Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Mario movie is streaming already, that is good. I enjoyed it although it wasn't great. Still might be a good watch with one of my nephews around. 

I liked it the first time I saw it, but it is also one of those movies that gets better every time you watch it because you catch more stuff you didn't see before.  I got the bluray at launch and the extras are also great.

My youngest (turns 3 tomorrow) wants to watch it a few times a week and I'll sit with him and watch a decent amount sometimes.  Last night I watched most of it with him again and picked up on stuff I had never seen before.

Picked up Gravity Circuit last week after seeing a few of you talk about it, just finished the game on normal. Fun game, very well tuned, feels nice to play. Looking forward to hard mode then challenges like no upgrade runs. Was expecting more out of the music though, just seemed like the weaker of the MM soundtracks. Not annoying or anything, I was just expecting something more special, given what they were going for. Would have been nice to have a Jake Kaufmann soundtrack. I'm very grateful for the whole modern retro indie thing- there are more and more people who are really nailing the feel these days.

I haven't played the games in a long time, but I was just reminiscing on how great the characters in Samurai Shodown were... I loved those character designs; was just looking them up again:

https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Samurai_Shodown_Characters

It was one of the only SNK "Neo Geo" games I really enjoyed back in those old times.

Diablo 4---  one complaint that is a bit of a small thing but I'm definitely not alone on this sentiment... the vendor for "re-rolling" affixes on your gear.  It's so incredibly off-putting... the system for this in D3 is clearly superior, so I am not sure why they made this worse.  People have been questioning since day 1 why you can't preview the possibilities on the re-roll.  That 1 aspect of it makes the D3 version of re-rolling gear obviously the better way of doing it.  Also... it's so ridiculously expensive.... like just yesterday, after just 1 attempt, my 2nd attempt at re-rolling a state on this legendary weapon (level 68 Ancestral, I think)... the cost for that shit was already up to 781k gold + the usual materials.  I went ahead and did that... attempt #3 was then going to be over 1 million gold.  Nah, there's no way....they'll have to change that shit eventually.  I bet most players just aren't bothering with that vendor at all because it's so damn expensive on your character.  I'll do the 1 attempt and after it inevitably gives me a stat I wasn't hoping for, that's just it; I consider it a loss and salvage the item because it's just too expensive to continue.

2nd super late VGM Friday post!  I missed out on anniversaries for the past 2 months so this post is going to be dedicated to some noteworthy games.  LoZ: LA (30th),  MGS 4 (15th), Last of Us (10th), Street Fighter Alpha 3 Arcade (25th),  Viewtiful Joe (20th),  Banjo Kazooie (25th), and Octopath Traveler (5th).  There were a few other anniversaries in the past month but I'm admittedly not familiar with their OST's

Spoiler

Alpha 3 is has my least liked Street Fighter music.  In a lot of ways I feel most of the character themes don't feel like their characters and i think I have an issue with how the music is arranged...that being said I have an appreciation for a few of the tracks through rearrangements in later games (like Karin's)  or reinterpretations/remixes from other people.

Edit: Forgot Banjo for a second

Edited by Sonichuman

I've been seeing some really good things about Baldur's Gate 3...like surprise contender for GotY type good things.  I've also seen some wild stuff about the game too.

Also saw that apparently someone can transform into a bear and you can have sex with that person who is tranformed into the bear?  So...that's apparently a thing.  I don't even know what this game is lol.

15 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I've been seeing some really good things about Baldur's Gate 3...like surprise contender for GotY type good things.  I've also seen some wild stuff about the game too.

Also saw that apparently someone can transform into a bear and you can have sex with that person who is tranformed into the bear?  So...that's apparently a thing.  I don't even know what this game is lol.

It's apparantly an extremely good and accurate rendition of D&D cuz thats absolurly shit you can do while playing D&D. 

Edited by RSG3