Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: The timeline might as well be a scrambled Egg

Volt

I dont ubderstand the obsession with the timeline because aside from a couple key titles like OOT or Skyward Sword for example, a timeline reveals nothing of worth or use to anyone. Very very VERY few events hinge on knowing when they happened. Its far more inportant to know HOW it happened then when it happened.

Yeah, personally I don’t care much about the timeline, I actually like the idea that this is all some legend and every time the story is told, it’s told differently...

of course, this conversation all started because I was curious where Link’s Awakening stood in the timeline, but that’s more so because of how the game ends. I was assuming Windwaker or something came immediately afterwards, but that was before I knew there was a secret ending.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I'm interested in the timeline from an "archeological" perspective. Putting out an official timeline kills a ton of that speculative fun. 

I hope to one day create a popular franchise, read fan theories of how things fit together, and then purposely sabotage those theories.

I'll be the ultimate troll.  🤤

41 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I hope to one day create a popular franchise, read fan theories of how things fit together, and then purposely sabotage those theories.

I'll be the ultimate troll.  🤤

Isnt that George R. R. Martin's whole shtick?

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Its one of the reasons why I'm ok with the timeline being 'fluid'.

The timeline is ever expanding, so it's fun either way.

Zelda games are usually full of little details too. Having an established timeline just gives some closure to otherwise endless debating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got to beating all of Dampé's challenges in LA.

Setting bomb rain and wallmasters on every room was a mistake.

I got snatched in hilarious ways, like waiting for a bomb to blow up in a narrow path I had to jump to and forgetting about the wallmaster or hitting something solid while killing a monster and bouncing right back into the shadow as it dropped...

On 2/13/2021 at 5:34 PM, TheInfernoman said:

BotW Link is THE best Link...I know most of these have been found but I never stop loving how even in this form, Link is so expressive and funny. 

spacer.png

Don't matter what timeline it is Link's smashing!!!

🤣

Edited by CDB2k20

So, anyone looking forward to playing Skyward Sword on the Switch or is that game truly cursed to weird controllers?

I was so hype to play it on Joy-Cons but they started drifting like they came straight outta Initial D. 😭

34 minutes ago, Volt said:

So, anyone looking forward to playing Skyward Sword on the Switch or is that game truly cursed to weird controllers?

I was so hype to play it on Joy-Cons but they started drifting like they came straight outta Initial D. 😭

I'm buying it...probably also going to preorder those Zelda joycons even though I don't really need them because they look boss AF.  Might just trade in my regular red and blue ones towards them.