless it has the grassroots to piggy back from.

Reading their rules it feels like Capcom doesn't want any other events to be able to eclipse Capcom Cup. Pulling WWE type shit

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Reading their rules it feels like Capcom doesn't want any other events to be able to eclipse Capcom Cup. Pulling WWE type shit

Which is why I think Sony had their ear.  It's not just about Capcom Cup, it's about EVO as well and who owns it, and how they want to push it back to the forefront as the world finals of fighting games.  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 hours ago, delete_me said:

Technically it is already announced, so I expect them to just drop some info a few days in advance about server maintenance and then the patch notes between that day and the actual implementation. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have a specific date announced well in advance for something like this.

Yeah i know, but i was hoping for last patch to be something big worth of extra announcement, but end up likely is'nt the case

11 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Which is why I think Sony had their ear.  It's not just about Capcom Cup, it's about EVO as well and who owns it, and how they want to push it back to the forefront as the world finals of fighting games.  

Hey remember when Namco blew the fuck out that one start up group doing shows on Twitch? The ones that had the belt and everything. From one week to the next they had to get rid of Tekken 7 from their line up.

:coffee:

21 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Easy peasy:

1) They're giving you code of conduct to deal with things.  People who are going to really do terrible stuff can't really skate on it anymore. This is what twitter wanted so go talk to the super vocal people who still bring up infiltration and Noel Brown. Part of this is precisely to avoid those situations.

2) If Capcom has an official list of people running weeklies, you can then ask them for a page people can use to find them. WoTC had this functionality back in the 00s. You could look up all the stores with sanctioned events and find a place to play. Still is the case as far as I know.

3) This isn't about that. Locals not being shit asses and being supportive of new players creates a "locals to majors" pipeline. This whole questions is dumb AF because it shoehorns the FGC into only being tournaments. You can have a very fulfilling time in this hobby just playing locals.

4) Nintendo bodied several people already; Namco Bandai took it out on poeple. Nut up or shut up. Capcom can either be in front of issues or way behind them. If caught behind them from trying to give people slack, then everybody goes on twitter and shit on them anyways. So suck a nut. Welcome to eSports.

I am loving how most tos are just telling capcom to get fucked with that nonsense of licencing agreements. 

I know some people still love them, but i do hope this finally makes the fgc, specially the usa one to move to other avenues, since being capcom centric has been a detriment for the most part.