Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

On 10/10/2023 at 9:41 PM, Sonichuman said:

I don't even know what deal they had to make to get the Incredible Hulk movie from Phase 1 streaming on D+.

It's basically a loophole. They can use Hulk however they want. They just can't release an "Incredible Hulk" movie. If they do, Universal gets first of refusal on distribution. It sort of reminds of the Captain Marvel situation. DC couldn't use Captain Marvel in the title of his comics so they use Shazam...which caused all the confusion of the character name. He's not Shazam, he's the original Captain Marvel. His creator called Captain Marvel, I'm gonna call him Captain Marvel.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I'd like to pour one out for Jim. Jim was a player piloting the Fire Stingray in F-ZERO 99. He just entered the final lap and was in the pit area to heal up his smoking machine. And then I came in and KO'd him like a MF boss. 

200.gif?cid=0258f200lts6lh2twpg76wh9ngoj

If you ever wondered if it is possible to get taken out on the pit lane, the answer is a resounding YEP.

Edited by RegH81
1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

Best Buy plans to cut out physical media in 2024.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/101223-1100

This is so bizarre to me on so many levels. Not only do they have almost the entire blu-ray collectors market in their pocket due to their damn near exclusivity of steel cases and special editions but that also applies to video game collectors too who enjoy getting steel books. 

They’ve also had a lot better gaming sales around holiday too, imo. The past 2-3 years I’ve done all my Black Friday video game shopping through Best Buy. 

it just seems like a bizarre out of no where decision. They’re basically just a tech and appliance store now. Which is more or less what they were originally but that is also why they almost went out of business and branched into other things. Now they’re scaling back for no reason* 

* I know the reason. To save money. Less product means less employees in store. They save money on a lot of different ends while buy backs from executives and shareholders make them even more money and get those people even more money. Hurray capitalism. 

in a not so capitalist dystopian news I’m at the last dungeon in crisis core reunion. The game is fine. The story is kinda whatever. Haha. The combat system and materia fusion system reminds me a lot of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (or vice versa. I don’t remember which came first) 

I don’t know what I’ll play afterwords. 

yeah no big surprise...this is why I've upped the pace on collecting whatever cool movies and shows I see there, while it's still possible to get them.... one location here already phased everything out about 2 or 3 years ago, so I stopped going there.  When it's gone everywhere, that of course will be the end of my time shopping at any Best Buy forever then.

Sad thing is that the general public is a willing accomplice in the gradual death of physical media... because the majority of people are just too short-sighted (and lazy) to imagine the implications of preferring a fucked up future where no one owns anything.  Even more embarrassing are the younger generations of people that at this point will actually argue in defense of the various companies and their CEOs that go way out of their way to screw over the consumer as hard as goddamn possible any way they can if it means getting 2 more cents.

I'm not bothered by this news of best buy not selling any physical media.  I havent even set foot inside one of their stores in 15 years or so.  I cant remember the last time I bought a dvd...think it was when blockbuster was going down and they was selling everything real cheap. 

I guess this stuff doesnt bother me cause I dont mind pirating stuff.  Only physical media I buy now is books.  If those went away I wouldnt care either as I have all the books I own backed up on my computer.  I'd just start buying the digital version and backing those up as well. 

Just cause its digital doesn't mean they can take it from me.  I may have to miss out on some games (sometimes only for a certain period of time) but that's not a big deal...I dont mind missing some games here and there.

P.S.  I also dont worry about these things cause they're out of my control.  Nothing I can do but watch it happen.  Worrying and complaining isnt gonna do me any good.  Just make me  more of a case.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About

Teenagers, Dreams, and Drugs. Unveil the secrets of South Jayakarta city that continue to haunt the dreams of the youth in the city, along with the power of friendship!

Troublemaker 2: Beyond Dream is an open-world action-comedy beat ’em up game set in the fictional settings of South Jayakarta, a diverse city in Indonesia. Play as Jordan and Budi alongside the Beyond Dream band and Parakacuk gang, as together, they overcome all obstacles to chase their dreams.

Key Features

• Explore the City
    • Inspired by beat ’em up classics and its prequel, Troublemaker 2: Beyond Dream delivers an exhilarating blend of seamless fun and stylish combat. Bare fists, weaponry, techniques, and finishers, all in your arsenal to defeat your enemies.
    • Immerse yourself in a city filled with activities and minigames that will keep you engaged as you explore every corner of the urban landscape.
    • Lot of unique side stories will also accompany you on your journey as you lend a helping hand to friends and townsfolk.
  • Chase Your Dream, Together
    • Beyond Dream, the band led by Jordan, Alex, Andira, and Halimawan. Together, they dream of becoming the most popular band in the city.
    • Parakacuk Gang, a friendship gang from their high school days. Budi, an MMA fighter; Boby, a future scholar; Rani, working for the city’s intelligence agency; and Zaenal, diligently working at Kedan Coffee. This friendship will endure as they continue to chase their dreams together.
    • Friendship, drama, love, rivalry, and adventures. A story that will never be forgotten throughout their teenage years.
  • Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome
    • Witness the stylish combat showdown between Jordan, the street brawler, and Budi, the MMA fighter.
    • There are plenty of combo variations, weapons, items, and techniques to empower both Jordan and Budi.
    • Discover various unique shops and interactions in the city that will aid you on your journey.
    • The key is to use everything in your arsenal to defeat various types of enemies.

•  

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

You're such a tool.  I commend you on blowing all your hard earned money on 4k bullshit and whatever. 

Anyhow, I played the first Troublemaker game and I just couldnt get into it.  The second one looks the same. 

So now microsoft owns activions blizzard.  Playstation side folks probably havin' a fit.

I literally said I don't own a 4k projector.  Why would I be blowing money on 4k stuff lol?

It costs $2 to rent a bluray from Redbox.

Oh know blowing $2 is going to hurt my bank account!

Edited by purbeast

Gamestop is unfortunately proving agin why they're a necessary evil at this point in regards to physical media  being lessened for games.

Something not mentioned in that Gematsu article with the ActiBlizz deal finally going through is that also Bobby has officially been kicked out.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-13/microsoft-completes-69-billion-activision-purchase#xj4y7vzkg

he is set to leave shortly after 2023

Sonic Superstars has also been leaked a couple days ago.  I'm pretty sure the game doesn't have any major spoilers or anything but if you're planning on playing the game yourself and still don't want to see anything like..if there's another unlockable character or something then be careful about your feeds.  ALSO....reviews for the game are starting to hit.

vids

Every Franchise Xbox Now Owns After Buying Activision

Spoiler

Activision/Blizzard

• 3D Ultra Pinball
  • Call of Duty
  • Call to Power
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Dark Reign
  • Diablo
  • Extreme PaintBrawl
  • Front Page Sports Baseball
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Geometry Wars
  • Guitar Hero
  • Gun
  • Hearthstone
  • Heavy Gear
  • Heretic
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Hexen
  • Interstate ‘76
  • King’s Quest
  • Laura Bow Mystery Series
  • Lost Vikings, The
  • Matt Hoffman’s Pro BMX
  • Overwatch
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Pitfall
  • Police Quest
  • Prototype
  • Quest for Glory
  • SWAT
  • Singularity
  • Skylanders
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Space Quest
  • Spyro
  • StarCraft
  • Tenchu (only the games released before Activision sold the rights to From Software in 2004)
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
  • True Crime
  • Ultimate Soccer Manager
  • Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • Zork

King

• AlphaBetty Saga
  • Blossom Blast Saga
  • Bubble Saga
  • Bubble Witch Saga
  • Candy Crush Saga
  • Diamond Digger Saga
  • Farm Heroes Saga
  • Hoop de Loop Saga
  • Papa Pear Saga
  • Paradise Bay
  • Pepper Panic Saga
  • Pet Rescue Saga
  • Pyramid Solitaire Saga
  • Rebel Riders
  • Scrubby Dubby Saga
  • Shuffle Cats

Bethesda / Zenimax

• Commander Keen
  • Deathloop
  • Dishonored
  • Doom
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Hi-Fi Rush
  • Prey
  • Quake
  • Rage
  • Redfall
  • Starfield
  • The Evil Within
  • Wolfenstein

Xbox / Microsoft

• Age of Empires
  • Age of Mythology
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Bard’s Tale, The
  • Battletoads
  • Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Blue Dragon
  • Conker
  • Costume Quest
  • Crackdown
  • Crimson Skies
  • Fable
  • Forza
  • Gears of War
  • Halo
  • Killer Instinct
  • Kinect Sports
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Midtown Madness
  • Minecraft
  • Perfect Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Project Gotham Racing
  • Psychonauts
  • R.C. Pro-Am
  • Rise of Nations
  • Sabreman
  • State of Decay
  • Thunder (Hydro Thunder, Arctic Thunder, etc.)
  • Viva Pinata
  • Wasteland
  • Zoo Tycoon

11 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Every Franchise Xbox Now Owns After Buying Activision

Hide contents

Activision/Blizzard

• 3D Ultra Pinball
  • Call of Duty
  • Call to Power
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Dark Reign
  • Diablo
  • Extreme PaintBrawl
  • Front Page Sports Baseball
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Geometry Wars
  • Guitar Hero
  • Gun
  • Hearthstone
  • Heavy Gear
  • Heretic
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Hexen
  • Interstate ‘76
  • King’s Quest
  • Laura Bow Mystery Series
  • Lost Vikings, The
  • Matt Hoffman’s Pro BMX
  • Overwatch
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Pitfall
  • Police Quest
  • Prototype
  • Quest for Glory
  • SWAT
  • Singularity
  • Skylanders
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Space Quest
  • Spyro
  • StarCraft
  • Tenchu (only the games released before Activision sold the rights to From Software in 2004)
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
  • True Crime
  • Ultimate Soccer Manager
  • Warcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • Zork

King

• AlphaBetty Saga
  • Blossom Blast Saga
  • Bubble Saga
  • Bubble Witch Saga
  • Candy Crush Saga
  • Diamond Digger Saga
  • Farm Heroes Saga
  • Hoop de Loop Saga
  • Papa Pear Saga
  • Paradise Bay
  • Pepper Panic Saga
  • Pet Rescue Saga
  • Pyramid Solitaire Saga
  • Rebel Riders
  • Scrubby Dubby Saga
  • Shuffle Cats

Bethesda / Zenimax

• Commander Keen
  • Deathloop
  • Dishonored
  • Doom
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Hi-Fi Rush
  • Prey
  • Quake
  • Rage
  • Redfall
  • Starfield
  • The Evil Within
  • Wolfenstein

Xbox / Microsoft

• Age of Empires
  • Age of Mythology
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Bard’s Tale, The
  • Battletoads
  • Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Blue Dragon
  • Conker
  • Costume Quest
  • Crackdown
  • Crimson Skies
  • Fable
  • Forza
  • Gears of War
  • Halo
  • Killer Instinct
  • Kinect Sports
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Midtown Madness
  • Minecraft
  • Perfect Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Project Gotham Racing
  • Psychonauts
  • R.C. Pro-Am
  • Rise of Nations
  • Sabreman
  • State of Decay
  • Thunder (Hydro Thunder, Arctic Thunder, etc.)
  • Viva Pinata
  • Wasteland
  • Zoo Tycoon

Yet Xbox is still dead last by a huge margin. 

It's surprising at this point to see certain things on physical media---like just the other day I saw the recent AMC shows of Mayfair Witches and Interview with the Vampire.  I at least got Mayfair right away since I didn't finish watching it when it was broadcast....it was shocking to see the previous seasons of Castlevania getting dvd/blu-ray releases as well.  

Meanwhile...

Dawn of the Monsters---- I've become more and more of a fan of this game the more I've played it recently... at this point I'm unfortunately nearing the end of it.  There's not much to the concept---a beatemup sidescroller with giant monsters/kaiju as the playable characters--- but I absolutely love it.  It's surprising that I haven't seen this theme for a beatemup game used often before....*maybe* King of the Monsters back in the snk/Neo Geo days?  ...but yeah it's awesome.  There's also a LOT of alternate colors to unlock for the characters, and the DLC recently added a new playable character that fits the "Voltron/Megazord" spot.  I wish there was even more color options for customization though; (in the case of the giant robot character...imagine having perfect color control over each part of the robot!  Yes, there are certain famous combinations like an actual Voltron color scheme, along with a Gundam and Optimus Prime style) at this point it appears I have all of it unlocked.

There's some nice "build variety" via the passives you unlock as you go... at this point my characters are gods, of course.  There was one point amidst the chaos the other day where I hit an enemy for 1,100 points of damage which is pretty ridiculous... normally a "high" # I've seen up to this point was into the hundreds.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

But I mean at least he can read, you failed at that simple task. Commended him on a purchase he didn't make. 

Tool. 

youre such a tool too.

Now just outta spite Im looking forward to when there are no more physical media so I can watch you guys cry about it. 🤣

P.S.  I just looked through purebustas history and he definitely buys shit that can produce 4k video.  tools

Also, Lords of the Fallen is out.  I didnt like the first game that much but I'll check this one out as it looks to improve some stuff.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

You can buy the digital only version and then buy the bluray drive at a later date to put on it.

But what you're talking about, is it the future slim version or just the regular digital?

Also, I think it sucks they're putting out a newer version already.  I know ps5 been out for a few years now but many folk werent able to get one till not long ago.  Now there is going to be a newer better version.  I feel sorry for anyone that wanted a ps5 and was finally able to score one this year. 

16 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

anybody played FF16 yet? how is it gameplaywise? idc about story right now.

Yeah, I played and beat it. I did all of the side quests and hunts too. I initially really enjoyed the gameplay. It was fun to get a new set of abilities every so often. However by probably just past the mid point I started to feel it get stale. I ended up having the same routine for everything. I’d more or less use the exact same attack sequence since it seemed the most effective. Obviously you don’t have to do this but it’s how the game turned out for me. 

Towards the end I was mainly playing to see the story of the side quest npcs and main quest play out. If you don’t care about the story, I don’t think the combat by itself is enough to carry the game. There are better action games out there.