Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

If the female character is shown from previous and most dominant apperances to have huge boobs or huge booty, it should stay

if the female character has small boobs or small.booty in the past it should stay.

that kind of characterization should stay.

but there are some special case to consider enlarge boobs or either boot like if the female had children so the same of the body enlarge and change for example Sonya Blade.

2 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

but there are some special case to consider enlarge boobs or either boot like if the female had children so the same of the body enlarge and change for example Sonya Blade.

Someone should tell NRS that. No hyperbole but Kerri Hoskins has aged better than in game Sonya Blade and it's not even close. Kerri Hoskins vs MK11 Sonya is a 10-0 matchup. Scratch that a 13-0 matchup.

15 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Anyone play the beta yet? What all is in there?

I'm probably not going to get to play for real until this evening, but it it supposed to be exactly the same as the last closed beta.  The official statement is that it doesn't contain any of the adjustments that were made after that to the release version.

46 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I was gonna work the full day since we have the whole weekend but it seems like everyone else here just fucks off when then want to so I figured I would too lol 

Bruh, if my co-worker wasn't out on vacation today, I'd bounce early. I literally can pull up my X-Rays to excuse my leaving early. I'm thinking about giving up my Steam product code at this point.

32 minutes ago, Sonero said:

A random person mentioned this on twitter, but goddamn if MK could use a change of art style at some point. I get this is what NRS has always done but man, its so samey between games.

they are stuck realism for good, they cant be tekken in 2d, they brand themselves photo realistic from then on they are stuck

on other news it's now a toy

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VCo12JBEobWHLFBJyTLfbAYaciBs5mpmgqDaD7vATAUbGDUu9zQdFUcy1C891vcRl&id=100050661271585&mibextid=Nif5oz

44 minutes ago, Sonero said:

A random person mentioned this on twitter, but goddamn if MK could use a change of art style at some point. I get this is what NRS has always done but man, its so samey between games.

Yeah @Shakunetsuis right. Their aesthetic from the series inception has "photo realism". So they don't have a lot of leeway. They get away from that and the pitchforks will come out faster than at a hay farm.

Played a couple of matches with Chun and tried Juri for two or three. Feels so different than SFV and everyone who says the cracked beta doesn't give an advantage is lying to themselves. Getting a feel for, well, the feel of the game is so important and that will take a while here, particularly with all the system mechanics thrown into the mix. Matter of fact during my 20 or so matches I didn't even use Drive Rush once, I was way to focused on not burning my bar too quickly with EX Moves and trying (but mostly failing) to counter DI's with my own. Speaking of, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the mechanic, considering how often people have countered my st.HP with it, but I expect this to be the SCVI syndrome where it'll become weaker the more accustomed you get to it.

Overall feels good, online seems solid. Chun doesn't seem as complicated as initially thought but her kicks feel kind of lackluster n neutral which is odd. Will most likely pick another character in the full version. I liked Juri more here actually.

Edit: oh, and some of my opponents used modern controls. Looks super weird when they play with how many buttons they can't use. 

Edited by delete_me

Should we nominate a "quieter" server for everyone here to use?

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Side note: Any tips on how to consistently Drive Rush?

Double-tap forward with parry on the second tap is the quickest way, but it takes a bit of practise. I'm still learning how to get the timing from moves that launch, mid combo when I'm set back to neutral.

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Does anybody else think the background objects and NPCs in Hong Kong state are way too big? Like the people standing there are actually taller than the characters even though they're far away from the camera. Something isn't quite right with the scale 

The skyscraper in the very distant background on the right hand side. Each storey has copy-pasted windows. Has been doing my nut in for coming on a year...

8 minutes ago, elliephil said:

I've accidentally played modern controls Luke 3 times already by mashing request fight lol

Shit...I forgot about the one match I did as Modern Control Luke. I did one game of that shit and noped out of the cabinet switch. Playing on PC at 100+fps certainly helped my old man reactions. I anti-air Shin Shoryken'd that poor Juri player I was against 3 times.

Btw, from the book of Cestus II

On 5/17/2023 at 3:58 PM, CESTUS III said:

That's the peasants debate though

Men of culture will simply recognize once more MK style being too terrible to even do comparision and move on into more important visual debates, like wich SF6 waifu have best looking ass

Personally i'm grateful for Kimberly ❤️

We already agreed everybody MK style sucks and we talk about SF6 waifus goods

Prophetic GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Man non-cancelable pokes need to be really good to be worth using. Special cancel buttons get the cancels into special, Drive Impact, AND Drive Rush.

Chun Li st.hp is really solid for taking away the opponents meter, that's the main reason I use it so far. I haven't really played the other characters yet but it seems to be the only reason to use those normals otherwise.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I hate to sound like a bandwagoner but I gotta say…the music and animations are by far my biggest complaints with the game.

The music just doesn’t suit the fighting, and some of the worse animations are borderline NRS tier. 

I'm having enough fun at the moment that I don't care too much about the animations.  I'm guessing enough people will probably complain on twitter, and Capcom is usually pretty receptive to criticism so I could see an improvement for DLC characters down the road.  

And there will be a jukebox with all the classic music on release so no worries there.