Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

24 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

After reviewing all the trophies, the one thing that was kinda surprising was that there was no trophy for getting to certain ranks. The most similar equivalent that I see would be for getting "fans", by players pressing triangle after a match. I'mma hand out ALL the thumbs up for casual and ranked in an attempt to reap what I sow.

The most hated trophy I see in FG's are the ones that are either get ___ rank, or win 10 matches in a row

naturally for me, a god of gaming, these are not an issue, but the plebs struggle it would seem in their own funny little way!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

What does he mean about State Dependent Combos in this SFXTekken video?

He's talking about combos that only work in certain situations Ex: Hitting an opponent in a standing state vs crouching state

Spoiler

83f4478d372c03c0f16753710f106c5f.gif

crouching fierce xx tatsumaki works on standing state

940ec1db0abd9517772d142b6f51c722.gif

crouching fierce xx tatsumaki does not work on crouching state

Edited by elliephil
added examples
8 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

the one thing that was kinda surprising was that there was no trophy for getting to certain ranks.

That's a good thing. Makes it easier for completionist to platinum the game without grinding God knows how long in ranked. And frankly I never liked trophies that are tire to online because there are now hundreds of ps3 and 4 games where you can't collect everything due to shut down servers or dead playerbase 

10 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

j1boohvq5f2b1.jpg

Cunts speak without know lol 

Anybody did sparring in combat sports remember the pain of get kick blocked by elbow, knee or shin, specially if clash hit the soft full of nerves area that connect shin and foot at ankle height 💀 

Shit can make ankle baloon up and take days before you can sparring/training properly again 

For what's worth, Abel had very same foot protection, just with longer shin guard because was more kickboxing style (while TKD people kick only with the foot iirc)

Abel6_2

Or other alts for strikers

Adon Costume - Street fighter | Personagens street fighter, Artista  marcial, Street fighterA_Rival, aka DJ iPad on Twitter: "As if Capcom devs couldn't get more  racist: Deejay's new alternate costume in Street Fighter 4 has watermelon  shorts. http://t.co/UYRDL1J65P" / Twitter

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

My nephew and niece are 10 and 9, and they used to watch me playing SF5 when they visit but could not really participate. I am looking forward to playing with them in SF6.

You could have taught them.

It is what I did with my nephews 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

You could have taught them.

It is what I did with my nephews 🤷‍♂️

This was a few years ago so they were closer to 5 or 6 years old. DP/qcf motions too hard then. I also don't enjoy enough time with them to consistently be able to teach them. These new control settings are great for that.

Hopefully when they add Bison I will get the opportunity to instruct them in the dark ways of Psycho Power!

Edited by Daemos
41 minutes ago, Daemos said:

This was a few years ago so they were closer to 5 or 6 years old. DP/qcf motions too hard then. I also don't enjoy enough time with them to consistently be able to teach them. These new control settings are great for that.

Hopefully when they add Bison I will get the opportunity to instruct them in the dark ways of Psycho Power!

The younger nephew I taught had like 4/5 years when i taught them how to do motion moves.

Usually by 6yo most kids can get the idea on how to do them, and if not, at least charge moves.

Of course, learning how to play effectively is another thing, but is like teaching them to play an instrument.

I would say that is more easy to learn when they are young, due the malleability of the brain at that age.

Is mostly a thing of the method you use.

Plus, those us 80s kids who started playing when SF became a thing, were between 6 to 11yo at the time.

I think I was 9 iirc, the 1st chars I learned were the charge moves, and then Ryu.
My cousins that were 3 or 4 years older than me taught me alongside other friends.

It also helped we had arcades with the games in our suburbs so we went to play every time we could.

Edited by Hecatom