Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

GTA 6 publisher thinks gamers should pay more for longer games

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/gta-6-publisher-thinks-gamers-should-pay-more-for-longer-games-2384205/

That's...not exactly the way how that should work.  A game can be 100 hours and not really be worth $60 and then you start getting into games that don't really have an "end" like fighting games.  Games being priced on a per hour basis is not really a good bar for financial quality.  This argument is flawed.  Granted if Take Two comes out and says GTA6 is coming out next year and the base game is actually going to be $80 then people will be pissed....and they'll fucking buy that shit anyway. 

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, Keef is a fool. That Allan Wake shit man....🤣

Side note: There are over 40 games rated higher than Starfield this year. People think it should be in the GOTY catergory...really!?

They are really out there.  That "Xbox Tax" thing is something they legit came up with recently.  It's something I saw while the Xbox fans have been beefing with Keef.

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

What I love about this is that

A) They have yet to release the multiplayer

B) The game sales flatlined after the 1st week.

So this is a fools errand.

I don't know about fools errand.  LoU 2 sold over 10 mill since June 2022.  As much as I feel this is way too soon for this game to get remastered, you and I both know the reason why they're doing this...and the fact that it worked the first time means that there's a high chance that it will again.   The weirdest thing about this is that they're releasing it that soon when Last of Us Season 2 hasn't even started pre production yet as far as we know.

I ... I have considered getting rid of my Switch lately.

It gathers dust and hasn't been turned on in a couple months time. I also sold off a 1/5th of my 150ish game collection in a attempt to slim down before we start packing stuff away in boxes and moving not too long ago to a local collector. The only games I'm keeping and not getting rid of unless shit gets super dire are my M2 shumps.  

I have considered a OLED Steam Deck to replace it, and giving the Switch to my grandson with a few of the games (mostly Mario stuff); but my concern is that even with as many games as I have on PC, it'll still gather dust.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
who are you, my fucking mother?
3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Super Mario RPG's remake being as smooth and as fast as it is is throwing me off big time.  I played a bit last night and it was taking me a moment to be consistent with timed hits when I never had that issue in the original.

I've had similar issues. I find it's easier for me to consistently time attacks with Mario's hammer and it is with his fists. That said, I freaking love this remake.

Ah this came up in recommended vid section for me and oh yes... I'm loving the quality roast session he has on this dumb device...

Hilarious that ign apparently gave the Portal an 8(!) out of 10 😆 ridiculous.

Real portable gaming moments are like when I was playing some Diablo 3 on my Switch (no internet connection required, btw) while waiting on the next class session at the gym recently... or playing Baldur's Gate 3 on my Steam Deck in the break room at work a few days ago.

45 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

What?

In the original and the remake of SMRPG,  if you go back and visit Gaz (A little Toad kid in Rose Town and the owner of "Geno") after saving the town grom Bowyer, Gaz and Geno have a conversation about Gen having to leave to save everyone.  Gaz makes a comment about how Mario "needs all the help he can get" and you see Mario raise up his fist to deck the child but Mallow intervenes and holds him back from doing so.

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

In the original and the remake of SMRPG,  if you go back and visit Gaz (A little Toad kid in Rose Town and the owner of "Geno") after saving the town grom Bowyer, Gaz and Geno have a conversation about Gen having to leave to save everyone.  Gaz makes a comment about how Mario "needs all the help he can get" and you see Mario raise up his fist to deck the child but Mallow intervenes and holds him back from doing so.

Sometimes you just gotta right hook a child. 

I love talking to the people in Mushroom Kingdom and they are like "Peach was kidnapped AGAIN?" Like, even by 1996, that ish was old.

----

Team Handshake won the Splatfest?! For REAL? Those germ spreading, non hand washing MFs won? Well, at least there was no Big Man Sweep. But poor Frye. Girl has been carrying Ls for over a year now. She gonna be the villain in Side Order. BET.

woooo I can smell that salt from a mile away... I noticed Jim Sterling's latest vid is titled "Maybe the wizard game just wasn't very good." or something to that effect....likely referring to it being snubbed out of any nominations for the Video Game Awards, I'm guessing.... oh gee I wonder what could be Sterling's "issue" with that game at the moment, or more specifically... a certain person that created that franchise and IP in the first place.  Yes, I do take a sick bit of pleasure in people hating that woman for having what is deemed an "incorrect" opinion on certain things, apparently. 

Oh yeah... how did that little boycott turn out regarding "the wizard game"?  😆

*on another note---I actually forgot I was still subscribed to Sterling's channel; it was a surprise seeing that vid pop up when I was checking out what's new on my "subscriptions" page just now.

Edited by MillionX