Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

distance divided by time.   

Time is probably 1/60th of a frame judging by the decimal points.   Distance... is probably measured by the engine's 3D world coordinates, since how much 2D space a pixel represents depends on how much the camera is zoomed in or out.  Which means it's ultimately arbitrary unless you bring up the game in Unreal engine or whatever they're using. 

Cool thanks. Yea pretty sure gief and jp are the slower characters. 

I usually don't have complaints about Street Fighter in general but I'm complaining now. Matchmaking is so weird with Ranked and Casual. In Ranked I'll get players at the same rank but then in Casual they will be under my rank. I literally played zero Diamonds in Casual last night. I'm tryna get used to playing online but not having consistent ranks is throwing me off. 

At any rate, I thought I'd be sticking with Ryu but it's harder to win with him than I expected, so back to Blanka for me! I haven't had him as my main since SF4, and I've always liked his unpredictably, options for cross ups and easy mode damage. I need to be CARRIED! 😆

2 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

At any rate, I thought I'd be sticking with Ryu but it's harder to win with him than I expected, so back to Blanka for me! I haven't had him as my main since SF4, and I've always liked his unpredictably, options for cross ups and easy mode damage. I need to be CARRIED! 😆

I'm glad to hear this, despite birthing another blanka main into the world. 

Meanwhile I've dropped to floor 7 with Johnny, as his specials just aren't where I expect them to be.  Wild Assault is fun.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

I'm sorry Fangbros but Aki blows that character out of the water imo. As far as evil poison assassins are concerned. Everything about this character is deliciously deranged. 

She literally slithers on the ground like a snake and coils around your body... I feel like she's gonna be a tricky character to pilot because if it weren't for Marisa I'd honestly want to main a character like her

12 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

You can tell by how she moves that A.K.I. is an absolute animal in bed.

F.A.N.G confirmed once again as absolute gigachad who effortlessly gains all the best pussy in the setting.

Now tell me: how many hot young apprentices does Akuma have?

F.A.N.G got at least one.

Ryu got one, and he wasn't even looking for it.

Bison got one for each month of the year, plus Cammy.

Akuma? That's right, nothing, 'cuz he's a loser.

Crusty-ass sunflower-looking motherfucker.

I wanna screenshot this and put it on twitter so bad.

The masses need to know this truth.

3 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

I got some specifics:

-What are your bnbs? 

-What have you used to deal with DIs?

-What kinda counter hit combos do you have?

-What are your hardest match ups?

I had another one but it slipped my mind 😅

bnb’s- lk,lk, lightning I use this a lot you can switch it up and  throw. Also after certain knockdowns to pressure on their wakeup. It can also go into SA2 if you use od lightning instead. 

b.mk/mk dr. Cancel hp, coward crouch wild lift

you can sa1,upball, or for oki df.hp and dash up and be plus 7 I think.

How do I deal with di’s? I try my best but honestly watch your long range buttons lots of them lose to di. F.mk does even when plus I’m pretty sure. I’m just now getting used to reacting to them it cost me alot still.

Counter hit combos I honestly didn’t focus too much on and just used standard block strings.

Hardest match ups? For me personally guile,Ken , deejay no particular order.

i could have added more but it’s already a wall of text😅

Edited by Illwill88

I’m so jealous of everyone here who has internet and can actually play rn. It’s gonna be a few days before I can play again 😭 

Also on AKI’s poison…

When she strikes an opponent who is already poisoned with moves like Serpent Lash, a Toxic Blossom triggers where the resulting explosion can open enemies up to follow-up attacks.“

So AKI’s poison still depletes health like FANG, but with the side effect that she can literally blow you up if she hits you with certain attacks after. Not specifically what I was hoping for but as long as it’s better than FANGs it’s great.

Not sure if I’ll be dropping Manon for her like I originally planned but I’m def gonna try her out.

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

I’m so jealous of everyone here who has internet and can actually play rn. It’s gonna be a few days before I can play again 😭 

Also on AKI’s poison…

When she strikes an opponent who is already poisoned with moves like Serpent Lash, a Toxic Blossom triggers where the resulting explosion can open enemies up to follow-up attacks.“

So AKI’s poison still depletes health like FANG, but with the side effect that she can literally blow you up if she hits you with certain attacks after. Not specifically what I was hoping for but as long as it’s better than FANGs it’s great.

Not sure if I’ll be dropping Manon for her like I originally planned but I’m def gonna try her out.

AKI's poison seems to be a combination of FANG's poison and Gill's retribution mechanic. 

AKI likes rain, at least something's right with her personality.

I'll give her a shot. Despite the trailer suggesting otherwise, Playstation Blog describes her as a long-range fighter, which is something I usually tend to enjoy as long as they're not overly complicated à la Dhalsim. On the other hand, I really don't like stances like her slithering crouch thing, but ten again I doubt I'll get back into the game for real anyway, so if I have fun for the time it takes for the rental ticket to run out of time I'm happy.

26 minutes ago, Counterstrike said:

He's just biding his time until Ed comes out and when he does.....all hell is about to break loose!!

I have a feeling Ed is going to be a lot different in SF6. With Modern Controls being a default option, I think that's going to effect the input method of his moves. Honestly I hope they give him more boxing techniques.

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have a feeling Ed is going to be a lot different in SF6. With Modern Controls being a default option, I think that's going to effect the input method of his moves. Honestly I hope they give him more boxing techniques.

I didn’t really care for him in 5 but as time has gone on I’m curious to see what he’s like in 6.  And I’m hoping he is more boxing focused, we ain’t got balrog or Dudley so it feels like we’re missing that