Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's Mary Jane!? I thought was her mother. 👀 People still trying to make SlurX a thing. 😑

Is worse, because is not only using latinx/latine.

But instead of saying stuff like El Doctor (The doctor for male) or La Doctora (The Doctor for female) they have this stupid shit in the latin american dub and spaniard dub where they say Le Doctore, which is nonsense since is not in spanish, but is they alternative for being gender neutral, and is plastered all over the game, making it infuratingly distracting.

So a lot of people have been refunding the game or not even buying it.

Sony is even putting itself at risk here, since in their policies they don't allow refunds and if you refund via your debit card/credit card issuer you get your account susspended, but is illegal in pretty much all latin america to do that, and it has even been on national tv in many countries because of that, opening the potential of multiple lawsuits in different countries for denying refunds which in all latin america is a consumer right.

Edit

Also

Spoiler

They made Felicia/Black Cat a lesbian

Edited by Hecatom

I finally made it to S+ in F-ZERO 99 and got to race on Mute City III. I'm guessing a lot of players were not ready for all those mines because the death toll for a Mute City course was unusually high. I was like "Imma just hang back and let you clowns take out all those mines for me." It was like watching a HD 16-bit Michael Bay movie. Ish was beautiful.

In the next race I was on the Skyway with a smoking Golden Fox player. "You're up here to stay safe, aren't you? Soon as we get off this highway, I'm putting you on Fraud Watch!" About four seconds after we were back on the ground, BOOM!

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

2 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I finally made it to S+ in F-ZERO 99 and got to race on Mute City III. I'm guessing a lot of players were not ready for all those mines because the death toll for a Mute City course was unusually high. I was like "Imma just hang back and let you clowns take out all those mines for me." It was like watching a HD 16-bit Michael Bay movie. Ish was beautiful.

In the next race I was on the Skyway with a smoking Golden Fox player. "You're up here to stay safe, aren't you? Soon as we get off this highway, I'm putting you on Fraud Watch!" About four seconds after we were back on the ground, BOOM!

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

It makes me happy to see someone teaching zoomers about these F-Zero tracks. 

Sounds like Mario Wonder is fantastic.  I was very skeptical about it after I saw the first trailer because I just didn't like the new style that it had.  But the more I watched the trailer it grew on me.  And then I showed the trailer to my son to see if he'd like it and he said yeah he wants to play it.  It'll be fun for us to play through together since we haven't really gamed together in some time, when we used to do it all the time.  He's just more into Roblox now and playing on his iPad but this will give us a full game to play together like we've done with all of the Mario Switch games.

I just have to wait until Monday for mine to arrive though.  I opted to save $15 and buy it online instead of running out to the stores this morning.

I finished up Mario Wonder last night.  I think its a really fun game. 

I been playing Lords of the Fallen and while its very much like any other Souls game I'm enjoying it more than some others.  Its not really open world so I dont get distracted with running around doing side quests and such and am forced to focus on the main campaign part. 

Forgive Me Father 2 came out yesterday so I'll probably be playing that a bit over the weekend.  Another cool game I've been looking forward to, called Laika: Aged Through Blood, just came out and I'm definitely going to be playing it.  I played the demo and really liked it.  Its a freakin' metroidvania crossed with like excite bike...its cool.

another case of too much good stuff and not enough time to play it all---I wasn't aware that the new Super Mario would be out this fast... but this is while Lords of the Fallen is out there, along with Spiderman 2, and of course I'm still addicted to Baldur's Gate 3 (3 characters in this) and Dawn of the Monsters while a new Diablo 3 *and* 4 season is going on...and I also got Warhammer Boltgun recently on Steam so there's that too.

DF really went in on aspects of Super Mario Wonder.  I wasn't expect them to go that in depth with it but it was definitely good stuff.  I like how they were playing Sonic Superstars music through various parts of the video and coincidentally they played tracks that Tee Lopes was a part of and then ended also criticizing Jun for a hot second.  SMH....I really hope that Jun doesn't take these comments that are raining down on him too hard.

y'know, this year will be remembered as something legendary, I think.... the lineup this year has been on fire---- from Hogwart's Legacy to Baldur's Gate 3, a new Diablo (despite it being a controversial pick to some), a new Super Mario, Spiderman 2, Tears of the Kingdom and for some folks Starfield (I've gone to being "on the fence" with this one; perhaps I get it for cheap one day), in addition to the new Mortal Kombat and a new Street Fighter..... and that's just the few big names that immediately popped up in my mind.  

Edited by MillionX

I want to play Wonder so goddamn bad, but I promised my brother I'd wait for him when he comes to visit over Christmas. 

Ugh. At least I have BG3 and Spiderman to tide me over for a bit. And I still need to sink my teeth into TotK. And start Jedi Survivor. And beat RE4.

Good thing I'm doing a raid in DENSITY tonight 😑

34 minutes ago, JGreen said:

When you write them all down like that, I’m shocked at how good this year turned out. I think this is the best year of gaming for me in awhile. 

This year had been building up for moment cause stuff was getting delayed since about 2 years ago.  Everything seems to be really getting caught up this year and it's probably gonna be quite a few more years before we get another year this amazing.

I went and scooped Spider-man 2, Wonder, and Sonic Superstars today.  Growing up sucks so much cause I wish I had time to experience all this stuff at once but I'm hoping I'll be able to play Wonder and Superstars with my son.

BG3---I used Eldritch Blast to hit a child character; it wasn't fatal though (was tough to make out the visual since everything happened so fast but it looks like the kid just ran off) but it was a bit surprising... not even Fable let me go so far as to actually cast a magical attack against a kid.  She only had 5 hp though, "realistically" that should've outright killed her.  No other people were around to see it though so I guess there's no consequence for that so far.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

BG3---I used Eldritch Blast to hit a child character; it wasn't fatal though (was tough to make out the visual since everything happened so fast but it looks like the kid just ran off) but it was a bit surprising... not even Fable let me go so far as to actually cast a magical attack against a kid.  She only had 5 hp though, "realistically" that should've outright killed her.  No other people were around to see it though so I guess there's no consequence for that so far.

family-guy-woah.gif

2 of you guys playing BG3 in here did/do some wild shit and I wonder what your endings will be like.  Suppose to have a possible 25k different endings or some shit.  You guys are doing everything you're not suppose to do (pure evil style) so I'd image you get some jacked up ending.  lol

spacer.png

Laika is real fun.  Had my lady crackin' up while I was playing last night.  I kept dying.  When I die in games I make a death cry and curse and shit...my lady thinks its hilarious.  The controls in this game are a bit strange I suppose and I haven't gotten them down good yet so I die a lot.

I played a bit of Wizard with a Gun last night but I'm real confused with that one.  Maybe I just wasnt paying attention or something but I dunno what the fuck im doing in that game.  Think I'll start over later and figure it out.

31 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

2 of you guys playing BG3 in here did/do some wild shit and I wonder what your endings will be like.  Suppose to have a possible 25k different endings or some shit.  You guys are doing everything you're not suppose to do (pure evil style) so I'd image you get some jacked up ending.  lol

I didn't mean to fuck shit up 😂 I was trying to save the Tieflings and killed all the Druids. Which made Karlach pissed off so I had to kill her too.

ha, all this time playing BG3 and yes... I'm STILL just in "act 1".  I haven't gone back to my first character (Stefano the sorcerer) in a while.  I've been having so much more fun as a warlock it's been a bit of a tough sell to go back to that first character; perhaps I'll just change him to be a warlock as well, or become a hybrid class.  That first character already wiped out the Tieflings (with the help of the goblins), so the Druids were next but they're a bit tough.