Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

5 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Thanks guys. Yea I was thinking my operating system is too old for this sites coding or whatever, funny though because it's the only site that gives me this issue. 

If you have any sort of extra security / tracking blocking / ad blocking plugins it can interfere with embeds and images.

This forum software is used by lots of sites and shouldn't have issues on any of the major platforms.

You can also try installing a different browser and seeing if it works there.

11 hours ago, misterBee said:

If you have any sort of extra security / tracking blocking / ad blocking plugins it can interfere with embeds and images.

This forum software is used by lots of sites and shouldn't have issues on any of the major platforms.

You can also try installing a different browser and seeing if it works there.

Yea I don't have any ad blockers etc. but I just found out I can't even quote you or participate on the forum, I thought it was just images etc. but I can't even post things or reply etc. Like I press on the "reply to this topic" and nothing happens. The only reason I'm replying right now is that I'm using the google chrome app and the site works fine here so it must be an issue with safari browser, but chrome is fine so I'll keep using this thanks. 

Edited by Maravilla

My take on the A.K.I. gameplay.

My guess is that poison itself is still going to do pretty minimal damage by itself because I think Capcom is still wary of damage over time being good, and I can imagine why because that added with some zoning can turn some matchups into literal hell. F.A.N.G struggled for damage, but with A.K.I. it seems they reworked poison so that, once applied, the next time you'll hit someone with a poison attack it will trigger an explosion that puts your opponent in a juggle state, and then there will be drive rush combos for those. So, putting poison on people will actually build toward something instead of being almost irrelevant added damage that's ultimately worth around a single stray jab.

In comparison to F.A.N.G she got a regular horizontal fireball with a hitbox (so neither the V-Skill 1 projectile with no hitbox nor the arced fireballs) and that puddle she makes on the ground (which is bigger and farther away compared to F.A.N.G's traps). It seems the puddle might serve the function of V-Skill 1 because at a certain point in the trailer JP seems to step close to the puddle and gets poisoned without any hit, so the puddle is likely an area that poisons you if you walk into it but doesn't have an hitbox, it exists to make people hesitate to walk forward or try to jump over into an anti-air.

How her stance works exactly is the biggest mystery. She got that slide move that's straight from F.A.N.G, and it's probably going to be closest thing to a reversal she's gonna have without spending super meter (does it lose to throws but is invincible to fireballs and strikes like F.A.N.G's or is it different?), but it's not clear if the multi-hitting/hit-grab jumping attack is a different special she does after recovering from the slide or something you can cancel from the slide. She has coward crouch, and coward crouch might go into the slithering stance that's been shown and memed about, but they never show exactly coward crouch going into slither so it's not 100% clear. If it works the way I'm assuming that stance can go into either the two-hitting kicks that lead to a combo, the jump attack or the command grab/throw.

Having a command grab in your toolkit but not depending on it for your general gameplan is usually pretty good, that's why you see Marisa getting so many people with her command grab but proper grapplers suck.

Her range seems decent. The first they showed I think is her stMP which seems to have decent range and speed, maybe not Manon's stMP but around there. Much like F.A.N.G she might play like a semi-zoner who can suddenly get in your face and pressure you.

F.A.N.G's problems were that he was defensively weak in a very offensively-oriented game, his damage was on the lower end without good punishes, his Triggers and V-Skills were weak and his pressure was nice but not ironclad, especially once you know what's not real, so just play Bison instead. A.K.I. already looks better as far as usage of universal mechanics go because she has a slow, scary fireball she can Drive Rush behind, and then either low, overhead or stance into command grab, so that alone might make her at least mid-tier even if everything else isn't super good.

1 hour ago, mykka said:

I have my issues with the roster, wish it were more balanced with more returning characters from other games. 

I do hope they eventually add Menat otherwise it seems like every other new female character they've created since SF3 has been a flop except for Juri.

Beside Menat, Laura and Kolin were great additions

I believe C.Viper can be made to be popular

Poison as SF char seems popular too, if we count him/her as female (pretty sure average player consider Poison female) 

The good/forgettable ratio is'nt bad, not much different from male ones in terms of actual quality, and probably better if we speak about simple popularity

Edited by CESTUS III

I gotta say after watching World Warrior Japan top 8 I don't like how people stopped talking about Dee jay. Ken and JP are public enemy #1 and 2, sure, but Dee jay is just creeping around the corner, biding his time and that concerns me.

Rashid too. All the Rashid mains stopped posting tech on twitter about a week into his launch.  Now I know why, they were cooking cuz we got guys like Gachikun putting round start tornados on screen and putting people into Killer Instinct combos until they die.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Beside Menat, Laura and Kolin were great additions

I believe C.Viper can be made to be popular

Poison as SF char seems popular too, if we count him/her as female (pretty sure average player consider Poison female) 

The good/forgettable ratio is'nt bad, not much different from male ones in terms of actual quality, and probably better if we speak about simple popularity

Yes they've made plenty of good females since SF3, but only Juri seems to have had any staying power

Poison I dont really count though, but yeah she does seem loved by Capcom

2 hours ago, Jocelot said:

I gotta say after watching World Warrior Japan top 8 I don't like how people stopped talking about Dee jay. Ken and JP are public enemy #1 and 2, sure, but Dee jay is just creeping around the corner, biding his time and that concerns me.

Rashid too. All the Rashid mains stopped posting tech on twitter about a week into his launch.  Now I know why, they were cooking cuz we got guys like Gachikun putting round start tornados on screen and putting people into Killer Instinct combos until they die.

SFL Japan has Dee Jay all over the place.  He's tied with JP and Luke for most played.  He's definitely hiding in the shadows of JP and Ken - think there's a chance he could avoid the nerf bat and emerge as top 1.  

2 hours ago, mykka said:

Yes they've made plenty of good females since SF3, but only Juri seems to have had any staying power

Poison I dont really count though, but yeah she does seem loved by Capcom

It's not about females, SF6 returning base cast was all about SF2ers+Juri who straight print money

Juri was an exception literally the only non-SF2 char to return, male or female

One could argue Luke too, but Capcom said bunch of times to consider Luke a SF6 char who did a cameo in SFV, rather than a SFVer returning in 6

Would not use presence in SF6 base cast as absolute popularity meter, otherwise Honda is more popular than any SF3 or SFA character... when if i remember correctly there was lot whining when let's say Honda, Blanka and Sim were confirmed in

Said that yes, Juri imho still is best post-SF3 addition

Tbh SF not having Korea/Taekwondo char till SSF4 was a crime with Kim Kaphwan and Hwoarang already being a thing for years lol

First proper female villain too

Edited by CESTUS III
5 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

It's not about females, SF6 returning base cast was all about SF2ers+Juri who straight print money

Juri was an exception literally the only non-SF2 char to return, male or female

One could argue Luke too, but Capcom said bunch of times to consider Luke a SF6 char who did a cameo in SFV, rather than a SFVer returning in 6

Would not use presence in SF6 base cast as absolute popularity meter, otherwise Honda is more popular than any SF3 or SFA character... when if i remember correctly there was lot whining when let's say Honda, Blanka and Sim were confirmed in

Said that yes, Juri imho still is best post-SF3 addition

Tbh SF not having Korea/Taekwondo char till SSF4 was a crime with Kim Kaphwan and Hwoarang already being a thing for years lol

First proper female villain too

Seth returned too, and now Rashid and Ed.

1 minute ago, mykka said:

Seth returned too, and now Rashid and Ed.

I said base cast, then now with DLC we got Rashid and soon Ed, both outside SF2 indeed

But SF6 base was all SF2 + Juri as only exception

Btw be in base cast or even Season1 does'nt necessary mean they consider these characters to be the absolute biggest money, LOT of sure big money is still sitting in future DLC seasons

Bit strange they used only female slot of Season1 for a new char rather than a returning female, but guess they had their reasons... after all the build up for AKI was already in SFV days with her origin story, so guess they cared to have her show up early

So since I only have access to training mode right now here is some quick anti-Manon tech for y’all. 

The following characters have lights that can safely meaty Manon on wake-up and recover in time to block SA1.

Blanka
Cammy
Chun
DeeJay
Dhalsim
Guile
Jamie
Juri
Ken
Kim
Rashid
Ryu
Zangief

13/19 characters, which was more than I was expecting tbh. I’ll add this to the Manon thread when I get a few minutes. Also take note that Manon SA1 is 10f startup, so if your main is rocking a super slower than that (Marisa, Gief, etc), this list is even longer.

Notes about the characters in bold that I think everyone should know. 

DeeJay: His st.lp is the fastest overall light in the game at 12 frames total. 4f startup and 6 recovery. Don’t quote me on this but if my math is correct he is the only character that can safely meaty reversals/Supers that are 8f or slower. 

Juri: Her st.lp is 4f start and has 4(!) active frames. Probably a top 3 meaty button in the game.

Kimberly: Very fast lights in general, to the point where she can meaty light Manon with 3 different buttons including cr.lk. Might not mean anything against your main but she was the only character with 3 options. Not surprisingly, she can easily set this situation up in the corner ending combos with Tatsu. 

What the heck? @misterBee, I went into my iPhones safari settings and under "advanced" I found a tab called "experimental features", there all the options were toggled off, so I decided to toggle them on just to see if it would change the way my safari would interact with megashock and yup after I restarted safari this site works 100% now, so by process of elimination I found out that the option that hindered this site for me is called "intersection observer", don't have a clue what that means but having that toggled on got me the site working again. I guess I must have toggled that off by accident. I know nobody cares but just in case others ever have this issue. 

Edited by Maravilla
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Papi, whenever you need it I am ready to unroll just how much shittier the first year of SF5 was compared to this game. No R.Mika makes this game already way better than the first year of SF5.

Yeah I think a lot of this is missed when I complain about 6. I have my grievances with the game but it is 1000% better than SFV in probably every way, especially if we are comparing season to season/launch to launch. No VT nonsense, no trying to check 15-16 frame dashes is 8 frames of lag, functional online, etc. 

2 hours ago, Totalsagat said:

Hello my dudes, how are you enjoying SF6 so far. Why is blocking bad, why is Ken, why does Honda have better corner carry than Fei Long!!!

This game 🫠😘

When I actually get time to play I enjoy SF6 a lot. A lot of the characters feel really good to play and I like how I don’t feel too pressured to use my meter one way or another. I feel basically no stress playing this game in person or in ranked. It’s not as stress free as some single player RPG, but I can actually sit down in ranked after work for an hour and have fun, compared to 5 where I would pretty much never touch outside of lounges it if I actually wanted to relax. 

My biggest complaints are drive rush being too good to the point of overshadowing everything else, some of the higher tier characters feeling like they have every tool in the game/no weaknesses, and I don’t care for throw loops either. But even that stuff I could live with if I really needed to. 

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, Totalsagat said:

Hello my dudes, how are you enjoying SF6 so far. Why is blocking bad, why is Ken, why does Honda have better corner carry than Fei Long!!!

This game 🫠😘

Despite the existence of JP and Ken, I think SF6 is great.  First season of SFV had its issues and even SF4 a personal favourite of mine - the vanilla version was fun but kind of broken.  SF6 is just a really solid game right out of the gate.  

I'm actually looking forward to a balance patch though.  The new characters outside of JP are all underpowered.

4 hours ago, Totalsagat said:

This game 🫠😘

Game is great, I like  almost everything about the game, the mechanics are great and have no issue with drive rush, drive impact etc. Character balance is the real issue here, like you have characters like jp that have everything (dude -6 sweep? Wtf?) and other characters like gief can't even aa with lariat. 

Coming in with some good news. 

I was able to preserve most of my fighting game footage from my old account. 

Google Takeout. 

Some may already be aware of this. 

But, I was able to save nearly 13 years worth of fighting game stuff up til 2021 when I got caught up some... FFVII RE soundtrack-related issues (I was trying to upload the Hello House Boss Fight on the highest difficulty but... that's not how it worked. The warnings went to my spam email apparently). 

Only bad thing now is that the stuff from SFIV and SFV is practically obsolete now. But, just in case need to know: 

Google Takeout. DM me or look for the instructions on how to retrieve your files. 

On a more related note, one of my coworkers who plays SF6 actively has taken a liking to Juri and Guile, so I can see if I can help a brother out on that end for casuals when given the chance.