Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

3 hours ago, Volta said:

I'd hate to give them ideas, but from a commercial point of view, wouldn't it be much more profitable to include guest characters from MK or another major franchise instead of old-ass forgotten FF/KOF? Maybe they're adding familiar fighting game characters to soften the blow for when they inevitably announce Mario and Pikachu next season? 

Something completely unrelated: why the hell do I have close to 20k profile views when I barely post here? Are bots scanning the pages or do people think I have nude pictures in my profile? Maybe I should?

Look, a lot of people are tired and feeling sad for lots of reasons in this world, and videogames stuff helps them forget their troubles for awhile.  So if they come home from the job they hate and they're needing a bright spot in their grey lives I hope you understand if all they want to do is lol at blanka being a dick at some dudes wedding.

58 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Upon further consideration, I've concluded that I'd be willing to completely sell my principles about disliking guest characters if Capcom puts this Mai animation in SF6.

The ball is on your side now, Capcom.

mai2k2-butt2.gif

Holy smokes. SNK does not give a fuck 😂 What game is that from?

45 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Holy smokes. SNK does not give a fuck 😂 What game is that from?

KoF2002, and it's apparently one of a few possible poses she can strike after a super.

She also constantly shakes her ass at every available moment through that super. You really gotta admire the dedication Mai puts into advanced thottery.

9 hours ago, Sonero said:

With how much SF6 has cooked, hopefully we get this level of detail if Terry gets his Garou alt.

Bizzarre part to me was see in the teaser he use FF costume as default and interact with young characters like Luke and Jamie

Considering how Ryu/Ken aged in SF6 timeskip would have preferred Terry to have Garou default (to be more mature like them) and Fatal Fury as nostalgia alt

7 hours ago, Volta said:

I'd hate to give them ideas, but from a commercial point of view, wouldn't it be much more profitable to include guest characters from MK or another major franchise instead of old-ass forgotten FF/KOF? Maybe they're adding familiar fighting game characters to soften the blow for when they inevitably announce Mario and Pikachu next season?

This is assuming they lost love and respect for SF, wich i don't believe over Fatal Fury guest

If anything as somebody suggested TEKKEN feels an easy pick, is just as much compatible with SF style and currently way more popular than SNK games

Outside videogames i would not be crazy surprised by guest from Baki universe, is still very compatible, kinda popular and SF6 already hosted a Baki-related thing

Plus they seems to just love it, example Marisa entire moveset is designed after a Baki character (Hanayama)

7 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

LOL nostalgia Bison looks so fucking bad in SF6 🤣

ALMOST as bad as nostalgia Ryu 😭

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

inb4 he has amnesia and has to find out who he was or something. Calling it now.

Trailer throw it in your face, basically he calls himself Bison because you call him Bison and he dig it as a name, if avatar had balls should have called him Bitch 😆

SF6 site also confirm he lost memory, wich likely is also why he does'nt use lot of fancy psycho power tricks he did in SFV, basically regressed to a more primitive state

Cool hint is also his pose remind previous SF2/SF4 one, when confident asshole of SFV would stay with crossed arms because he trust his purple magic shit enough to not feel the need of a difensive stance

19 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, I'm still not happy about this guess character shit. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get.

SF6 Roster as of the end of Season 2

SF2 Characters: 10

SF6 Characters: 7

SFV Characters: 3

SF1 Characters: 2

Fatal Fury Characters: 2

SF4 Characters: 1

SF3 Characters : 1

SFA Characters : 0

Final Fight Characters: 0

Exactly. This DLC line up is the same exact shit most of us clown NRS for doing but suddenly Capcom does it and it’s ok? 

Mfs been waiting on Makoto and Dudley for like 8 years at this point, and I say that as someone who doesn’t even like them lol.

10 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Coincidentally I was a Bison main. Dee-Jay was the character I was using as a sub.

Coincidentally, as a Dee Jay main in SF6, Bison is the first DLC character that has peaked my interest lol.  I just think he looks badass in general and I like that he appears to be one of the only other charge characters in the game.

17 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I am sure someone already told you Terry and Mai are not generic characters, and they are popular and beloved characters in the FG scene.

Not a fan of guest characters but calling Terry and Mai generic is beyond insulting. Terry has been around nearly as long as the entire SF2 cast. Mai pre-dates Cammy and the Super Street Fighter 2 cast by nearly  a year. We are not talking about randos but Fighting Game Royalty. Characters that were created by the Street Fighter 1 developers. Both of whom predate the entire Mortal Kombat roster.

The main reason people are salty about the FF characters is just because their characters aren't in the game yet and it takes up 2 spots in season 2, which I can understand, especially when there are plenty of SF characters to pick from.  I definitely understand both sides of the fence here.  

Me personally I don't really care because I'm not a DLC mark.  The only character I would most likely get is Balrog, but I thought in SF6 they said Shadaloo was dead so I was never expecting him, but now that we got Bison, who knows.  I am going to probably use one of my character trials on Bison though to see if I like him.

3 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Rashid and Ed should've been in base roster for 6 which would've freed up two slots in season 1 

Agree

AKI too would have freed the waifu slot getting Elena in S1 too... so S2 could have been Makoto or Laura (but maybe they would have wasted it with Sakura lol)

Speaking of freed slots at least i can erase 2 from character creation 😁

Elena.jpg

lost-small.jpg

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

The only character I would most likely get is Balrog, but I thought in SF6 they said Shadaloo was dead so I was never expecting him, but now that we got Bison, who knows.  I am going to probably use one of my character trials on Bison though to see if I like him.

For what's worth Rog also is important character for Ed, who looks like he's going to have relevant role in SF6 story too

Rog knows Bison's plans for Ed... maybe not on detail, but he knows he have no good intentions for Ed, and he likes the kid

In SFV he even planned to become "freelancer" criminal with Ed escaping from Shadaloo, likely to save Ed from whatever destiny Bison had for him

So Bison's return may offer more than one way to get Rog back, either to cover again his old role of shadaloo general or in the unusual role of good (or at least not totally bad) dude to protect Ed

Plus even if as somebody who wanted Dudley repping boxing in SF6, have to be honest and admit if we get another after Ed, Rog fit more SF6 visual style than Dudley does

8 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

For what's worth Rog also is important character for Ed, who looks like he's going to have relevant role in SF6 story too

Rog knows Bison's plans for Ed... maybe not on detail, but he knows he have no good intentions for Ed, and he likes the kid

In SFV he even planned to become "freelancer" criminal with Ed escaping from Shadaloo, likely to save Ed from whatever destiny Bison had for him

So Bison's return may offer more than one way to get Rog back, either to cover again his old role of shadaloo general or in the unusual role of good (or at least not totally bad) dude to protect Ed

Plus even if as somebody who wanted Dudley repping boxing in SF6, have to be honest and admit if we get another after Ed, Rog fit more SF6 visual style than Dudley does

Thanks that is good to know there is hope.  I haven't even opened World Tour mode so I have no clue wtf the story in this game is lol.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Thanks that is good to know there is hope.  I haven't even opened World Tour mode so I have no clue wtf the story in this game is lol.

There's not much on Rog-Ed, but we learn that Rog hold no grudge on Ed for abandoning him in SFV (something that Ed did to protect Rog from his own growing Psycho Power) and he's still friendly to him

(click to zoom, Rog is behind Ed's  hand)

d2a579760d4e2bf46697f28416167017.jpg

Related to past (post-SF4 days) but this piece was cool too

GHUfudKXIAALbKp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by CESTUS III
3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

There's not much on Rog-Ed, but we learn that Rog hold no grudge on Ed for abandoning him in SFV (something that Ed did to protect Rog from his own growing Psycho Power) and he's still friendly to him

(click to zoom, Rog is behind Ed's  hand)

d2a579760d4e2bf46697f28416167017.jpg

I stopped playing SF5 by the time Ed came out so I didn't even know they had any ties until I saw people talking about it on SF6.

56 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Agree

AKI too would have freed the waifu slot getting Elena in S1 too... so S2 could have been Makoto or Laura (but maybe they would have wasted it with Sakura lol)

Speaking of freed slots at least i can erase 2 from character creation 😁

Elena.jpg

lost-small.jpg

Your Elena is so much better than mine it isn't funny.

UK3pkpE.jpg

2chpRQy.jpg

9isa6ae.jpg

lejAdXe.jpg

57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have not played enough of the story yet, so I am out of the loop, but I have seen a lot of people pairing Elena and Akuma, did something happen there that moved them from friends to something else?

17 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I know about that, but I wasn't sure if SF6 did something that made everyone jump from them being friends, to them being a pair.

Kind of like what happened with Zeku and Laura, where both of them are very flirtatious on their win quotes so people pair them now, lol.

__laura_matsuda_and_zeku_street_fighter_

Edited by Hecatom
On 6/8/2024 at 10:27 AM, Vhozite said:

Outside of Mexico and Saudi Arabia nobody besides old heads cares about KOF. 

This is true but it's fucking Terry nigga. Just think it about. crMK>Green Slime>EX Crack shot near the corner>Ground Bounce>medium punch target combo>cancel into CA Power Geiser. You know this shit gonna be hard stop being a poopoo head!!!!!

On 6/8/2024 at 10:47 AM, Sonero said:

MK sucks ass and we might have a better timeilne if that franchise sank into the ocean.

Absolutely fucking based!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/8/2024 at 11:32 AM, AriesWarlock said:

A new controversy

I know he deleted the tweet but Teiga is a fucking retard and if you seriously saw that move and your first thought was George Floyd, your ancestors should have stayed on those ships.

41 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I know he deleted the tweet but Teiga is a fucking retard and if you seriously saw that move and your first thought was George Floyd, your ancestors should have stayed on those ships.

Who?

3 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Some dumb ass Granblue player that got triggered over a bad guy doing a knee on neck attack.

I find funny you single him out as a GBFVR player when he also plays SF6.

And what knee on neck attack where?
A Movie, a game?

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I find funny you single him out as a GBFVR player when he also plays SF6.

And what knee on neck attack where?
A Movie, a game?

Bison has a new EX move finisher from head stomp that has him putting his knee on the opponents neck.

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

I stopped playing SF5 by the time Ed came out so I didn't even know they had any ties until I saw people talking about it on SF6.

It goes even before story wise

Basically Rog found Ed in SSF4 and brought him to Shadaloo base

Afterward in SFV we discover Bison gave him duty to essentially be his guardian and teach him to fight (because everybody at Shadaloo must be trained in fighting)

5 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Damn, look at my girl Falke being STACKED.

She was always the superior sibling. 😔

Capcom turned characters people called uninteresting into waifu

Since Falke was already waifu, they had to turn her into 3 waifus

4D Chess

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

But your reached Akuma first 😁

And most important you ever create your stuff on your own

Joke aside if i really ever plan to start the YT thing better i quit posting pics here, recently noticed somebody seen our pages and in reddit i'm starting to see suspect strange stuff all of sudden... in one click found an Elena and a Menat that looked VERY familiar even if execution was poor lol

My bad for leaving the crumbs around, can't blame dirty pigeons for shit on the balcony 😂

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I know about that, but I wasn't sure if SF6 did something that made everyone jump from them being friends, to them being a pair.

Th fun thing is that i believe canon wise people misunderstood or at least exagerated the idea of Elena being super friend with Akuma based on that video

The gimmick Capcom is pulling imho simply is focus on Elena's particular sensibility to link with nature and wild creatures, having ability to befriend even savannah wild animals

Normal people would see Akuma more as a ferocious beast rather than human and stay away...

Elena can't give less fucks about Akuma's scary wild look, as back to savannah days she would not think twice about go make friend with the meanest lion, it can growl all he wants but she would probably just go there and pet it like a fat grumpy old cat

Same shit happened to Akuma basically 😆

uiwnm1e7r82d1.png?auto=webp&s=950fc1d7ed

Fun thing is that deep down Akuma probably appreciated it too, considering SF6 where they explore (surprising well imho) his human side showing basically he's a lonely depressed fuck who would probably appreciate company to some extent but h's too stuck into his self-made mental prison (and less mental cave lol) to ask for it

He passed from being one of shittiest characters to have one of most subtle touching moments of whole SF6, carving a barely noticeable smile on a wood statue in his ending because he truly enjoyed his time with his son Ryu, not much for the fight as tryhard flexing contest but for the human interaction behind it

9 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

It goes even before story wise

Basically Rog found Ed in SSF4 and brought him to Shadaloo base

Afterward in SFV we discover Bison gave him duty to essentially be his guardian and teach him to fight (because everybody at Shadaloo must be trained in fighting)

I have a confession to make.

I've never played a story mode in a Street Fighter game.

Nor do I ever plan to lol.  I'm just here for the fighting.

11 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Elena can't give less fucks about Akuma's scary wild look, as back to savannah days she would not think twice about go make friend with the meanest lion, it can growl all he wants but she would probably just go there and pet it like a fat grumpy old cat

Same shit happened to Akuma basically 😆

uiwnm1e7r82d1.png?auto=webp&s=950fc1d7ed

I still think it's funny that its Akuma, not Elena that's taking the selfie. She didn't catch him off guard, he voluntarily took the photo himself.

The results for that Capcom poll are out.

Dino Crisis got the highest amount of votes from people who wanted a new game in the series, Darkstalkers got 5th which is also good.

Also, I thought it was funny how Darkstalkers was the most voted game in the 50 to 60 age brackets.

There are some damn dinosaurs out there voting for Morrigan's tits made in the RE Engine.

https://captown.capcom.com/en/super_elections/1

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

image.png?ex=6669beda&is=66686d5a&hm=a15

Updated UI?

What we looking at here?  Just the gradient of yellow in the life bar?

Also not seeing anything different here unless it's something super subtle that I am missing.

EDIT:

Well maybe it does have that gradient but only when he was facing the CPU.  When he was doing pvp it didn't have it.  It only seemed to have the yellow gradient sometimes though.  I noticed it happen a few times and one time the CPU bison was in yellow health but didn't have the gradient, then he attacked JWong and the CPU bison's health bar added that gradient.  I wonder what it means.

EDIT 2:

It appears that the life bar adds that gradient when he has CA on deck.

Edited by purbeast
2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The results for that Capcom poll are out.

Dino Crisis got the highest amount of votes from people who wanted a new game in the series, Darkstalkers got 5th which is also good.

Also, I thought it was funny how Darkstalkers was the most voted game in the 50 to 60 age brackets.

There are some damn dinosaurs out there voting for Morrigan's tits made in the RE Engine.

https://captown.capcom.com/en/super_elections/1

Just barely over 250k votes seems rather pathetic for a supposedly global polling. Either Capcom put in next to zero effort in promoting it or something got lost in the process

Regardless, Dino Crisis and Breath of Fire both in top-10, Regina also scoring multiple top-10s for best Capcom characters 

This better be an indication to them it's time to bring those franchises back