Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

8 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Soooo.... I guess the mystery of who Zatalcon was in SRK has finally been resolved...

I've read through the political topics from SRK not too long ago. He seems to have more resentment for the left wing, but the right wing to a lesser extent. While I don't think the two party system will grant light at the end of tunnel and no matter how much a person wants to escape or ridicule it, politics will always take an interest in you. 

I see. Cisco's post was deleted about me being disgusting and cookie loving. And I don't mind posting a picture of myself eventually, skipping the formalities. If you read this Cisco, I'll post a picture when I'm at a more comfortable weight, since I care about my image, so hold me to that. Until then, loosen up a little.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to my mom's house with copies of her death certificate to mail them out to every spot (except the power company; still deciding what to do with the house) where she had bills.

Some of these places she had debts were collection companies though. If I mail these out to them, will they start to come after me for her debt (even though I know I'm not legally liable for it)? Has anyone had experience with this?

You shouldn't inherent your mother's debt unless you are the one in charge of her estate. Otherwise,  they legally can't come after you. Definitely look into it in your state.

34 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

Just because I dress gothic, doesn't mean I look unique. The only thing that stands out for me is not looking so legal to be honest, being close to 40. I tend to cling to adults that share the same characteristic.

Ah, I see. You look young for your age? I'm around 40 myself, but I look about 25, but some people think I look even younger like 19.

Edit: Are you saying you are a Gothic Lolita?

Edited by Lord Vega

Here's a funny story of canceling.

Teen Vogue staffers call out new editor-in-chief over anti-Asian tweets

alexi-mccammond-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

Teen Vogue staffers openly slammed their newly hired editor-in-chief on Monday over recently resurfaced tweets she made that mocked Asian people.

More than 20 employees of the digital publication said in a statement that they penned a letter to parent company Condé Nast about hiring former Axios political reporter Alexi McCammond.

The company announced on Friday that McCammond, 27, had been tapped to lead the fashion title, which frequently tackles political issues.

She was recently embroiled in a media scandal involving the Biden administration after her boyfriend, a White House deputy press secretary, threatened a Politico reporter looking to expose their relationship. He ultimately resigned.

Over the weekend, a series of since-deleted tweets that McCammond posted in 2011, when she was a teenager, resurfaced on social media.

Alexi-McCammond-4.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

Ev_q8aGXMAEZvV5?format=jpg&name=large

Condé Nast defended its decision to hire McCammond while pointing out that she apologized for the social media posts.

“Alexi McCammond was appointed editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue because of the values inclusivity, and depth she has displayed throughout her journalism,” the company said in a statement.

“Throughout her career she has dedicated herself to being a champion for marginalized voices.”

Ulta Beauty Suspends Seven-Figure Ad Campaign in ‘Teen Vogue’ Over Incoming Editor Alexi McCammond Bigoted Tweets

“Diversity and inclusion are core values at Ulta Beauty—and always have been,” a spokesperson for the billion-dollar cosmetics company said. “Our current spend with Teen Vogue is paused as we work with Condé Nast to evaluate the situation and determine next steps regarding our partnership.”

https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/ulta-pauses-ad-campaign-over-alexi-mccammond-tweet-controversy/

Some people have come to her defense claiming that canceling people of color and minorities is wrong 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, Emptyeyes said:

I see. Cisco's post was deleted about me being disgusting and cookie loving. And I don't mind posting a picture of myself eventually, skipping the formalities. If you read this Cisco, I'll post a picture when I'm at a more comfortable weight, since I care about my image, so hold me to that. Until then, loosen up a little.

personal opinion, but I wouldn't post a picture in here (or online) unless it was needed for something or other and then it would be posted there.  You never know who would try to dox you either now or way into the future.  Just my personal opinion on it.

23 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

personal opinion, but I wouldn't post a picture in here (or online) unless it was needed for something or other and then it would be posted there.  You never know who would try to dox you either now or way into the future.  Just my personal opinion on it.

Noted. I guess that's the world we live in, because I was a victim of identify theft before. Someone took out a mortgage in my name years ago when trying to apply for something, which I don't know the specifics of how it gotten resolved to this day. It's just off my record. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
17 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

meh.  I say cancel her.  several hundred wrongs don't make a right, but it at least makes everybody even.  If the SJW crowd is really about equality, she loses her job just like anyone else would.

I mean tucker carlson is against females and poc in the military yet he still gets to go on fox spouting bullshit. But under the guise that fox won a lawsuit in court by stating hannity and carlson are only there for entertainment purposes and should not be trusted to deliver the news 

Or all those dumbass gop people who did not read the banned suess books and only cat in the hat

Or even the fucking moronic senators who voted against covid relief taking credit for the covid relief bills.

Of course this bitch should have never been put into a position of power with views like that. 

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Legit question. 

Can people change and if they can are we willing to let them?

The U.S. penal system says "NO."

I say "Fuck the U.S. penal system. And fuck the culture that endorses it."

If that means "Fuck America", then so be it.

Just now, JHDK said:

The U.S. penal system says "NO."

I say "Fuck the U.S. penal system. And fuck the culture that endorses it."

If that means "Fuck America", then so be it.

Yea but I'm talking about the American Public really. Article says woman apologized and she's done better since but not good enough still wanna fire her. Her more recent actions aren't good enough to dismiss her far older past. Kevin Hart stepped down from hosting whatever the fuck cuz of hella old bullshit he had long since delt with. Dab00g is up there saying she shouldn't have the job either. 

Can people change and if so are we willing to even let them?

50 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Legit question. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/03/federico-klein-capitol-attack

I mean depending on if they are willing to accept their wrongs 

Background checks done after the fact. And she was a diversity hire. Magazine staff also did not want to work with her.

So be it.

You apologize. You lay low. You get another job. High profile jobs put you under a microscope. Last place i want somebody with racist views is in a position of power 

I interviewed a lot of people. Hired the best interview who happened to be white nothing to do with race. During the Background found all this racist rhetoric and pro sedition jan 6 was a false flag shit. Moved on to secondary choice who had zero online presence 

Edited by DrLariat
19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea but I'm talking about the American Public really. Article says woman apologized and she's done better since but not good enough still wanna fire her. Her more recent actions aren't good enough to dismiss her far older past. Kevin Hart stepped down from hosting whatever the fuck cuz of hella old bullshit he had long since delt with. Dab00g is up there saying she shouldn't have the job either. 

Can people change and if so are we willing to even let them?

I'll tell you what I find funny.

DaBoog says she shouldn't have the job.

But he has been crying victimhood for his not being forgiven for his having been severely disrespectful to Shatta in his memorial thread.

Thst kind of cognitive dissonance is only bred of the worse forms of non-thought - racism, classic, etc. et al.

I am not sure there is anything that can be done for such a person. And considering such persons usually have a consistent falling back to bad in their track record, see: DaBoog shitting on Maxx over his former marriage, I am honestly  not sure that forgiveness is even an option, even if the majority want to.

If someone does change, like 180 degrees or near to it, then they ought to be given another chance.

The other problem is of course other people being intractable.

I would have accepted DaBoog's having changed years ago, if he actually had, and had been contrite about it. That didn't happen. And that practically forces the forgiving hand into a fist.

Edited by JHDK
auto incorrect being itself.
Just now, JHDK said:

But he has been crying victimhood for his not being forgiven for his having been severely disrespectful to Shatta in his memorial thread.

Thst kind of cognitive dissonance is only bred of the worse forms of non-thought - racism, classic, etc. et al.

I am not sure there is anything that can be done for such a person. And considering such persons usually have a consistent falling back to bad in their track record, see: DaBoog shitting on Maxx over his former marriage, I am honestly  not sure that forgiveness is even an option, even if the majority want to.

If someone does change, like 180 degrees or near to it, then they ought to be given another chance.

I would have accepted DaBoog's having changed years ago, if he actually had, and had been contrite about it. That didn't happen. And that practically forces the forgiving hand into a fist.

I just find it interesting. Granted I am at work so don't have the time to really look but I can't find anything on that woman since those tweets and her apology, and no offense to staff but you don't really get to choose who you do and don't work for/with beyond your initial hiring. I work with a total Jack ass at my work 3 times a week. No one here likes him and none of my customers like him but his parents own the place so he can do whatever he wants. I don't have a say in it beyond getting a new job. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

Noted. I guess that's the world we live in, because I was a victim of identify theft before. Someone took out a mortgage in my name years ago when trying to apply for something, which I don't know the specifics of how it gotten resolved to this day. It's just off my record. 

HA!  Let 'em try that shit with MY identity!! 

You ain't getting NO mortgage with MY name on it.  

ATMs look at my broke ass like,"If you touch me I'll call the cops."

Identity thieves typed my name into the dark web once and their whole building turned into a haunted house that eats souls and money.  

They say that if you say my real name backwards five times in front of a mirror...........that you will look rather weird and foolish.  If anything else happens, LEAVE THE HOUSE IMMEDIATELY.

In other news my favorite local restaurant seems to have discontinued their homemade cake.  R.I.P. my favorite dessert. 

16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Not really what is being asked tho.  Answered only half the question. 

Meh, the second half of the question is meaningless out of context.  Who's "we"?   What are "we" forgiving exactly?

I mean, it's nothing to me if the editor of Teen Vogue keeps her job.  But I'm not Asian.  If I was, and I felt that I had suffered unfairly because of an environment of anti-Asian sentiment, why should it be on me to forgive someone because they've "changed'?  Shit, the woman hadn't even "changed" enough to feel like she needed to scrub her anti-Asian social media history.

The fact that people sometimes do change isn't a hall-pass for a history of shit behavior.

Edited by Reticently

In my opinion, change is foreign, because it's painful making the transition over to what those consider to be an inconvenient outcome that they feel doesn't benefit them during that process. The person would have to be open to advice on their personal problem solving, therefore consenting and doing the work themselves through motivation and possibly urgency. They need guidance by having someone to mentor them.

I know that I still struggle with nihilism for example, because I can't fully get out of it at this time. It's brings me comfort on the conception of purpose and meaning to the universe being somewhat without meaning. However, I would have be shown that it's not the case and correct my perspective by completely gravitating to the other side.

Y'know, I'm still on the fence sometimes about what is worse---the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole.  Earlier today it hit me that with life in prison...oddly enough there is 1 small, incredibly long-shot hope---- various "End of civilization" scenarios.  If I was in for life, that's what I'd be hoping for....because then there's a chance you could get out due to the full-on collapse of human civilization.... like if hostile aliens showed up, or a sufficiently large meteor hits the planet, or a Walking Dead scenario happens, or magical demons appearing from a Hell dimension, etc. etc.  Amidst the chaos, there's your chance to escape....into a world that is now ruined...but hey, at least you finally have freedom again...for whatever small amount of time the world has left.

The goal would be to get solitary confinement too, because "general population" can fuck right off.  Gen-pop situations are where you get your ass taken by the "Toss Salad Man"....nah, fuck that.

Edited by MillionX
3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

If I was in for life, that's what I'd be hoping for....because then there's a chance you could get out due to the full-on collapse of human civilization....

You ever read The Stand? Dude was in prison when the Superflu hit and he was one of the immune folks. Resorted to eating  dead rats and shit until Flagg got him out. Man, that would be hell. Sitting in a cell rotting alive while the world had completely collapsed outside.

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

alexi-mccammond-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

Some people have come to her defense claiming that canceling people of color and minorities is wrong 🤷‍♂️

Huh, apparently she's black, or part black anyway. I would have guessed Puerto Rican because she and my PR ex could be sisters. I kinda wonder if the people trying to cancel her thought she was a white girl and if she looked like Leslie Jones if we'd have heard anything about this at all.

Just now, Reticently said:

Meh, the second half of the question is meaningless out of context.  Who's "we"?   What are "we" forgiving exactly?

"We" are society and "we" are forgiving or not forgiving their social Faux Pas.

Just now, Reticently said:

I mean, it's nothing to me if the editor of Teen Vogue keeps her job.  But I'm not Asian.  If I was, and I felt that I had suffered unfairly because of an environment of anti-Asian sentiment, why should it be on me to forgive someone because they've "changed'?  Shit, the woman hadn't even "changed" enough to feel like she needed to scrub her anti-Asian social media history.

Who said it was "On you" to forgive them? Forgiveness isn't a requirement. I am asking if we are willing to or not. 

No one said anything about fucking hall passes.  Your response basically tells me no, you're not willing to. 

Edited by RSG3
24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

"We" are society

Some of society will forgive her, some won't🤷‍♀️

And it depends on how much value people put into that person and what position that person holds, which is sorta fucked up.

Look at the Buffalo Bills QB, Josh Allen. The situations parrallel each other pretty closely in a vacuum. He tweeted the n word multiple times as a teenager. Now the guy is considered one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL, and more people talk about how he's poised to win a superbowl in the next 5 years and rarely, if ever, mention these tweets. 

I'm sure there's people who still call Allen a racist and don't think he belongs in the league as a result. I'd also venture to guess that those people aren't Bills fans. 

Really comes down to what team you're on and how much your team values the person. 

2 hours ago, JHDK said:

How i said he will be immortalized as a meme and i apologized. Pertho and preppy banned me then  hatched it out.

I never said anything about his character or anyrhing

But i apologized via giving to his memorial fund

Buying a shirt

And eating these "l's"

Again i meant no disrespect

Also getting thunbs down'd by some guys means shit 

Edited by DrLariat
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Legit question. 

I think people can, I know this from experience. And not to say that I'm any better than anyone else, but most people don't because it takes work and realizing there are shitty things about you, and I don't think a lot of people really want to take a hard look at themselves.

Tbh life was a lot easier before, and I was a happier person, but I'm a better and more with it person now than I was then so ultimately it was worth the work.

27 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

How i said he will be immortalized as a meme and i apologized. Pertho and preppy banned me then  hatched it out.

I never said anything about his character or anyrhing

But i apologized via giving to his memorial fund

Buying a shirt

And eating these "l's"

Again i meant no disrespect

Also getting thunbs down'd by some guys means shit 

It means you're butthurt about it if you brought it up.