Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

https://deadline.com/2023/04/jonathan-majors-dropped-hollywood-manager-domestic-violence-1235325576/

EXCLUSIVE: Talent manager Entertainment 360 has dropped Jonathan Majors, several sources tell us. The recent move by Majors’ longtime manager comes three weeks after the Magazine Dreams star was arrested on domestic violence charges in New York City.

Currently starring in Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Majors’ departure was due to issues surrounding the actor’s personal behavior, we are informed.

Majors’ representation problems don’t stop with Entertainment 360. PR firm The Lede Company also initiated a break with the Avengers actor in the last month.

As a more minor element of this, Majors and fashion house Valentino “mutually agreed” that the actor would not be attending this year’s Met Gala as one of its guests.

Entertainment 360 and Lede Company did not return requests for comment.

Majors has already shot the second season of Marvel/Disney+’s Loki, in which he reprises his uber-villain role of Kang the Conqueror, and won’t go before the cameras in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty for quite some time. Deadline hears there’s been zero conversations in the Marvel camp to drop Majors from the MCU.

I'm STILL wondering what was on the lawyer's mind when they released those text messages a while back. That "it was my fault for taking your phone" line in there was not helping matters. I'm still hoping it isn't true, but man. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there was information that could clear him from these charges, things wouldn't be getting worse and worse like this, right?

Edited by axeman61
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Weird how Majors gets dropped so quick but Ezra still running around  like he done nothing wrong. 

Yep. If Erza don't get dropped after this Flash movie comes out, I know sum up. I'm only giving em that long cuz they dumped a shitload into the project so cancelling at this point is a no-go.

But once that's over and done, DC is on the clock

I think it's a given that Ezra is dropped and they're just making sure there are no roadbumps before the movie release.

But if they (Ezra) are still attached after, something is up. I'm talking blackmail. Because even being non-binary or whatever they are shouldn't have protected them this long.

Also, Majors can get dropped quick because the next Avengers hasn't started shooting yet and Kang's appearance isn't super important. They can just throw in a line. Ask Terrence Howard.

Edited by axeman61
11 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Also, Majors can get dropped quick because the next Avengers hasn't started shooting yet and Kang's appearance isn't super important. They can just throw in a line. Ask Terrence Howard.

Edited 3 minutes ago by axeman61

Majors has already filmed all of Loki 2, you're kinda way off here bro. 

24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Majors has already filmed all of Loki 2, you're kinda way off here bro. 

I know he filmed Loki 2. I copied that over from the article. But the next Avengers movie hasn't been filmed or completed filming yet. They can swap him out by then if it gets there.

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

I know he filmed Loki 2. I copied that over from the article. But the next Avengers movie hasn't been filmed or completed filming yet. They can swap him out by then if it gets there.

They can, but comparing this to the situation with Terrance Howard is a bad comparison. Howard was a side character in a movie he wasn't that important to and no one really loved him in the role anyway. Like he was fine. 

Majors has been Kang in 2 Major projects now and it's been one of the key launches to his career glow up. This would be like recasting Thanos with someone that isn't Brolin for End Game and acting like no one will notice lol. 

I see your point, but if things get worse and worse with Majors, people will understand swapping him out either way. Maybe it wouldn't be just a line or two explaining it and we move on. But it's not too huge a deal to swap out Kang assuming they find a good replacement. There won't be mass fan backlash to it, is what I'm saying.

Edited by axeman61

Majors can't lean on the mental illness/possible drug addiction thing though, he actually seems like a normal guy. Ezra Miller sounds schizophrenic and like he should be institutionalized so he can lean on that as an excuse for his behavior. Plus, he's got to have some powerful people looking out for him to be able get away with what he has.

Majors should have stripped and claimed he was Jesus and he'd be in the clear 😂

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I see your point, but if things get worse and worse with Majors, people will understand swapping him out either way. Maybe it wouldn't be just a line or two explaining it and we move on. But it's not too huge a deal to swap out Kang assuming they find a good replacement. There won't be mass fan backlash to it, is what I'm saying.

I mean yea, imo anyone can be replaced. Great as RDJ is, one day someone else will be Tony. Hell I wanted them to recast T'Challa. 

I haven't seen that Antman movie...and I don't have much interest in seeing it, but Kang still generally seems like an odd choice to be the next "major villain" in those Marvel movies.  That character just never stood out as cool or interesting to me...and he looked rather silly as well so that sealed the deal on him for me, at least back when I was still getting comics regularly.  Really---especially since we're just past this era of goddamn THANOS, a cool supervillain who actually succeeded in erasing at least half of all life in the universe?! a villain who also happens to be an extreme threat even without a fully loaded Infinity Gauntlet  ...and it ended up with the greatest "big battle" scene/visuals in movie history.....  It was always destined to be an uphill battle for them to top that.  

Edited by MillionX

On a tangent, I think they slid smooth past the effect of everyone coming back after 5 years. Even in a setting where you have super beings around every corner, that's too major a thing for most people besides a select few to just be getting on with their lives like we've been seeing. Even if you accept that the MCU can't be asked to delve into every aspect of that, their current approach of "well, that was a thing" has been a tiny annoyance to me.

Edited by axeman61
15 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

On a tangent, I think they slid smooth past the effect of everyone coming back after 5 years. Even in a setting where you have super beings around every corner, that's too major a thing for most people besides a select few to just be getting on with their lives like we've been seeing. Even if you accept that the MCU can't be asked to delve into every aspect of that, their current approach of "well, that was a thing" has been a tiny annoyance to me.

That is an odd thing---imagine all the scenarios there....

• Say you were in 10th grade; 14 or 15 years old at the time Thanos snapped everyone out of existence.  You are back now, still 15 years old and presumably you still need to finish high school, while your friends/peers who were still here that whole time are 20 years old and either in college or the military or working a job already.  
  • A guy was married with a kid on the way---"unsnapped" 5 years later he sees that the kid is now ready for kindergarten.  Also, his wife most likely moved on and might even be married to someone else....imagine she's married to another dude you know, and now they have a kid that's already born.  They thought you were dead at the time; no one knew that these "vanished" people would magically return at some point years later so...yeah.

ha, there's all kinds of problems resulting from that situation of people magically disappearing then returning after years have passed.

This reminds me---there was a show called "The 4400" that started off with that concept... it was originally on USA network I think (early role for Mahershala Ali, btw), then later got remade on CW (unfortunately).  It also added the cool detail of the people that disappeared having returned with superhuman abilities.  They were all still the same age as when they disappeared too (all from different points in history...all "missing"...until now in present day when they returned at the same time); it was quite an interesting story concept there.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Apropos of nothing, as I was dropping my 5 year old off for Kindergarten this morning he turned to me and said

"Dad, what if history is a lie?"

Your kid is thinking on way too deep a plane for a 5 year old.  That's such a loaded question that would have to be tackled from so many dif angles especially when you start involving world histroy let alone what other countries are doing like Russia now and North Korea.

More of Elon Musk being Elon Musk.

Musk labels CBC “69% Government-funded” as more news outlets quit Twitter

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/04/musk-feuds-with-another-public-broadcaster-labels-cbc-69-government-funded/

Nothing new, but the funny part is the last sentence.

Twitter now auto-replies with a poop emoji to all requests sent to its media relations email.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Fox News paid Dominion $787.5 million in a settlement 😂

I'm so disappointed in Dominion right now.  Seemed like ever week there was some new info coming out that was just digging Fox News into a deeper and deeper hole.  This shit really needed to go to trial so it would seriously put Fox News knowingly lying to the public and all shit they've said about their guests and Trump on court record.  I mean they got hit for a good chunk of money but I'm not convinced that it was enough to make them think reconsider what they've been doing.

35 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm so disappointed in Dominion right now.  Seemed like ever week there was some new info coming out that was just digging Fox News into a deeper and deeper hole.  This shit really needed to go to trial so it would seriously put Fox News knowingly lying to the public and all shit they've said about their guests and Trump on court record.  I mean they got hit for a good chunk of money but I'm not convinced that it was enough to make them think reconsider what they've been doing.

I get what you're saying, but do you really think it would have mattered to them or their audience?

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I get what you're saying, but do you really think it would have mattered to them or their audience?

Yeah, this is one of those occasions where their audience is going to stick with them no matter what, and lying is how they make money. They DID settle, which implies they didn't want their ass handed to them, but that could just mean they didn't want to be out of even more money.

Edited by axeman61
12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

The audience doesn't and hasn't cared because if they did Fox News would have lost of ton of viewership by now not related to the steady leak already to alt right news sources.  It's more so an accountability thing that if the blow they got hit with would have been hard enough they would at least pause and consider a different route then just outright gaslighting.   It's like the difference in getting your jump punished by an anti air normal versus DP FADC Ultra.    Sure you're gonna jump again at some point but getting hit by the latter is at least going to make be far more careful about it.

Edited by Sonichuman