Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

3 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Friendly reminder the devs still haven't said if she's underage or not 

Tbh even if fictional character is "confirmed" by devs to be 18, you will still know they designed her intentionally to look on the underage side to please that crowd

I mean, even if Capcom in the west does save-face move of declare her 18 (like if some "journalist" corner them with the question) i will still consider her same way i consider SC Talim: good character design who fit well/enrich the cast, but also used by devs to wink at that part of the audience that likes them very young

Not even sure why people seems wake up today on Lily case, i think we got bunch of underage girls in SF history, even if characters ages are -purposely, for bunch of reasons- keept vague as possible

48 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

That’s crazy seeing the Ryu SFV being used like this. Man it’s been 7 fucking years man lol 

Two interessing things

At 1:12 theres the concept that seem a lab stage, i don't remember if SIRN/IRN is anything but the ying/yang shape and the exagons remind me Seth

At 4:01 NPC sumo dude have a stance that no current main cast char have

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Hawk couldn’t have had her as a daughter. He would have had her before Alpha3/SF2. It doesn’t make sense.

These fantasies have gone too far when they are start interfering with Hawk and Juli’s relationship. It’s the one thing he got!

It would make his sheer determination to track Julia down make even more sense. I mean Lily running around Condor Diving off the couch and taking out lamps or Mexican Typhooning the TV is a lot for a dad to handle on his own. Braiding hair is difficult the larger your hand are,  he couldn't have his baby girl looking a wild child. She needed her mommy. 😁

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

It would make his sheer determination to track Julia down make even more sense. I mean Lily running around Condor Diving off the couch and taking out lamps or Mexican Typhooning to TV is a lot for a dad to handle on his own. Braiding hair is difficult the larger your hand are,  he couldn't have his baby girl looking a wild child. She needed her mommy. 😁

Okay, but Juli was 16 during Alpha 3/SF2. When did she have a baby exactly? Why is Hawk fucking teenage girls? That's too great a nod to the Loli crowd. We're gonna have to call the twitter police on @EvilCanadian. First Bison, and now this...

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Not even sure why people seems wake up today on Lily case, i think we got bunch of underage girls in SF history, even if characters ages are -purposely, for bunch of reasons- keept vague as possible

We know that under that shirt she's built like Mika so the thirst is coming out

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Because the worst we've had before is Sakura pantsushots and alpha Cammy leotard. Elena is pretty ambiguous. Ibuki just had the thigh windows. Makoto was done tastefully in my opinion. The rest of SF ladies are at least of legal age and older.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

M.Bison literally had a underage girl for each month of the year plus a spare. Why are people getting so bent out of shape for Lily? What's the saying..."Thou dost protest too much, methinks?". I'm getting the same vibe, I get when a politician is adamantly against something. Only to get busted doing what they so vehemently oppose later on.

Bison took care of those 12 girls like they were his own daughters. They were completely covered up instead of putting their stuff out for every Tom, Dick, and Harry. The Dolls were pious and modest ladies of the Lord.

44 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Because the worst we've had before is Sakura pantsushots and alpha Cammy leotard. Elena is pretty ambiguous. Ibuki just had the thigh windows. Makoto was done tastefully in my opinion. The rest of SF ladies are at least of legal age and older.

Makoto was indeed done without malice, Elena and Ibuki were definitely fanservicey, just watch their defeat art lol

Menat i'm not sure if is supposed to be underage or not, but for sure is supposed to be eye candy lol

Tbh personally whole thing is easy to classify as "Japan gonna Japan" and move on, as long they don't get even more creepy to please that kind of fans (see some things Namco did with Talim or worse Amy)

Reality is teenager girl being sexualized to some extent is part of their imagery (just think about almost any highschool-age range anime lol) and culture, they're not going to change it much beyond tone it down a bit for the west

To be clear i'm not defending them, just saying how it is

I find it cringe but predictable

19 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I've been seeing a lot of sentiment like this. It's funny because during the previous beta people were calling Kimberly mid. Now a lot of people are treating her like the new Rashid.

It just goes to show that even though people are quick we still don't know anything about this fucking game. Same for the whole Modern v Classic controls civil war, we literally don't know how it'll pan out. Game's out in 8 days I hope people chill before the doomposting

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

M.Bison literally had a underage girl for each month of the year plus a spare. Why are people getting so bent out of shape for Lily? What's the saying..."Thou dost protest too much, methinks?". I'm getting the same vibe, I get when a politician is adamantly against something. Only to get busted doing what they so vehemently oppose later on.

Bison was a groomer x12!!

49 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I've been seeing a lot of sentiment like this. It's funny because during the previous beta people were calling Kimberly mid. Now a lot of people are treating her like the new Rashid.

It just goes to show that even though people are quick we still don't know anything about this fucking game. Same for the whole Modern v Classic controls civil war, we literally don't know how it'll pan out. Game's out in 8 days I hope people chill before the doomposting

Kim really was a dumbass character. Like you literally don't have to actively think when doing anything with her because she's that retarded. Made playing the beta pretty fun.

3 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Kim really was a dumbass character. Like you literally don't have to actively think when doing anything with her because she's that retarded. Made playing the beta pretty fun.

That's why she was my beta main. I saw the Rashid in her

23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Where required to rush past the dialog? Even at half playback speed, I had pause repeatedly to try and catch what she was saying. 

I tried to do the same at 0.25x speed, it was still near impossible to catch some parts but the gist of what was going on is understood. Why would they do that? Like if somebody doesn't want spoilers they can not watch it.

It's insane to think we're just over a week until release, and I still have about 10 chars I want to explore. I think the only ones I'm uninterested in are Ken, Blanka, and Manon. It's going to be madness on release day. Do we know if it's a midnight release?

Incidentally,@EvilCanadian is a man of rare, good taste: Honda and now this

https://twitter.com/Rooflemonger/status/1661485986055069697

• Sonero changed the title to The SF6 Thread: Kimberly Broke The Game and Street Date
2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Marisa perfect round win pose

IMG_1771.gif

The cool thing is that gesture seems like the one to clean katana from blood

Spoiler

Emote Ideas (Hawkeye): Ronin Sword Cleanse : r/PlayAvengers

十三人の刺客GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The Return Of Hawkeye As Ronin - GIF on Imgur

wich is awesome because one gimmick she have is she treat her fist as a sword (a gladius)

Fun thing she would NOT do it with an actual gladius (because double edge), so it's a very japanese thing lol

Edited by CESTUS III
1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

Something I've noticed about all the CPU Marisa footage is that the CPU never uses her thrusting kick special move (Quadriga). I wonder why that is. I actually wonder if its easier to use Gladius

It’s a totally different game but the AIs in Mortal Kombat 11 are like this too. You can equip certain moves and they will just straight up not use them. Sometimes they ended up performing better with worse moves bc they would at least use them.