Stage Select

The Zelda Thread: TOTK officially out May 12th, spoilers out now. Avoid social media if you can.

Yeah, personally I don’t care much about the timeline, I actually like the idea that this is all some legend and every time the story is told, it’s told differently...

of course, this conversation all started because I was curious where Link’s Awakening stood in the timeline, but that’s more so because of how the game ends. I was assuming Windwaker or something came immediately afterwards, but that was before I knew there was a secret ending.

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Its one of the reasons why I'm ok with the timeline being 'fluid'.

The timeline is ever expanding, so it's fun either way.

Zelda games are usually full of little details too. Having an established timeline just gives some closure to otherwise endless debating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got to beating all of Dampé's challenges in LA.

Setting bomb rain and wallmasters on every room was a mistake.

I got snatched in hilarious ways, like waiting for a bomb to blow up in a narrow path I had to jump to and forgetting about the wallmaster or hitting something solid while killing a monster and bouncing right back into the shadow as it dropped...

34 minutes ago, Volt said:

So, anyone looking forward to playing Skyward Sword on the Switch or is that game truly cursed to weird controllers?

I was so hype to play it on Joy-Cons but they started drifting like they came straight outta Initial D. 😭

I'm buying it...probably also going to preorder those Zelda joycons even though I don't really need them because they look boss AF.  Might just trade in my regular red and blue ones towards them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

TRAILER DROPS:

We got playable Guardians up in here, that's gonna be sick. Harder difficulty level too, "Apocalyptic". 

But that's really just the appetizer...

There's SO MUCH to talk about in this trailer, but I'll let y'all get involved first, what do you think?

1 minute ago, DarkSakul said:

Whats wrong with BotW 1?

Most bosses being Ganonblights was lame, the Divine Beasts are underwhelming dungeons.

And uhhhh... The memories are not in order in the Sheikah Slate.

That's really just it. Coming from a guy who rips into anything you can imagine like a goddamn L4D Witch, me only managing to point this is kind of a lot.

And most importantly, can we talk about what BotW does right? You'll need at least 4 hours tho. 🤣

7 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

New AoC stuff is welcomed and looks great

But...the damn trailer and gameplay for BoTW2 is amazing!!

Link got the Cable/Nathan Summers arm upgrade!!

spacer.png

😄

I was wondering what you meant by that, but I noticed it later.

Malice goop straight up ate Link's arm.

713101319434666054.png?v=1

The only thing I want to know and will potentially care about when it comes to Breath of Wild 2 break into a nap boogaloo is which calamity it follows. Where it’s prevented  in Age of Calamity or where Ganon succeeds in bringing the calamity to Hyrule in Breath of the Mild 1

When I find that out I’ll be satisfied and stop caring. 

that said, apparently Nintendo has a title for the game ready but has no intentions of saying the title until it’s firm release date announcement as it answers my question. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

The only thing I want to know and will potentially care about when it comes to Breath of Wild 2 break into a nap boogaloo is which calamity it follows. Where it’s prevented  in Age of Calamity or where Ganon succeeds in bringing the calamity to Hyrule in Breath of the Mild 1

When I find that out I’ll be satisfied and stop caring 

Age of Calamity's story can get tossed with Metroid Other M.

Throw_in_the_trash.gif

Gimme a sequel to the GOAT. Eggs are for breakfast.

Speaking of which, I gotta cook up a new thread title. We finally got GOAT of the Wild 2 news.

As much as I don’t like the feel good ending in AoC, I’d rather see everyone die in real time. So it’s the story I want them to go with. 

It’d make me actually care instead of seeing flash backs cause you can build towards each ally falling and immerse the player. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

As much as I don’t like the feel good ending in AoC, I’d rather see everyone die in real time. So it’s the story I want them to go with. 

It’d make me actually care instead of seeing flash backs cause you can build towards it and immerse the player. 

That's what AoC was supposed to be. They fumbled it. Them's the breaks.

Still baffling that they didn't pull a DW8 and made an alternate good ending if you fulfilled certain conditions.

11 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It literally never was that and never was going to be that at any point. Cry more and deal with it. 

MJ_In_Out_lol_AV.gif

Imagine wanting the Champs to die in the sequel instead of the prequel to the game where they show up dead.

• Volt changed the title to The Zelda Thread: Now you know why they're launching Skyward HD
26 minutes ago, Volt said:

Imagine wanting the Champs to die in the sequel instead of the prequel to the game where they show up dead.

yeah. How dare I want character interaction, character development, relationships to blossom, experience a tragic loss after tragic loss only to become triumphant in the end despite all the hardships. 

how dare I want the experience of the heroes journey. What a fuck I am. Oh wait, I’m not. I just want a good and rich story where I want to give a shit about these characters I learn to love instead of glimpses of who they were. 

you can go back into GD retirement. Maybe then my brain can repair itself from your stupidity and this  conversation. 

Edited by iStu X