Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

It may also be just Capcom wants to throw off people and speculating on something that isn't there or planned yet.

Or something that what Capcom wants us to think even there are none yet, for now.

There is a chance that they would still explore in SF3 but there is a huge chance also of a reboot or a retcon game.

Not because it's Capcom but because its invietable to happen and many franchise that are fighting games have been doing the same thing also to restore the other character and appeal of the franchise 

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

What if they add a new version of  storymode in-game(In-SFV) but set in alpha timeline instead

Yes it does seem VERY likely that Capcom would make an entire new story mode for a game that's been out for years specifically to focus on Street Fighter Alpha...

That is FAR more likely than them making a re-introductory game to rope in a whole bunch of new fans with a starting point by launching a "STREET FIGHTER" game as a reboot ESPECIALLY since the name "STREET FIGHTER" actually has virtually ZERO relative baggage because no one paid attention to the first Street Fighter game

But yeah. New Story Mode. Definitely. Super likely.

30 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

es it does seem VERY likely that Capcom would make an entire new story mode for a game that's been out for years specifically to focus on Street Fighter Alpha..

Daaaaaaamn at that sarcasm lol

But I'd agree the amount of work that would have to go into putting together a whole new story mode in SFV would be a financial and time sink that wouldn't pay off. 

Or at least that's what I'm hoping. Putting a whole new single player experience into a 5 year old game would essentially mean that SFV is a GAS and SF6 is never coming 

It's too early to assume but what I was just thinking of possibilities and implementation

Yet a series reboot is inevitable at some point.

It might be not in this decade but it would happen like every pop culture franchise does.

It is always to consider that Capcom can be mischievous on hints like they did in S2 and also Box Art Megaman

So it just be them wanting to throw off people and build anticipation to something that wasn't there.

As long they didn't claim something or it's not from a leak from there offices people can doubt it's existence.

Edited by Shakunetsu

I'm still not sold on a total reboot or even a reboot at all. I can see a story involving "time travel" with Rose sending her consciousness back, making changes/preparations and then being armed with knowledge or discovering a weakness and using it in the present. Like I said in my post, this feels very Days of Future Past-like, and that wasn't a Crisis on Infinite Earth's level reboot for X-men, but was a major storyline that dealt with one apocalyptic future and they still could forge on.

Capcom's gotten a lot of love with some of their newer editions and since SF4 people have wanted more of the SF3 cast. To hurl them away again, just seems like a terrible decision. Like I've said elsewhere, I think this plot point ties to the reason the 5th character is a mystery. So until this season ends and more points in the direction of a reboot, I don't think we should be shouting that the sky is falling.

You know, I really like Rose's quote to F.A.N.G about his loyalty to Bison.

Rose to F.A.N.G: "Far deadlier than the poison you wield is the loyalty you pledge to your leader."

We see F.A.N.G go from attempting to assassinate Bison to worshipping the ground he walked on immediately after. And we know it wasn't fake worship, either. F.A.N.G's quotes and role during the story shows he'll eliminate anyone who opposes (or even offends) Bison. None of the Kings ever demonstrated anywhere close to the level of loyalty as him...and they've been rolling with Bison for far longer. 

It's going to be very interesting to see where Fang and the other 4 Kings go from this point onward. Rose's quote to him seems to imply that he likely loyal to Bison even when he's dead and Shadaloo is no more, it's possible that in his loyalty for his master that he might even try to resurrect him...

I'm also interested in seeing where Capcom will take Vega next since we haven't had any hints like what happened with Balrog and Sagat.

53 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

I'm still not sold on a total reboot or even a reboot at all. I can see a story involving "time travel" with Rose sending her consciousness back, making changes/preparations and then being armed with knowledge or discovering a weakness and using it in the present. Like I said in my post, this feels very Days of Future Past-like, and that wasn't a Crisis on Infinite Earth's level reboot for X-men, but was a major storyline that dealt with one apocalyptic future and they still could forge on

In tarot your supposed to communicate or receive messages from your Higher Self or the Mature Self.

So basically it's would be her doing another tarot reading, If they would be going for realistic tarot way.

This is why Rose design so good, from everything she does has a interconnected theme from her powers and gameplay like doing astral projection(doppelganger) and communicating from herself in a different realm.

So if they would be doing it with the natural tarot way they don't need time travel or sending consciousness like other did.

but rather more sending a sign as a warning in a form of tarot reading.

if they would go more fictional instead they might do the consciousness things or sending visions to dreams.

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I remember how back in SF4 Rose said that the fool is one who can put a stop to Bison. Come SF5 we know that G represents the fool. Maybe it was G who was suppose to defeat Bison this whole time.

In SF4 Ryu was the fool and come SF5 that was fulfilled. Now G is the fool in another reading. There's no connection, necessarily.

When dealing Tarot, cards have different meanings depending on for whom's reading, what's being read for and for how far you're looking. 

Also, while individual cards have individual meaning, their purpose also changes, depending on what card is dealt before and also after it. 

Not that I think Capcom's writers are thinking that far ahead or that in depth abou it (they did add the supposed "final boss" of SFV in season 3 after all), but there's at least a way that both readings of the Fool card are correct, without contradicting anything, based on the actual "rules" of real life divination. 

Or, of course, they can connect the too, there's certainly leeway, but I don't think there's any connection imo.

8 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm surprised Oro didn't act like a perverted old man in Rose's story. That was one of his character traits in 3rd.

Eh, kinda.  He's not, like, a sex pest like Roshi.  He just assumes all cute girls are coming on to HIM.  Because why wouldn't they?

7 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

What if they add a new version of  storymode in-game(In-SFV) but set in alpha timeline instead

If they try and do Alpha without doing an anime art style, I will throw molotovs.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I remember how back in SF4 Rose said that the fool is one who can put a stop to Bison. Come SF5 we know that G represents the fool. Maybe it was G who was suppose to defeat Bison this whole time.

The fool was supposed to be Ryu, And the Fool in Tarot is more reflecting a role that Ryu journey against Akuma or Bison.

The fool in tarot is something being a literal fool. I felt that Capcom now didn't put mcuh research on the new Rose in tarot symbolism and etc.

7 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

The fool in tarot is something being a literal fool. I felt that Capcom now didn't put mcuh research on the new Rose in tarot symbolism and etc.

The Persona games always presented the fool as a wild card with unlimited potential. It's usually why the main character is always the fool. G fits that definition far better than Ryu. 

22 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The Persona games always presented the fool as a wild card with unlimited potential. It's usually why the main character is always the fool

Yes that was it supposed too,  like in persona.

It's the heroes journey and how narrative construction and  development works, kinda similar how you read the lay of a tarot cards when you ask question.

Basically everyone can be a fool when starting a journey which you will get a transformation card either something like Death or Devil then the cards or a card that you might turned into. 

But it's kinda going opposite with G

The thing is we don't know anything about G because he wasn't out for a encounter or a journey that would soon bump in a Devil or Death  a unstoppable trans-formative power ( Can be an event or an entity some like a road block that needed to be overcome ) that would alter his way of living and point of view in life.

G is a more of representation a ambiguous and a mysterious powerful individual that change most SF characters  that he encounters not him being change by others. That's not how the fool is.

Because most of the story in SFV is about G changing people outlook of other people, that's not how the fool should operate and interact with the events. That's the OPPOSITE.

For example It's like more that Rose is the FOOL when she mets G then acquire knowledge after the encounter. which change her perspective in SF later.

Edited by Shakunetsu

Did a brief search, don't think it's been mentioned yet. Just got wallsplatted on the Lair Of The Four Kings stage as Rose, the screen intel reads... "Former Apprentice".

Z.png?width=810&height=456

Edit: I should have known Doc had caught it, I only did a text search! Still find this aspect interesting though.

Edited by JustBrowsing
Edits were needed.

Rose's story intrigues me the most so far out of a majority of SFV characters. It did two things for me which I discussed with Midgardsorm. For one the whole reboot concept is something I didn't expect although I was thinking it may not be alluding to a reboot per say. I was thinking that SFV Rose is either projecting her memories to her past self and her past self misinterprets the doomsday as Bisons doing but it is in fact Gs doing ....or they're actually setting up for a reboot of some sort. Also it establishes G's importance to the story. If he is indeed the Fool card as Rose states than that means the Fool card has transitioned from Ryu to G. The Fool card was one that represents a profound change. Ryu was originally the Fool card as he was the one destined to defeat Bison, but now since he's fulfilled that the Fool card is now represented by a new character.  If G is supposed to represent a new change and Rose is getting bad vibes from him than there's definitely more than meets the eye to him. G doesn't seem like a threat at first glance but you can tell there is something dubious about him. The fact that we know very little about him makes him more interesting because you have to speculate about the character. Rose's story actually made me more interested about G (and by extension Q) to the point I feel like @Shockdingo trying to come up with different theories on who or what he is and what his place in the future of SF is. 

Edited by bakfromon

I have a feeling that G is also messing with Rose reading

because G's interaction with everyone not just Rose, which I mentioned before in SRK is kinda wrong

It's kinda like G pulled a reverse to rose

d48b259a14674adea855d9dacd9af0ba.jpg

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

The Fool card was one that represents a profound change. Ryu was originally the Fool card

The fool is kinda represent of a journey from innocence, optimism, confidence, enthusiasm 

Then gaining a new life perspective or will change the way they would live there life. 

It's also a major outlook change 

It doesn't fits G unless G will be turned into SOMETHING ELSE that is out of his expectation

Which makes the Fool thing relevant as his fate because the change is huge and it's him being change

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryu was "The Fool" in Alpha because of the chance of him being either Bison New Body or being taken over by Satsu No Hadou

Which he overcome his trials and the change didn't go the other path that Rose was warning Ryu.

While G's  interaction with others contradict The FOOL 

Like his encounter with Rashid, Gill, Menat and Now Rose. Those characters are "The FOOL" not G in each of their individual stories. 

it doesn't matter if G lost or win in those battles, 

What matter is that G change the world view of those he encountered that either defeat him or he won against

The Fool card would only make sense with G if his fate is to be Q in the future

artworks-000119872059-0bx0nb-t500x500.jp

I'm not in favor of G becoming Q but that's the likely route for the FOOL

G is a character that has the knowledge that those he encounter are unaware or it's not the other way around

It's G that alter the perspective of others because he have something that others do not understand or do not clear know.

I like Q to be a different and separate character...

but G being "The Fool" is routing for to "G" to descend not transcend or overcome because he doesn't exist in SF3

If he overcome it with all his "worldly goals" he should have been something in SF3 timeline... It's like his fate is to be Q afterall

-----------------------------------------

The fool is not about transforming OTHERs, It's about someone that would under go transformation because of an event, either he would overcome and trancend or the other side that is about decend and negative

Unless G is able to messed up Rose readings in someway or form

I was hoping before Rose released that Capcom would do something with G that make him not the Fool

or Rose is able to change G's perspective but it turned differently

Edited by Shakunetsu

The thing we need to realize is that normies do not give a damn about Street Fighter's actual story and that is LARGELY and almost ENTIRELY Capcom's fault for their miserable handling of it over the last...uh...forever.

A reboot seems absolutely inevitable because it's probably the smart business move. People are even less invested in SF's story than MK's because SF never EVER had a well-received mainstream telling of its story. Period. MK did so people gave a damn about the story beats to some extent.

SF has none of that.

None of it.

They can wipe the slate clean and start new and the vast VAST majority of people won't care and the people they might be able to get to buy into the new story will likely vastly outnumber the people upset about the old canon being thrown away.

11 minutes ago, Dracu said:

What does it say about Slammasters?

Nothing. It's the old belief around here that Capcom never speaks about Slammasters (still nothing on CFN profiles...) because of some obscure rights problem with Tetsuo Hara. Nothing certain, mere speculation. Now that Hara works together with Capcom again, "hey guys, maybe they will speak again about Slammasters!".

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
10 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Nothing. It's the old belief around here that Capcom never speaks about Slammasters (still nothing on CFN profiles...) because of some obscure rights problem with Tetsuo Hara. Nothing certain, mere speculation. Now that Hara works together with Capcom again, "hey guys, maybe they will speak again about Slammasters!".

Oh, I see. Thanks! 

Capcom doesn't strike me as a company particularly into reboots, at least the Japanese side of the company. The only exception has been the DmC reboot and see how well that went. Capcom is more like the company that has never rebooted its more mainstream and more story-focused Resident Evil franchise, whose lore is just as tortuous and who doesn't even use a floating timeline like Street Fighter, so the incident of Raccoon City happened in 1998, RE7 is set in 2017, and Chris and Jill are probably close to their 50s at this point.

Rose's line is maybe a suggestion that Zero 4 might happen, but even if something like that actually happens it's probably going to add to the existing story rather than rewrite it.

6 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

so the incident of Raccoon City happened in 1998, RE7 is set in 2017, and Chris and Jill are probably close to their 50s at this point.

According to Village, Chris should be 44 years old. The characters aging is probably going to throw some wrenches in unless they do prequels, more remakes or make future games take place very shortly after one another. 

50 minutes ago, Dracu said:

What does it say about Slammasters?

None yet, I just hope they would had

Additionally it's more than just CFN profiles

• Slammaster Games never did appear from any Capcom Arcade Compilation Titles, Unlike other Capcom titles from 80s and 90s
  • Slammaster Characters never did appear to countless crossover by Capcom

In Japan there are many Capcom crossover mobile games and japan exclusive games that had character from various Capcom franchise

• Capcom Super League Online
  • Street Fighter × All Capcom 
  • Mina to Capcom All Star 
  • Namco X Capcom
  • Project X Zone titles

Capcom Arcade Compilation way back PSX up to modern console

• Capcom Generation
  • Capcom Classic Collection
  • Capcom Arcade Cabinet
  • and Capcom Arcade Stadium 

The last time it went to home console was in SNES

You don't also see some merch base from Slammaster in Capcom Japan Store.

Capcom Japan  did have even old classic merch except Slammasters

It's not somekind of coincidence

Dungeon's N Dragons in CPS2 did get some release in form of Home Entertainment port also. 

This had the same case of Alien VS Predator CPS2 before when it was still solely under FOX

but lately after some corporate change, in 2019 Alien VS Predator CPS2 is now finally okay to be included in a form of Home Entertainment.

Then Playable Characters from Alien VS Predator CPS2 did had Action Figure release after many of years, like Linn Kurusawa

NECA-Dutch-and-Linn-2-Pack-002.jpg

10022501-e1519882339604.jpg

When Capcom wasn't able to reuse her they create a substitute for their other games

tumblr_inline_oyep07ZBA51sc4vz3_500.png

Edited by Shakunetsu
15 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

Did a brief search, don't think it's been mentioned yet. Just got wallsplatted on the Lair Of The Four Kings stage as Rose, the screen intel reads... "Former Apprentice"

I remember reading in one of these threads that Rose and Bison had the same teacher. Then Bison decided  to take steroids like a dirty Mark McGuire while Rose worked on her game like a wholesome Ken Griffey Jr.

so it could be that Rose is in full control of soul powers i.e. no longer an apprentice. Bison had to use all sorts of technology to get his psycho power to where he could teleport. Rose is teleporting without the aid of any of that.  She is also placing orbs in place and shooting kameamehas at people.

It may be less about her relationship to bison and more about Rose's relationship to soul power.

9 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Capcom doesn't strike me as a company particularly into reboots, at least the Japanese side of the company. The only exception has been the DmC reboot and see how well that went. Capcom is more like the company that has never rebooted its more mainstream and more story-focused Resident Evil franchise, whose lore is just as tortuous and who doesn't even use a floating timeline like Street Fighter, so the incident of Raccoon City happened in 1998, RE7 is set in 2017, and Chris and Jill are probably close to their 50s at this point.

Chris and Jill should be in there early to mid 40s by this point. I know that Jill was 23 during the original RE and Chris 25. Chris was 39 IIRC during RE6.

20 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Or that she was a fellow apprentice of the same master.

No. Rose outright tells Bison in Alpha3 that she used to call him Master. She was always his student until he abandoned her to pursue his dreams/her nightmares.

It's been staring us in the face for decades and people still hung on to bullshit that inevitably lead us into the Legend of Chun-Li movie. Curse you Plot Guide!

Edited by Daemos

I wonder if this is all going to lead to SFIII being effectively noncanon since Gills whole plot in 3 is p much trying to gather the worthy to survive the apocalypse that he foresaw, which i assume is the same one Rose has seen. 

I can't help but feel like they'll take a page out of avengers endgame and make it so maybe youre playing key events in the SF history to try and change them or something but the actual bulk of the game will be set past SFV/mid SFIII era. That way they don't have to leave out the SFIII characters but still have a plot based around going back in time and shit. Basically have their cake and eat it too. Idk just that one fucking tease has left me super shook as to the future of SF plot lol, I for sure don't want it to just be MK style reboot.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

Let it be known now and forever - I TOLD YOU SO!

Bison's other half my ass! Where is LordVega? Someone call him in here let me rub it in!

Look, I get you're looking for a different outcome there, and I hope you get it, but "former student" is in no way clear, or conclusive without confirmation of WHO she's the former student of.