Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

24 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I really do hope they are physical but even if it is not a MvC collection or hell just MvC2 is an instant buy for me. 

The Punisher beat em up is a weird addition, kind of wish they included the console side scrollers as well.

Edit: Prime 4 being in 2025 does make me hope it will be a showcase for the rumored ability of the Switch successor to enhance Switch games. It would suck if you buy one only to find out the better version comes out later... 

Capcom Fighter Arcade Collection threw in Puzzle Fighter when it's not a fighter. Punisher being a threw in game doesn't matter me.

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Capcom Fighter Arcade Collection threw in Puzzle Fighter when it's not a fighter. Punisher being a threw in game doesn't matter me.

You are right, and it is their first Marvel game collaboration which lead into X-Men and beyond so their is historical logic to it being there.

I guess it is finally time for me to see how giant game Kingpin actually looks like first hand.

Honestly, M&L Brothership is my favorite announcement from the direct. It was such great way to open the direct, a great pace setter, a welcomed surprised and the game just looks great. The art style translates really well to the switch. 

im sad we don’t get to see our girl Starlo, again. That’s likely due to the now defunct alphadream likely owned the rights to the character. Same reason we likely won’t see Fawful. 

This direct was awesome for me. Starting off with Mario and Luigi woke me up. I loved the first three games growing up and thought it would be dead along with Alphadream. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for it.

The new Mario Party was also super exciting to see. Me and my siblings love playing Mario Party, but the latest game was getting stale. I know they’re going to freak when I show them this. Hope they add DLC with this game.

Last but not least, the Edgeworth collection had me screaming. Not only is the first game hard to find, the second game never was released in the west. After trying to live vicariously through playthroughs, I’m happy so can finally play these games. With all but PWvsPL being rereleased, I hope that means a new Ace Attorney is in the works.

I'm sure the reason why Disney agreed to this port was to rehabilitate the image of X-Men after their "downplaying" of the franchise in the 2010s.

Now after the muted reaction to MCU films after Avengers endgame, they need to endear the X-Men to the general public and they are riding the X-Men 97 hype train to do it.

23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I wonder if xmen 97 had anything to do with Cyclops being front and center on the new Capcom collection?

Im probably grasping at straws but I feel like the show did so much to repair that character's image after what the movies did to him. Lmao

I think that it is mostly due Cyclops being the shoto of the Xmen games tbh.

When I first looked at the trailer for DKCRHD I was like man they really just straight up ported the game.  Looks like they hadn't done anything but this upon looking at video side by side and scrutinizing it they actually did put some work into it

The thing that's most noticable are the character models for DK and Diddy.  I can't tell if they've been remodeled completely or not but they definitely have more polygons and either textures were either reworked or replaced...namely actually adding fur on the characters and Diddy's hat being more rounded.  Also looks like they may have at least did some work on the heads since the noses were either retexured to better take advantage of normal mapping or they actually modeled the noses in.  Ears were definitely remodeled.    The backgrounds are harder to tell any real difference at least from a modeling point of view.  Textures are more high res and looks like the lighting on most areas has changed for the better.  Looks like they might have changed the watera texture effects a bit on the stage with the rocket barrel and the ship firing.  Yeah they also retouched the water textures since it's noticable on the sillouette level.

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I think that it is mostly due Cyclops being the shoto of the Xmen games tbh.

Im sure thats it but I know the last decade or so Wolverine was kind of the front man along with Ryu (even when they brought MVC2 and origins to PS3) .

Neat seeing Cyke back in the spotlight again tho

5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Im sure thats it but I know the last decade or so Wolverine was kind of the front man along with Ryu (even when they brought MVC2 and origins to PS3) .

Neat seeing Cyke back in the spotlight again tho

IIRC Cyke was actually the front man for the Marvel side during XvsSF marking so I think they just wanted to make a call back to that.  Edit: Probably should specify more so for the arcade because the handshake between these 2 during the intro for the game is seared into my brain.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I won't complain about extras, but including The Punisher on that collection is random as fuck. I mean, War of the Gems and Mutant Apocalypse were RIGHT there. Lmao

They should have went full based and went Aliens vs. Predator to fit the theme of Vs. Series

like others have mentioned I think the reason they went with Punisher is it’s the first game Marvel and Capcom collaborated on. 

41 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I won't complain about extras, but including The Punisher on that collection is random as fuck. I mean, War of the Gems and Mutant Apocalypse were RIGHT there. Lmao

Punisher was the game that got Capcom and Marvel working together. Without Punisher there is no existence to those games. 

Punisher makes perfect sense as the toss in imo. 

Edited by RSG3
15 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Well the title does say "arcade classics" and sadly neither game is LOL

Not a dig on any of those games, which I think are great BTW

I was hoping that the usual suspects wouldn't try to grift on the Zelda game...and surprisingly enough the main one who I'm not naming isn't.  However some of the people he's riled up previously are definitely trying to say their usual dumb talking points.  I wouldn't bother looking stuff up unless you're morbidly curious...it's just gonna make you want to leave the planet.  I'm just....so tired....

extra

I dint like the phrasing "conditioned to rent." They haven't been conditioned or brain washed or anything. They where presented with an amazing deal and they took it and now MS has a huge issue with the fact they basically told us everything's over priced and they could just let us get all the games we want for a flat fee. .

Thats not conditioning. Thats Presenting a deal so fucking good there's no incentive to actually engage withbthe market. Conditioned makes it sound like the gamers got screwed when it's the gamers who won and now developers and publishers have to scramble to justify the prices they charge cuz Gamepass is too fucking good. Microsoft devalued their own market place all on their own.