Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

1 minute ago, delete_me said:

Bit weird, I really love Manon's upper half in that costume but I think the lower half looks extremely dumb. I get the idea (model on top, ballet themed below) but boy it doesn't work for me at all.

What I've always liked about Capcom is that you can always infer from the character's canon costumes who they are. This is further expounded upon through the model animation. It's something they should pride themselves on because many if not most Tekken and MK character aesthetic blur into one another and don't really tell you much about the character's personality.

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Jesus Christ Cammy's classic outfit is all everyone could wish for and more. And they even put her Level 3 in the trailer for good measure.

It's a bit hilarious looking back at that power point presentation that implied they were going to tone down the game. This turned out just as horny as SFV, but without the censorship.

Yeah this really has me confused.

I mean after the whole Mika jiggle fiasco, i didn't think they would ever push it that far again!

Thong Cammy, Uncensored Juri , gotta luv how CAPCOM is like "Screw this!! THIRST TRAP ACTIVATE!!!"

1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Bit weird, I really love Manon's upper half in that costume but I think the lower half looks extremely dumb. I get the idea (model on top, ballet themed below) but boy it doesn't work for me at all.

Edit: Marisa's has some great colours.

This is exactly what I think about that costume word for word I thought it was just me. Hopefully I’ll like it more in motion, but if not I’m sure Capcom has a dozen more alts already in the pipeline.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Seems they hired usual color-blind person  with the mission of keep alive dat SF traditional "2/3 decent out 10" ratio

That's basically most fighting games. The alt colors more often than not are just shit, and if we're lucky they may do a reference to another character or property kinda like Skullgirls or DBFZ or Cross Tag 

32 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Random, somewhat emotional post, but it occurred to me that with SF6 launching tomorrow, I will never play SFV again.

And while I’m certainly okay with that, lol, SFV is one of the most impactful games in my life… 6 years ago I created an account on SRK to ask the SFV Lounge how good it was for single player content. Through that post, I got SFV, and through that thread, I eventually met all of you, learned about tournaments and the FGC, ran an Ethernet cable to my PS4 and finally got my ass online.

SFV is definitely not my favourite FG (by a long shot), but it’ll always be the most impactful one to me. I know I haven’t been around much lately, but just started feeling sentimental and wanted to shout you guys out a bit and say thanks.

its-terrible-day-for-rain-its-not-rainin

4 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

simultaneous worldwide release? 

I've seen this posted a few times, apparently from GreenManGaming's Discord:

Street Fighter 6 Pre-Purchase PC Keys
Capcom have informed us that Street Fighter 6 will be having a split launch, meaning the game will release at different times across different regions. If you have pre-purchased any edition of Street Fighter 6 through Green Man Gaming, please see below for the estimated date/time we will be sending out the keys for each region:
• ROW - 1st June at 17:00 BST
• CIS - 2nd June at 00:00 BST
• LATAM - 2nd June at 05:00 BST

If not BS, a person who saw it asked GMG if it was when they'd be sending out keys, or launch - was told it was launch times. I'm trying to take this with a huge pinch of salt..

Here’s some more info on the shop and battle pass system, as well as clubs and online ranking

https://twitter.com/Juicebox_FGC/status/1664277910159773700?s=20

fwiw, I don’t mind the battle pass system (not my favourite but whatever), but I hope you can trade drive tickets in for fighting coins. It would be super lame to me if you needed to spend real money to get the default costume colours 3-9 for the base roster 

Edited by Mattatsu
53 minutes ago, JustBooming said:

I've seen this posted a few times, apparently from GreenManGaming's Discord:

If not BS, a person who saw it asked GMG if it was when they'd be sending out keys, or launch - was told it was launch times. I'm trying to take this with a huge pinch of salt..

I'm not sure of the accuracy of this, it's it true SF6 would unlock at noon EST. The UK is five hours ahead of us. Which would make it 16:41 BST as of this post.

17 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Doesn’t modern controls have serious damage debuff? I fought a couple people in the beta using it and I swear my hits did like double the damage.

If you do a special or super using the special move button, it does 20% less damage. I don’t believe the auto combos lose any damage except for the specials and/or supers.

from what I understand, you can still do manual inputs in modern controls and not get the damage penalty.

the damage penalty may be worthwhile to whiff punish a medium in neutral with a level 3 super with the press of a button or something

Did my final ranked matches against a strong Falke player last night and managed my highest points average than I've had since 2019. Had a ft20 with a long time rival and won it to cap end my SFV experience. I went into training mode to say goodbye Kolin and then deleted the game. It's been an insane 7 years and SFV means allot to me. Funnily enough I didn't feel sad when deleting the game, just melancholy. Here's to you Kolin and to another 7 years of SF.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, TWINBLADES said:

Did my final ranked matches against a strong Falke player last night and managed my highest points average than I've had since 2019. Had a ft20 with a long time rival and won it to cap end my SFV experience. I went into training mode to say goodbye Kolin and then deleted the game. It's been an insane 7 years and SFV means allot to me. Funnily enough I didn't feel sad when deleting the game, just melancholy. Here's to you Kolin and to another 7 years of SF.

spacer.png

That reminds me, I never got the chance to beat you in SFV!

Alright, had to take a break. Not used to the Xbox controller and my thumb hurts.

I was skeptical but I really like Manon. Whether she's main territory or not I don't know but I can see myself sticking with her at least as a secondary. I have absolutely no idea if I'd consider her good or not but that doesn't really matter at the moment anyway. One thing that surprised me is that her EX hit grab is invincible to everything but lows. Considering it charges her medal level on hit tat might be a good use of meter. The target combo with vacuum effect (f.HP -> HP) has a very generous cancel window, too, so even low-reaction people like me won't mess this up to often.

I tried out Cammy as well, she's not as dry as she was in V, matter of fact I think she's kind of the Karin of this game where you can have good results while doing basic stuff but there's a big skill-ceiling there if you start using Drive Rush mid-combo and taking optimal routes with her charged heavy specials. Also, everything you do makes her butt jiggle like crazy and if you can't see the butt chances are her breasts are jumping in to make up for that. Just in case you wanted to know.

The next two characters I'll try out after dinner are Lily and JP. 

17 hours ago, JustBooming said:

Looks like this link is gonna be the SF6 centre for updates, etc. Scroll down a bit, and there's a spot for news and updates.

Buckler's Boot Camp | STREET FIGHTER 6 | CAPCOM

Edit:

Post on WT skill tree

Post on VFX

I LOVE that we're getting a sequel to CRI! I love that we're getting mini games too!

Edited by ToreyBeans
Not CFN, Shadaloo Combat Research Institute
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Anybody else still have no idea who their day 1 main is?

Yea.

Since I mained Laura and Mika in V, I am leaning mostly towards Marisa and Manon, but I am also interested in Juri, Cammy, Zangief, JP.

Will probably decide between these 6 characters. But this game even makes characters like Blanka and Deejay really interesting to me, even though I never liked their previous versions.

Characters with free throwloops in the corner
• Luke
• Jamie
• Manon
• Kimberley
• JP
• Juri (is +3)
• DeeJay
• Cammy
• Ryu (can whiff LP)
• Blanka (is +9)
• Ken
• Zangief
• Dhalsim

Needs DR
• Marisa
• Lily
• Guile

No loops
• Honda
• Chun-li

video example 

https://twitter.com/koichinko/status/1664294905089503233?s=46&t=UQhhHszFfY1cGNg4xX5A5A