Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

My captains cooking makes me think he's suffering from dementia. Aint no way you cookin hamburgers and suddenly think "Lemme add some green peas and artichoke hearts to this" unless you suffering from a mental condition.

He might legitimately be the worst cook on earth. He'd find a way to fuck up a boiled hotdog by somehow adding unnecessary ingredients that dont match 😂

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

My captains cooking makes me think he's suffering from dementia. Aint no way you cookin hamburgers and suddenly think "Lemme add some green peas and artichoke hearts to this" unless you suffering from a mental condition.

He might legitimately be the worst cook on earth. He'd find a way to fuck up a boiled hotdog by somehow adding unnecessary ingredients that dont match 😂

Since hasn't been on a roster since SF4, El Fuerte went on to become HD-Man's captain. He's been visiting culinary monstrosity after culinary monstrosity on the crew. As an Street Fighter fan, I apologize and promise to vote for El Fuerte in the next character poll to get him off your ship.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I like their musli products.

Trump took credit for Swift’s meteoric success of her ongoing Eras tour and recent “Album of the Year” Grammy win — claiming he, the former president, was actually “the man who made her so much money.”

“I signed and was responsible for the Music Modernization Act for Taylor Swift and all other Musical Artists,” Trump declared on Truth Social. “Joe Biden didn’t do anything for Taylor, and never will.”

The Music Modernization Act, which was passed in 2018, modernized copyright laws to give artists more protections in the era of digital music distribution.

“There’s no way she could endorse Crooked Joe Biden, the worst and most corrupt President in the History of our Country, and be disloyal to the man who made her so much money,” Trump continued.

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

My brain almost made me gag just processing that. Some dumbasses don't get that you have to KNOW the rules to break them. Your captain is flying (frying?) blind.

whoah hold on now---green peas being added that's an instant "no sale" for me; I can't do it.  That's one of the worst foods.  I am not sure which one I hate more---that or the brussels sprouts.  Both are in that category of "you'd have to pay me a lot of money to ever eat that".

6 minutes ago, MillionX said:

whoah hold on now---green peas being added that's an instant "no sale" for me; I can't do it.  That's one of the worst foods.  I am not sure which one I hate more---that or the brussels sprouts.  Both are in that category of "you'd have to pay me a lot of money to ever eat that".

Brussel sprouts have had a glow up in the last 5 years. Now peas. . . . they can have that. We're running the food gauntlet with my 6 month old son. He despises peas 🤣

5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Trump took credit for Swift’s meteoric success of her ongoing Eras tour and recent “Album of the Year” Grammy win — claiming he, the former president, was actually “the man who made her so much money.”

“I signed and was responsible for the Music Modernization Act for Taylor Swift and all other Musical Artists,” Trump declared on Truth Social. “Joe Biden didn’t do anything for Taylor, and never will.”

The Music Modernization Act, which was passed in 2018, modernized copyright laws to give artists more protections in the era of digital music distribution.

“There’s no way she could endorse Crooked Joe Biden, the worst and most corrupt President in the History of our Country, and be disloyal to the man who made her so much money,” Trump continued

I thought Kanye was the one who made that bitch famous?

23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl sleep on Mardi Gras in Mobile. Our shit is way better than New Orleans. You liable to get snacks to feed you and all your whole family, miniature liquor bottles, and a 40 inch TV. Fuck some beads 😂

Here in Nola, half to most of time, you can get away with exposing yourself, masterbation, situational sexual misconduct, with or without mardi gras, in public now. It takes alot or something big to get incarnated now in parade season. Any count they have against you Nola downtown especially on camera, they'll note it, until you screw up again, and that's when they will come you and lock you up for a long time.

We're basically our own country.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl sleep on Mardi Gras in Mobile. Our shit is way better than New Orleans. You liable to get snacks to feed you and all your whole family, miniature liquor bottles, and a 40 inch TV. Fuck some beads 😂

I hated Mardi Gras. All it did was triple the cost of parking and block off everything with parades. Any bar or club that  was normally a good time gets packed to the point of it being uncomfortable.  Bourbon St is more fun on a random day in the middle of the week. Dead serious.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

‘Do the Math!’ Democratic Rep. Tries to Explain Her $50 Minimum Wage Proposal to Befuddled Rivals During Senate Debate

Spoiler

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) insisted at a Monday night debate with her fellow Democrats that a $50 an hour minimum wage makes sense.

Lee first called for a $50 minimum wage last year while campaigning for the California Senate seat previously occupied by the late Dianne Feinstein. Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Katie Porter (D-CA) are also seeking to grab the seat. Compared to Lee, her fellow Democrats Schiff and Porter have called for an increase in the minimum wage to $20 to $25/hours. Lee’s proposal would make it so minimum wage workers earn $104,000 annually.

At a Monday night debate with Schiff, Porter, and Republican Steve Garvey (who does not support any minimum wage increase), Lee defended her plan when pushed on how such a dramatic increase could be sustainable.

The congresswoman argued that certain areas would need higher increases in their minimum wage rate due to living costs, especially in states like her own California.

“In the Bay Area, I believe it was the United Way that came out with a report that very recently $127,000 for a family of four is just barely enough to get by,” she said. “Another survey very recently: $104,000. For a family of one, barely enough to get by low income because of the affordability crisis.”

The federal minimum wage is $7.25, but a number of states have enacted their own standards. In California, the minimum wage rate is $16/hour, but that number slightly increases for fast food and healthcare workers.

26 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

‘Do the Math!’ Democratic Rep. Tries to Explain Her $50 Minimum Wage Proposal to Befuddled Rivals During Senate Debate

Reveal hidden contents

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) insisted at a Monday night debate with her fellow Democrats that a $50 an hour minimum wage makes sense.

Lee first called for a $50 minimum wage last year while campaigning for the California Senate seat previously occupied by the late Dianne Feinstein. Reps. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Katie Porter (D-CA) are also seeking to grab the seat. Compared to Lee, her fellow Democrats Schiff and Porter have called for an increase in the minimum wage to $20 to $25/hours. Lee’s proposal would make it so minimum wage workers earn $104,000 annually.

At a Monday night debate with Schiff, Porter, and Republican Steve Garvey (who does not support any minimum wage increase), Lee defended her plan when pushed on how such a dramatic increase could be sustainable.

The congresswoman argued that certain areas would need higher increases in their minimum wage rate due to living costs, especially in states like her own California.

“In the Bay Area, I believe it was the United Way that came out with a report that very recently $127,000 for a family of four is just barely enough to get by,” she said. “Another survey very recently: $104,000. For a family of one, barely enough to get by low income because of the affordability crisis.”

The federal minimum wage is $7.25, but a number of states have enacted their own standards. In California, the minimum wage rate is $16/hour, but that number slightly increases for fast food and healthcare workers.

So am I the only one that thought of this when I read "Do The Math!"

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Layoffs....Layoffs everywhere...

Literally every time I think "I'm not getting paid enough", some report that a company is laying off hundreds comes out. I don't know what sign the universe is trying to give me. Is it trying to say "go for it; you might not be there tomorrow" or "stay where you are"?

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Literally every time I think "I'm not getting paid enough", some report that a company is laying off hundreds comes out. I don't know what sign the universe is trying to give me. Is it trying to say "go for it; you might not be there tomorrow" or "stay where you are"?

It's recommended to think that way more than ever. I just feel like corporations will likely eliminate most jobs for the UBI system for one of the many reasons. I only say this in theory, because it has alot more to do with the on going decades of the dealt scale funded to another potential world war, where a permanent recoperation is in order. It's the preparation of a completely different era opposed to this one, where entrepreneur fields and other investments that rival this are more encouraged to have in  exchanged for more freedom. However, that's just me.

Edited by Emptyeyes_

My gf and I did Valentine’s Day early since she works all day tomorrow and I’m feeling pretty under the weather. She went above and beyond for me. The roses made of comic books are the most thoughtful gift I’ve ever received. (No key issues were hurt in the making of the flowers. 😂)

She also got me some really cute Spider-Gwen socks and the blanket in the back in TMNT. 

I love it all and I love her. 

IMG_9969.thumb.jpeg.377aeb585fe2e983523e8f8ec6fd01fb.jpeg

I hope anyone with a significant has a great day tomorrow. If you don’t but decide to go out for whatever reason, in the immortal words of Willie Nelson: “Go to bed at 2 with a 10 and wake up at 10 with a 2”

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

My gf and I did Valentine’s Day early since she works all day tomorrow and I’m feeling pretty under the weather. She went above and beyond for me. The roses made of comic books are the most thoughtful gift I’ve ever received. 

She also got me some really cute Spider-Gwen socks and the blanket in the back in TMNT. 

I love it all and I love her. 

IMG_9969.thumb.jpeg.377aeb585fe2e983523e8f8ec6fd01fb.jpeg

I hope anyone with a significant has a great day tomorrow. If you don’t but decide to go out for whatever reason, in the immortal words of Willie Nelson: “Go to bed at 2 with a 10 and wake up at 10 with a 2”

Awww, that's so awesome! These are amazing. Congrats, big bro.

We're both busy tomorrow, working 13 hour days each. Our plan is to do something together on Thursday.

I fucked up today though. It's been hard on us both since my new semester began and today I let out a lot of frustration about the state of my life... and that upset her. It's not what I said, but the way I said it, you know? Anyway, that means that when we make up tomorrow it's going to be extremely romantic, and the day after will be even better.

This was all a part of my strategy 🤮 !