Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Just now, TheInfernoman said:

Community Notes is still the best thing the website formerly known as twitter has done. 

even better they now demonetize the post if it gets community noted. thankfully cuz with all the bs on twitter, its a great way to clean up the nonsense without freedom of speech getting curbed.

anywho..

reason # 4519 why we will never beat china 

I tried to read the article to find out how Math was racist and had white supremacy in it aaaaaand I still don't know how it does.

In 2021, the state of Oregon defended the “Pathways to Equitable Math Instruction” teacher training, which advises that a focus on finding the correct answer in class is an example of White supremacy infiltrating schools.

1144034242_Soniclookingatunknown.thumb.g

10 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I tried to read the article to find out how Math was racist and had white supremacy in it aaaaaand I still don't know how it does.

I wish they had mentioned some instances of racism.

I remember Al-Khwarizmi, one of the fathers of mathematics, was on the cover of algebra books, and I just don't see him as a white supremacist.

Pre-Owned-Algebra-Hardcover_dce72138-908

Well, for a change I went with 2 gym classes (1-hour each) back to back this time, and surprisingly did alright in keeping that calorie burn up.  There was 30 minutes of downtime between them so that ended up being a good enough rest....so I may do this again more often.  Of course I had water, some juice and bananas to "refuel" between the classes there (*also had my Switch to play Dawn of the Monsters for a bit).... ended up with a bit over 2000 calorie burn total. Sheeeitttt, I might be taking over that #1 spot on the gym leaderboards for this month then if I keep up that pace.

Spoilers ahead:

As most know, in book 1 (Dragons of Deceipt), Sturm and Raistlin from the Dragons of Autumn Twilight get sent back to the past during the times of Huma and Magius.

In book 2 (Dragons of Fate), something happens...

Spoiler

Basically, flashpoint. Raistlin ends up wearing the black robes when he comes back to the Dragons of Autumn Twilight time period . Most of you will say, "so what, he does anyways in the old books." The twist is that Caramon also wears the armor of the Blue Dragon Army!!!!

Book 3 is called Dragons of Destiny (comes out in 2024 or 2025).

10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Bro, what?

8 hours ago, Reticently said:

He's taking about the new novels in the Dragonlance series by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.  They're a much later continuation of the novels that put Dungeons and Dragons fiction on the map.

Yeah, basically it's the lore of Dungeons & Dragons (at least one of the 1st canon stories for D&D). I've noticed that the Mortal Kombat lore borrowed as well. Believe there was an interview where Dan Pesina mentioned that himself, his brother, John Tobias, and several other who worked on Mortal Kombat were avid D&D fans. So, you can basically say that Mortal Kombat loosely stemmed from D&D as well as other influences.

I can loosely see how Shang Tsung is loosely borrowed from a black robe or even Raistlin himself.

spoilers from the new novels:

Spoiler

In the recent books the "present" time takes place when Justarius is still alive before any of the time travel shenanigans started. The Graygem and Chaos have something to do with it as well...

10 hours ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

This comment isn't a lie:

Cena owned the rock on the mic

@millioneyegaming237  Cena owned Dwayne Johnson not the rock, The Rock's persona died nearly in 2004. If it was prime rock he would have left cena speechless

If it was The Rock from about 1998 - 2003 on the mic then nobody in all of pro wrestling can touch The Rock on the mic!!!

Apparently the manifesto of that Nashville shooter leaked; I noticed Quartering and Crowder had videos posted about it today.  I'm doubting most of the newsmedia will go back to that story ever again though.

...man, it was satisfying to watch actual footage of that piece of shit being gunned down though; I still have that clip saved somewhere.

Edited by MillionX