Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Emptyeyes said:

Good information. So the people who were calling it soft at the time was a misconception. I'd love to go back to it.

I honestly would not call it soft at all.

One might posit that it is somewhere in the middle, due to the whole Chi Sao and Center Line Theory principles.

But I think it leans rather heavily into the hard side of things.

56 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

Wing Chung can be deadly from what I saw of it. I don't really know anything about it though. 

When I started Taekwondo back when I was 12 or 13, my instructor got mad at me because I was better than him. I seem to have a natural talent for martial arts. I surprised him with how powerful my strikes were since I would snap them like whips which multiplied their power. I was faster and stronger than him. I was really good at improvising as well. I also have good instincts.  

I'm curious, but don't be offended. When I post, it feels like you have this impulse for comparing yourself in relation to what I've said as a form of a popularity contest to look legitimate. I hope that's not the case. If it is, please work on your self-esteem, because we all have problems. 

It's just hard for me to believe that a pre-teen or early teen can best an instructor.

Edited by Emptyeyes
6 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

I'm curious, but don't be offended. When I post, it feels like you have this impulse for comparing yourself in relation to what I've said as a from of a popularity contest to look legitimate. I hope that's not the case. If it is, please work on your self-esteem, because we all have problems. 

It's just hard for me to believe that a pre-teen or early teen can best an instructor.

I'm just responding and I think you spark up interesting topics that I like responding to. I am not showing off or am I trying to best you, but I understand how it can come across as that. I'm just making statements from my experiences. 

Edited by Lord Vega
5 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

I'm curious, but don't be offended. When I post, it feels like you have this impulse for comparing yourself in relation to what I've said as a form of a popularity contest to look legitimate. I hope that's not the case. If it is, please work on your self-esteem, because we all have problems. 

You remind me SO.MUCH. of TheDamned.

38 minutes ago, JHDK said:

You remind me SO.MUCH. of TheDamned.

Really? Interesting. I have vague memories from the nature of him of being non-religious. He wanted to have a private discussion with me about my beliefs, when I was religious. I was all over the place back then, than I am now, which may explain why he preferred me not to post in religious topics or topics that ignited religious conflict and discussions.

Despite the complexity of the prefrontal cortex human beings seem to be more alike than they are different. So, I guess I'll take what you've said as a compliment, because I'm always looking for people who could potentially relate and interpret me. 

Edited by Emptyeyes

My Taekwondo instructor would actually hit me and twist my arm because I annoyed him due to my skill. I kept on demonstrating things I shouldn't be able to do. I probably should shut up now since I look like I am showing off out of insecurity. I really am not doing that. I am simply talking about what happened. I always come across like this. I guess having a lot of confidence and knowledge makes you look like this. 

Edited by Lord Vega
4 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

My Taekwondo instructor would actually hit me and twist my arm because I annoyed him due to my skill. I kept on demonstrating things I shouldn't be able to do. I probably should shut up now since I look like I am showing off out of insecurity. I really am not doing that. I am simply talking about what happened. 

Just keep on being you. Take nothing personal of people's questioning. Human beings fall victim of skepticism all the time when confronted to what they don't know or understand about a person or thing. The truth revealed help eases that. Anyway, you're alright in my book.

23 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

My Taekwondo instructor would actually hit me and twist my arm because I annoyed him due to my skill. I kept on demonstrating things I shouldn't be able to do. I probably should shut up now since I look like I am showing off out of insecurity. I really am not doing that. I am simply talking about what happened. I always come across like. I guess having a lot of confidence and knowledge makes you look like this. 

*insertyoungtommyleedroppingicecreamgifhere*

3 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

Are you skeptical? Or the same thing happened to you. It's cool. I actually think you are better than me. I feel you have been practicing much longer and more intensely than I am. 

Skeptical as fuck. I've trained child prodigies and no instructor is gonna be jealous 😂 they gonna promote the fuck outta you and use you to market the school not be jealous 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Skeptical as fuck. I've trained child prodigies and no instructor is gonna be jealous 😂 they gonna promote the fuck outta you and use you to market the school not be jealous 😂😂😂

Okay. Well, he was mad as Hell. You are talking about a better teacher. Every time I came to class, he was pissed off. One time I did a side kick that snapped really fast in front of him and he had a shocked look on face like WTF? He knew I had potential and said that. Well, maybe this instructor was different. He really did want to train me to be better, though, but I left twice because I got sick of doing forms. He seem to be envious and also wanted to improve me in the same time. He also hated Bruce Lee for some reason and I happened to do similar moves as Bruce Lee which I copied from the movies. I understand you being skeptical though. It sounds too much. 

No, I don't think I am as good as Bruce Lee. 

I'm done with this topic. It won't end well. 

Edited by Lord Vega
1 hour ago, Lord Vega said:

Okay. Well, he was mad as Hell. You are talking about a better teacher. Every time I came to class, he was pissed off. One time I did a side kick that snapped really fast in front of him and he had a shocked look on face like WTF? He knew I had potential and said that. Well, maybe this instructor was different. He really did want to train me to be better, though, but I left twice because I got sick of doing forms. He seem to be envious and also wanted to improve me in the same time. He also hated Bruce Lee for some reason and I happened to do similar moves as Bruce Lee which I copied from the movies. I understand you being skeptical though. It sounds too much. 

No, I don't think I am as good as Bruce Lee. 

I'm done with this topic. It won't end well. 

You're doing tkd.. But emulating Bruce Lee ie wing chun. Tkd has different kicking fundamentals from wing Chun. 

Edited by Maxx
2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I was in taekwon-do once. Made it to yellow belt. We called our instructor bosabonin. Oh, and apparently in Korea nunchucks were used to reap rice in the fields according to some book we were given. To this day I have not seen a picture or video of that.

I've never heard of nunchucks as a tool used by Koreans traditionally. 

Japanese used Kamas for the fields. 

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Hapkido has roots in Japanese martial arts that's why. 

Hapkido is different from tkd 

What I understand is that 3 prominent figures in Korea brought forms of Aikido and Taekwon-do along with other disciplines into one way back then. It eventually evolved into its own thing.

I was trying to find info on the Korean methods of threshing rice, and yeah Japanese and others were also using them for rice and soybeans. Though  they were more primitive, called Hyoshiki.

1920px-Hyoshiki_5.jpg

Edited by AriesWarlock
46 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I've never heard of nunchucks as a tool used by Koreans traditionally. 

Japanese used Kamas for the fields. 

Why, oh WHY was there no 5th Ninja Turtle to...

...a-Kama-date this other Ninja weapon?

Eastman run out of painters, or what?

22 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Wing Chun kicks rarely go higher than the waist.

Bruce styled, because Bruce.

They do kick about the waist but aren't known for it. Not is Bruce Lee's stuff really doing that. His sidekicks are chest height. He follows alot of the same rules as wing Chun even after developing jeet kune do. 

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

They do kick about the waist but aren't known for it. Not is Bruce Lee's stuff really doing that. His sidekicks are chest height. He follows alot of the same rules as wing Chun even after developing jeet kune do. 

And always fell back on it, whenever he had a challenge.

Which of course he should have.

Not only was it his fundamental training, it suited his frame/build.

4 minutes ago, JHDK said:

And always fell back on it, whenever he had a challenge.

Which of course he should have.

Not only was it his fundamental training, it suited his frame/build.

What are you talking about fell over? They do head kicks in wing Chun just not a big part of it. 

San shou is Kung fus version of kickboxing do it alot. 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

What are you talking about fell over? They do head kicks in wing Chun just not a big part of it. 

San shou is Kung fus version of kickboxing do it alot. 

No, no.

I mean whenever a fight/match was a challenge, he always fell back to his Wing Chun training.

Which makes sense.

Fundies over flash.

36 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

There are two bullshit artists in this thread and only one is funny.

P.S.  the damned was a hipster tool

I guess you're referring that to me. I've never really said that that I was advanced nor expert in martial arts. It was something to pass the time by the instructor or on my spare time in an attempt to learn something, 17 through 23 years young. 

In fact, I've never known how to defend myself properly nor had the physical strength to connect the dots, being in alot of fights in grade school. It takes me back, getting into fights for the purpose of being suspended, because I couldn't tolerate being made fun of. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
5 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I’ve got a lot of grappling experience, and all martial arts have some value. Body awareness is the biggest thing, realizing where you are and where you can move is something that a lot of people don’t intrinsically have.

but from a self defense stance, boxing and wrestling are your best bet imho.  

I used to do wrestling, i was so damn good that I developed my own level 3 which was a back fist lariat. Almost like Zangief's except i use only 1 arm. 

I eventually decided to make a career off my abilities and to do some good, so I got a costume with my own cape that had fire graphics on it and I took it to the streets. I was doing well as a crime fighter and I could have been famous, until I almost got arrested for clotheslining a bunch of punk atheist street kids on an over pass.  

Edited by weneedhim
5 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

So, I guess I'll take what you've said as a compliment, because I'm always looking for people who could potentially relate and interpret me. 

Go to a girls forum.

I am sick and tired of feeling my testicles die off every time I accidentally run in to another one of your diary like posts about how warm you feel looking at the clouds, how you want your bed sheets smelling like lavender,  how it's all Chris Brown's fault instead of Rhiana's, and all this girlyman crap. 

Edited by weneedhim
12 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

Go to a girls forum.

I am sick and tired of feeling my testicles die off every time I accidentally run in to another one of your diary like posts about how warm you feel looking at the clouds, how you want your bed sheets smelling like lavender,  how it's all Chris Brown's fault instead of Rhiana's, and all this girlyman crap. 

If a girl's gonna give her man the herp, she'd better well know if he's gonna go perp and batter.

Common sense says get the fuck out of Dodge, before you have to fuckin' dodge.

Give a thug simplex, the reaction ain't  gonna be complex.

On the real, though:

Chris chose so poorly on so many levels, he ought to hang up his balls and fighting cred, and change his name to Smash.

Edited by JHDK
*On. On the real. As opposed to those dudes Cisco has on the reel.
41 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

Go to a girls forum.

And what if I don't? Nevermind, the higher ups in this forum probably grow tire of my dwelling here.

It seems that you either gotten much worse over the years or just misrepresenting your true personality, but I guess it can't be helped. Maybe StarHammer was right and shouldn't post what I look like, because I see that you would look at me exactly the same, and belittle me further. Your over-masculinity bleeds insecurity, so try to work on that. It seems certain SRK members still maintain some degree of rudeness and disrespect against those that have done nothing to them, but it's much more tame in later times than it was back then. 

Perhaps I should be a lurker again and discontinue interaction with people in this topic, since there is too much of a distinction between me and the rest. 

And what if I don't? Nevermind, the higher ups in this forum probably grow tire of my dwelling here.

It seems that you either gotten much worse over the years or just misrepresenting your true personality, but I guess it can't be helped. Maybe StarHammer was right and shouldn't post what I look like, because I see that you would look at me exactly the same, and belittle me further. Your over-masculinity bleeds insecurity, so try to work on that. It seems certain SRK members still maintain some degree of rudeness and disrespect against those that have done nothing to them, but it's much more tame in later times than it was back then. 

Perhaps I should be a lurker again and discontinue interaction with people in this topic, since there is too much of a distinction between me and the rest. 

I think the problem here isn't what you're talking about, but who you're talking to.

EDIT:  Check JHDK's post.  He said it better than I can.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
22 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I think the problem here isn't what you're talking about, but who you're talking to.

Who?

Cisco isn't a person.

Not even a miserable little pile of secrets.

Where?

Nowhere technically isn't a place.

Cisco ain't welcome there, either.

What?

...What?

He ain't EVEN a thing.

Not even in the butt.

Idea?

Pffffttttt...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

We're all out of nouns.

A Zen Paradox, to explain:

Cisco: "Cisco? Am I here? Hello? Is this thing on?"

God: Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ctrl+Alt+Del: Why us? There is no God.

What happens when you run out of reasonable excuses?

Cisco.

Edited by JHDK
No reason. Only Cisco.
48 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I guess so. It mystifies me that when I post my thoughts and feelings on certain subjects, where it could potentially have users to think and exchange information. However, you have people like AY0, Cisco, and a few others being against it, because the context of it has to align with their standards of what's allowed here. I rather be myself from now on irregardless of foul users or moderation against me. This wouldn't be the first time on me being banned before. 

Certain people need to get the stick out of their anus. I just don't like stuck up/highly sensitive people.

Edited by Emptyeyes

I would never try to kick the head since that target is too small, moves around too much, and too high unless it's on the ground. Going for a strike that could likely miss is a big risk and would leave you open when you miss. I would go for easy targets with simple moves since doing so would make me safe in a fight. Flash gets you in trouble. Headshots will be with hands and elbows.

Edited by Lord Vega

Just block him. Some people attack what makes them feels insecure. 

Edited by Lord Vega