Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

35 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Jericho is what I consider now a nostalgia act. I don’t care if he can still go. It doesn’t mean he should go. 

I don't think that's fair. Jericho isn't using any of his old gimmicks to call him a nostalgia act. 

36 minutes ago, iStu X said:

the brain busters should be relegated to backstage stuff only. 

Arn also works as a producer. Tully does fine as the manager of FTR. Going manager is something a lot of old wrestlers do. 

37 minutes ago, iStu X said:

its fucking dumb. Quit clutching your yesteryear pearls and move the fuck on. I mean that to fans and to performers 

If they still got something to contribute then they should stick around. Not like Arn carrying a clipboard around is making the product bad or dropping the quality of matches. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't think that's fair.

I’m not talking Jericho’s gimmicks. I’m talking him as performer overall. 

idk how to multi quote on this site: 

I know a lot of wrestlers in the territories would retire and become

managers or bookers. 

What do the talent of old coming back as performers (as in wrestlers) have to offer except a brief taste of memberberries? I feel the same about some managers as well. 

it’s why I like regal as GM so much. He’s basically the living tribunal of NXT. 

Edited by iStu X
5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It still wouldn't make him a nostalgia act. Just a guy past his prime

Hard disagree.  I know no one is going to see eye-to-eye with me on this and that’s fine. I’ve always been an against the grain kind of person when it comes to communities I’m apart of. 

Edited by iStu X

Jericho hasnt been living off of nostalgia given that he always comes up with a new gimmick. His current one is kinda eh. Its NWO without ambition, coolness, a surprise heel turn or The Superstar Virgil.

Not like he is surrounded by top tier talent that pushes him to do better. The whole thing is petering out and he doesnt have a good foil to help him spice it up.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The Superstar Virgil.

The secret ingredient missing from every modern faction 

legado del Virgil 

the Virgil house party 

undisputed Virgil (the Virgil era?)

the inner virgil (the Virgil circle?)

the dark Virgil 

okay that last one may come off as a little racist 

Edited by iStu X

Disco is trying way too hard to be Cornette, and that's exactly why Cornette has the following he does and Disco doesn't.  Cornette believes every word he says and will lay out in very clear detail why he feels the way he does, but here Disco just sounds like he's hating for no reason and Konnan is just like "???"

Like come on, Sting JUST got there.  We can talk about Jericho becoming washed fat slob, or Matt expediting his descent into CTE, or Miro being some loser in a pink Disney shirt talking about his broken cab...but if this is going to be "Keepin' It 100" then you gotta keep it 100 every single time.

Edited by Psychoblue

So I just saw a promo for smack down live and wtf. 

Rey and Dominic are just cool with Buddy, who is almost 33 nailing 19 y/o Aaliyah? And they’re basically a stable? 

uh...ok. I guess they want Buddy to be the next jerry lawler. This is why I don’t watch the cable weeklies. Cringe ass garbage. 

lol. Why did they make a documentary about Liv like she’s done anything memorable? And it’s an air of like....where the end of the documentary you find out she died of some rare disease. 

Edited by iStu X

Not to be that guy again, but let's not act like Buddy is Cinnpie here LOL.  She's a grown woman, he's a grown man.  Of course to break up the faction they might reveal he's been grooming her since he was in NXT, at that point shit on it hard because WWE loves doing cringe like that for "shock value."  

One of my clients thinks Dominic is hot.  I'm getting old.

Have you guys checked out the ROH Pure Tournament from a few weeks back?  Gresham has a badass mask but I kind of laughed when I looked at his billed height and he's shorter than Rey.  I'm imagining him coming out to some tall schmuck like Corbin and he's freaking out as Gresh is wearing this terrifying mask with a foreboding entrance to match...then the lights turn back on, and he's half the big guy's height.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Been out of the loop for a minute, but tryna dip my toes back in for WK next month. Was checking out the Mox/Omega match from this week. 

Mox has stayed in shape, Kenny has been in too many board rooms and is getting chubby. 

this has been your shallow wrestling body shaming of the day 🙃

4 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Not to be that guy again, but let's not act like Buddy is Cinnpie here LOL.  She's a grown woman, he's a grown man. 

I don’t know who that is and I don’t give a shit. I don’t care if she’s legal. That kind of age different is super gross to me. So don’t even try to rationalize that non-sense. 

Cringe all around. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Not to be that guy again, but let's not act like Buddy is Cinnpie here LOL.  She's a grown woman, he's a grown man.  Of course to break up the faction they might reveal he's been grooming her since he was in NXT, at that point shit on it hard because WWE loves doing cringe like that for "shock value."  

One of my clients thinks Dominic is hot.  I'm getting old.

Have you guys checked out the ROH Pure Tournament from a few weeks back?  Gresham has a badass mask but I kind of laughed when I looked at his billed height and he's shorter than Rey.  I'm imagining him coming out to some tall schmuck like Corbin and he's freaking out as Gresh is wearing this terrifying mask with a foreboding entrance to match...then the lights turn back on, and he's half the big guy's height.  

WWE is not gonna do a grooming angle. Vince would need to be explained what grooming is and why it's wrong. If this man didn't know people found Asians attractive he will Def not know wtf grooming is. 

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

WWE is not gonna do a grooming angle. Vince would need to be explained what grooming is and why it's wrong. If this man didn't know people found Asians attractive he will Def not know wtf grooming is. 

You’d have to call it “Pulling a Patterson” or “The Moolah Money Maker” and he’d get it but wouldn’t get why it’s a bad thing. 

Edited by iStu X

I like fat lucha brawler jericho in ring

I like dr wagner and la park still doing shit

And like Minoru Suzuki it looks like for the most part Jericho can still hold his own.

I think though with jericho being even older than when Hogan, Savage, Piper, and Flair were in wcw's heyday it shows me two things. Drugs are good for you. And 2 times are just different

Vince def knows what grooming is. He hired underage ring boys and protected patterson, mel phillips, and tracy garvin from the police for the sexual assault on 13 year old ring boys

Pat Patterson openly called ring boys the cream team

Fucking disgusting 

For wrestle kingdom the suspense is all in who njpw flies in.

We know tag league people are there. We know that ospreay is there.

Moxley just lost and khan said he would not make it to tokyo. But Moxley did not say shit while kenta is building up something 

The good brothers have been outright saying they will be in japan..

Then we got the super j cup and possible winner being flown over for night 2.

Edited by DrLariat
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Which is pronounced Ru/Roo. 

it seems fine. It’s not really that weird to me. 
the only confusing part to me is it’s of French origin and neither of them are French. Lol

Oh yea, I don't have a problem with the pronounciation.

It's just... More of a last name then a first name lol

22 hours ago, Maxx said:

Mortal. Kombat mod with razor ramon

Doink was top tier.

Kind of sad they did not outright port him from wm the arcade game with all his specials 

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/jun-akiyama-transfers-from-ajpw-to-ddt-for-the-rest-of-2020-671854/

So like ajpw was going to be nxt japan. Johnny Ace setting up deals still

Edited by DrLariat
20 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Vince McMahon and his love affair of the Flair Legacy

FTFY. You know all the “lolcharlottewins” bullshit is all Vince. 

it’s not that she isn’t talented or could be a major player but she’s what? A 10 times champ already? Maybe even 12? And she hasn’t even been wresting for a decade. not just wresting In wwe I mean wrestling in general 

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I refuse to believe nxt has writers and just wanna imagine triple h, Matt bloom and hbk In a room trying to figure this out. And hbk wishing he had super kicked flair for real. 

NXT has a creative team but it’s incredibly small compared to the weekly cables which each have like 20-30 writers. 

last time I checked NXT’s writing team was

HHH

HBK

Road Dogg

Bloom

Del Ray (Amatto)

Michael Cole (not kidding.) 

I wanna say some bookers from the cable weeklies pull double duties for production. I know Storm and Abyss did. 

Edited by iStu X
46 minutes ago, iStu X said:

NXT has a creative team but it’s incredibly small compared to the weekly cables which each have like 20-30 writers. 

last time I checked NXT’s writing team was

HHH

HBK

Road Dogg

Bloom

Del Ray (Amatto)

Michael Cole (not kidding.) 

I wanna say some bookers from the cable weeklies pull double duties for production. I know Storm and Abyss did. 

So what your telling me is... I'm pretty spot on