Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general: Getting Wildly Assaulted in the Keyhole

Last night I started to lab some snazzy (but not too hard) air combos with Millia, so I finally have something to go for if H Disk hits.

Also, the height off the red RC juggle is about the same so it allows for air combo follow-ups as well, which is giving me some nice metered conversions off standing Ps and throws. Unfortunately, you need that slow down bubble to pop them up 

5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Last night I started to lab some snazzy (but not too hard) air combos with Millia, so I finally have something to go for if H Disk hits.

Never let H Disk hit, got it. 🤓

I finally got some lab time in too. I basically just dove into matches during the online beta since time was so limited so it was a lot of flailing wildly. Now that the game is here I feel more comfortable taking an evening and checking stuff out. I may even have a corner combo! Though I'm sure I'll forget it/fuck it up come game time.

12 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I may even have a corner combo! Though I'm sure I'll forget it/fuck it up come game time.

The way the wall works is so confusing to me. It seems like it works a bit differently based on spacing from the wall (momentum) as well as delays between hits, the hits themselves, and just previous damage to it, so I’m sure it’ll fuck up your combos even if you don’t lol

Yeah the wall definitely takes a lot of getting used to. I think that is going to be one of the first breakpoints for players who really "get" the game and players who are kinda plugging along. You need to keep an eye on how many impacts your wall interactions are generating, and if you are trying to actively combo you need to know which of your hits are going to bounce vs stick. If you lose track you can beef it all up with an unexpected stick and miss your break opportunity, or worse.

I was mostly working on "ideal" scenarios, which yeah aren't ever gonna happen. 😄 But just practicing in general does feel like it helps because part of understanding this mechanic is just trying stuff and seeing what happens. Literally throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Starting disco the week of strive was a giant mistake on my part. My wife is seriously cutting into my gaming time. She just sits behind me and stares at the back of my head while I lab cause she wants us to play disco lololol

Soooo after the dance lessons it's more reruns of Happy Days and Three's Company?  A'ight. 

I'm just now installing Strive (hey I live in the last civilized timezone to wake up)  while also trying to work on the same net connection.  This is gonna be a long workday. 😣

Edited by Pair of Rooks

@Volt regarding arcade mode

Spoiler

I’ve only played Millia’s arcade mode, but no, there were no cutscenes. Just the usual conversation before any regular match, though they added a bit to before/after the last fight.

Keep in mind Millia has fuck all to do with the story, but I have read that one character’s arcade dialogue seems to imply it occurs after the story mode, but I don’t know who that was or what the reference was…

if you’re wondering about doing arcade modes before the story, I’d just hop into the story. It’s definitely not a prequel to the story like Xrd was.

the last fight is really fun though.

Edited by Mattatsu
3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

@Volt regarding arcade mode

Hide contents

I’ve only played Millia’s arcade mode, but no, there were no cutscenes. Just the usual conversation before any regular match, though they added a bit to before/after the last fight.

Keep in mind Millia has fuck all to do with the story, but I have read that one character’s arcade dialogue seems to imply it occurs after the story mode, but I don’t know who that was or what the reference was…

if you’re wondering about doing arcade modes before the story, I’d just hop into the story. It’s definitely not a prequel to the story like Xrd was.

the last fight is really fun though.

Figured as much. Guess I won't have to deal with characters I don't want to use in Arcade then.

21 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

For you kids out there:  disco was the music (and dance) craze of the 1970s.  Think John Travolta in the movie Saturday Night Fever.

Protip: don't forget the Elysium

I legit thought you thought I was practicing disco dancing with my wife. 

And elysium is a tricky word. It always looks wrong to me. 

I'm all about the efficiency, baby 

So, i am very basic at this game and will probably be for a while but some stuff i found in training mode if anyone here besides me plays I-NO 

Kick x F.Punch x chemical romance

kick x dust sweep x slash tree 

H.Slash Tree x slash x slash tree x kick x chemical romance 

Back. H Slash x slash tree x kick x chemical romance

Floor 7 scrub life but i won few matches 

Red-Screenshot-2021-06-11-13-28-36-33.pn

Bit of a side issue, and very nerdy, but I like to get canvas prints of games for my gaming room/office, and this game is going to bloody overwhelm the walls if I don't control it - tiny little 20x20 cm screenshots like this from games I've had with friends -  I could get dozens of them done, and still not be finished.

canvas1.jpg

Edited by JustBrowsing
2 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Anyone else wanna join the room feel free. I'm wanting to see if Volt & me's connection is even playable. 

These servers are *melting* right now.

Sorry for the delay. Still trying to get back to the tutorial.