Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

41 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I think my least favourite character to fight is dhalsim. I hate that guy no matter who i’m playing as.

Every time I fight Sim I feel like I’m losing to the connection more than anything. I hammer on jab like it owes me money after blocking a poorly spaced slide or drill and I still get CH.

Edited by Vhozite
26 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

play something with an actual Netcode.

Yeah, i should play more Mk11, 3S, or ST.

I’m not playing PC games, so stuff like +R is out of the question. I’ll only play ST or 3S on it because i can still play it/lab on PS4, and only swap to PC once in a while to play spin or volt or whomever.

@Pair of Rooks you played really well. I kinda expected you to be a lot greener as I think you just started playing this (or maybe you played it a while ago)? We practically went toe to toe each match, but there a few things you were doing that were making it a bit easier on me:

you seemed to throw a lot of fireballs. That’s probably a key part of sakura’s plan, but once you started throwing them, it seemed like you would throw them just a bit too often, and if Chun has super or VT2 lined up (or both) she can punish you fairly decently if you’re getting predictable with them.

also, that crouching uppercut move (maybe cr.HP or cr.MP? Seems like her AA button) was being pressed a lot in neutral and it doesn’t seem to have much horizontal range. I’m pretty sure I whiff punished that a few times.

other than that, you did really well. Honestly, I think you would have beaten me most of the time if it wasn’t for those things. And they only stick out because those were the areas where it felt easiest to crack your armor.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

@Pair of Rooks you played really well. I kinda expected you to be a lot greener as I think you just started playing this (or maybe you played it a while ago)? We practically went toe to toe each match, but there a few things you were doing that were making it a bit easier on me:

you seemed to throw a lot of fireballs. That’s probably a key part of sakura’s plan, but once you started throwing them, it seemed like you would throw them just a bit too often, and if Chun has super or VT2 lined up (or both) she can punish you fairly decently if you’re getting predictable with them.

also, that crouching uppercut move (maybe cr.HP or cr.MP? Seems like her AA button) was being pressed a lot in neutral and it doesn’t seem to have much horizontal range. I’m pretty sure I whiff punished that a few times.

other than that, you did really well. Honestly, I think you would have beaten me most of the time if it wasn’t for those things. And they only stick out because those were the areas where it felt easiest to crack your armor.

Thank you for the kind words.  Yes, this is my first week of SFV.  However, I was expecting my past SF experience to transfer over a lot more than it did.  I seem to be having issue with just canceling Sak's normals into a DP or HK!?    And obviously most of the characters I've mained aren't really there anymore.  (Juri, Makoto, even Akuma and Karen feel alien.)

Yeah the AA crouch fierce at distance was some old muscle memory from somewhere.  (Ryoko?)  It isn't the only issue with muscle memory I'm having.   

I REALLY enjoyed playing the footsies game with your Chun.  Sak's pretty decent at that, and it isn't a playstyle I've usually went hard on in forever. Fireballs will always get jumped on (once one KNOWS that Chun can super through them), but I felt I kept up except for the punish game.  When you're hit-confirming into super on the regular, and I can't hardly combo a normal into a special... yeah.  But I think Sak needs fireballs vs Chun specifically, cause theoretically Chun can just out-box her. 

Also GGs @FlyingVe.  Thanks especially for going random select so I could fraud out a round or two.  :)   I know one punish, with Ryu, and he punches harder than Sak.  

22 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Yeah the AA crouch fierce at distance was some old muscle memory from somewhere.

Yeah, i suspected it was a muscle memory thing, but wasn’t sure.

24 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I REALLY enjoyed playing the footsies game with your Chun.  Sak's pretty decent at that, and it isn't a playstyle I've usually went hard on in forever. Fireballs will always get jumped on (once one KNOWS that Chun can super through them), but I felt I kept up except for the punish game.  When you're hit-confirming into super on the regular, and I can't hardly combo a normal into a special... yeah.  But I think Sak needs fireballs vs Chun specifically, cause theoretically Chun can just out-box her. 

And I had a lot fun too!

Also, i wasn't sure if you knew her super went through FBs, but nothing like learning from experience 😁.

Finally, i agree that Sak needs FBs against chun, but just try to change the rhythm up a bit (though you did use that to trick me with a couple air shots, lol).

looking forward to next time!

1 hour ago, FlyingVe said:

i meant cLP.

Sorry.

Oh okay, yeah, i just started adding VS1 into my combos last night so they need some work, but I was happy that i landed a Crush Counter, s.HK, dash, s.MP xx VS1, VS1, HK Legs combo in a match last night, when i just started labbing it a few hours earlier.

also landed my first cr.LP, s.MP, cr.MK xx MK SBK combo in a match last night (💪)... Was too chicken to try the HK SBK though (☹️)

45 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Oh okay, yeah, i just started adding VS1 into my combos last night so they need some work, but I was happy that i landed a Crush Counter, s.HK, dash, s.MP xx VS1, VS1, HK Legs combo in a match last night, when i just started labbing it a few hours earlier.

also landed my first cr.LP, s.MP, cr.MK xx MK SBK combo in a match last night (💪)... Was too chicken to try the HK SBK though (☹️)

I hate that SBK combo.

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

I would never even bother trying H.SBK combos in anything but a flawless connection. I’d have to be fighting someone in my neighborhood lol.

7 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Most likely what it is. Part of me still wants Capcom to release another league for a new goal, but I don't think it matters at this point. 

Maybe things will change once Dan is released.

Once the update comes you'll have a new challenge - make it to warlord with Dan.  

In all seriousness, the new update is going to be pretty big.  In addition to Dan we're getting a balance patch, plus a new battle mechanic that could potentially shake things up.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
14 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Once the update comes you'll have a new challenge - make it to warlord with Dan.  

In all seriousness, the new update is going to be pretty big.  In addition to Dan we're getting a balance patch, plus a new battle mechanic that could potentially shake things up.  

Big update... Dan.

These are mutually exclusive.

16 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Maybe things will change once Dan is released.

In some ways this is one the saddest things I've read.

Legit a patch would be kinda nice to shake stuff up. And when they start kicking out the rest of the chars it'll do the short term shake up thing.

But SFV is also 4, coming up on 5 years old at this point, and its not exactly the game I'd pick to play for years and years on end. No real CPT stuff also doesn't help as those were usually good for some spark.