Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Back in my day we had to tick before throw!

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Bonus question - which costumes unique to SF5 would you like to see return on characters currently in the game?

LUKE - less retarded version of his SFV default, Luke needs pure MMA fight night look (he even have MMA stage with Buckler as sponsor)

Spoiler

luke-sfv-concept-art.jpg

Remove all the very-small stars tattoos (wich apparently SF6 already did), remove teeth braces, make hair less voluminous and ugly

RYU - anything cool without the beard lol, nostalgia alt is done kinda bad (mostly due ridicolous pants) so i want something else to use

Not SFV, but i would like a less busy version of SFDuel alt Ryu

Spoiler

Street Fighter Duel designs by XIN WANG : r/StreetFighter

No black sleeve, no watch, no silly badges, no bandaid, keep everything else

Or this other SF4 one, wich was one of my favs

Spoiler

New Super Street Fighter IV outfits | Corrupted Data log

KEN -  As you said, SFV default but done with good quality rather than the crap we got

Spoiler

Street Fighter V/Ken - SuperCombo Wiki

ZANGIEF- No SFV one, but SFDuel Beast Zangief is the hype

Spoiler

STREET FIGHTER: DUEL BEAST ZANGIEF SUMMONS!!! - YouTube

Also Mecha Zangief ever bring the lulz

GUILE- Just give him this

Spoiler

Costumes | GUILE | Character Data | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.

JURI- just give me a color that recreate well SF4 color scheme (#2 color fail at it)

Also SF4 Taekwondo concept would be cool

Spoiler

Juri's look is iconic but… imagine tho (Street Fighter 4 concept art) :  r/StreetFighter

HONDA- this one would be worth buy, even if i will not use it much lol

Spoiler

Costumes | E. HONDA | Character Data | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.Costumes | E. HONDA | Character Data | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.001.png?h=5c2d42a57ad95569ea07257793580ca9

BLANKA - His battle alt would look awesome in Lily stage and/or vs her lol

Spoiler

Costumes | BLANKA | Character Data | CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.

5 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Zangief Ease of Use: Hard 🤔

This seem weird to anyone else?  This character has never been hard to use and has always been about making good reads.   I'm wondering what we're missing.  

They tried doing something like that in Strive, where the characters have a lil difficulty rating out of 5...for the most part it just serves as a joke for players because some of these ratings ended up being very questionable

spacer.png

This guy for instance, seemed difficult initially as his rating implied. Meters to manage with sharp penalties, unorthodox movement...then people realized he is probably glue sniffer in chief. I appreciate the spirit of making things like this to guide new people but I'm looking forward to seeing who they rated wrong for SF6 lol 

Did not expect to see another beta, but good news. Would be nice to have more characters but at least I can give Chun a try pre-release to see if she clicks. Will be a good opportunity to get used to the Xbox pad again before release, after having played SFV on PS4 for half a decade.

44 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I just realized that they took away even more charge moves from Blanka and replaced them with motions. Why do they hate us?

They also replaced mash moves like Blanka electrick attack or Honda hundred slaps with motion, but in this case as pad player is something i approve

Prsonally i hope they kill Ed SFV controls making "Classic" controls Ed just a motion char, and let modern/dynamic crap inherit the single buttons stuff

To me ideal Ed specials would be like

Psycho Spark: QCF+P

Psycho Shoot: QCF+P, P

Psycho Upper: DP+P

Flicker Jab: QCB+P

Psycho Knuckle: HCF+K*

Psycho Rising: DP+K

Psycho Splash: DP+K, P

*weird to have special punch move on a K button, but i would prefer it because HCF+P would risk interfere with QCF+P. And after all we have not same but similar case, see Ryu having the Shin Shoryuken as K move.

Ed as non-pure boxer is a bizzarre case due having almost all specials being punches, yet he have normal 3 punches + 3 kicks layout

Crazy thing is they will probably give him new moves, wich will probably further complex shit lol

12 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

r/StreetFighter - Street Fighter 6 - All Character Types, Effective Ranges, & Usage Ease

Zangief Ease of Use: Hard 🤔

This seem weird to anyone else?  This character has never been hard to use and has always been about making good reads.   I'm wondering what we're missing.  

What do you mean? You gotta be on point at all times, wading through projectiles and hitboxes and correctly reading your opponent.

Grapplers aren't easy to play at all, execution isn't the only difficulty barrier out there.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

This guy should've been on the cover of the game instead of that turd Luke.

Anything would be an upgrade over the current boxart. Capcom unironically causing long term damage with that popeye lookin ass on the front. 

At least we'll get a Super Street Fighter 6 in a couple of years

3 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

This is such a well done trailer and it looks like she’s completely retooled. 

No matter who hard you try, you can't polish a turd. I think I'd rather have Lucky Glauber.  I despise that character more than I do Tekken...more than Smashers hate the shower and dates over the age of 17.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
46 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

I hope Super SF6 is next gen only so Capcom can upgrade the graphics 

i have a PS5, but tbh would be pretty bizzarre move 

Not sure if possible given online crossplay, but maybe they can make an exclusive graphic upgrade only for new gen while keeping new gameplay contents avaible also on PS4?

56 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I feel that’s unprecedented. Someone correct me if I’m wrong please.

Nah It's not unprecedented. It happens to cross gen titles with "on going support" pretty regularly. For older examples,  Dragon Age Inquisition dropped PS3 and 360 support in 2015. FFVII Remake was on PS4 but the Intergrade DLC was PS5 only. For current examples, Cyberpunk 2077's expansion is not coming to PS4 and XB1 despite both platforms having the base game. Horizon Forbidden West is on PS4 and PS5 but the Burning Shores DLC is PS5 only. 

53 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Well then, Super SF6 can't come any fucking sooner!

I think Capcom is pulling double duty here. I think releasing on last gen guarantees sales and is a act of charity to the people that completely missed all of SFV. It's smart and gives people the idea that Capcom cares about all of its players. However like others have said there will absolutely be next gen exclusive content and some PS4 peeps are gonna be mad. But they'll have to get over it. Because world tour mode is deeply integrated with the characters I doubt Capcom will stop supporting SF6 on last gen fully. But there will prob be allot of "incentives" over the years to move people over to next gen.

You guys really think they'll do update rereleases like the old days? I highly doubt we see something like that... at best bundles that come with DLC characters on discount

Don't see why they would drop PS4 either, install base is still too big to justify leaving behind. Graphics...? I just don't see it

25 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

You guys really think they'll do update rereleases like the old days?

It got leaked in the Capcom breach from a couple of years ago 

26 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Don't see why they would drop PS4 either, install base is still too big to justify leaving behind

Last gen systems objectively hold the entire industry back right now. The sooner they're gone the better 

41 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

It got leaked in the Capcom breach from a couple of years ago 

Last gen systems objectively hold the entire industry back right now. The sooner they're gone the better 

Guess I'll just have to see what exactly that package offers later then

I totally agree that last gen holds games back and Id rather not see games on them... but if Capcom felt the same way they probably wouldn't have made a ps4 version in the first place lol

They went for style over actual graphical fidelity anyway this ain't tekken. Strive probably gonna stay on ps4 forever despite being the worst version, don't see why capcom wouldn't do the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

Don't see why they would drop PS4 either, install base is still too big to justify leaving behind. Graphics...? I just don't see it

This happens to cross gen games all the time. SF6 is likely going to be around until 2029-2030, the PS4 released in 2013. They aren't going to want to support the platform when the PS6 is about to drop.

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This happens to cross gen games all the time. SF6 is likely going to be around until 2029-2030, the PS4 released in 2013. They aren't going to want to support the platform when the PS6 is about to drop.

Why though? Every example of a cross-gen I can think of that gets cut off, gets cut off because it literally cannot function anymore, or some essential feature is added that the old-gen cannot handle. PS4 SF6 is graphically very obviously toned down but they're confident enough to put it on the system, include it in crossplay...I cannot imagine it is a lot of effort to put DLC on a store and given that there are still a lot of PS4s out there...Like why stop?? 

Maybe I'm talking out my ass but I also dont think recent console gens are comparable to older jumps. Like PS4 to PS5 feels like mostly playing the same games but with some kind of PC parity. The obsession with live service too, means games go on a lot longer than they used to. 

I guess we'll see...tell you what if we all make it till the end of SF6 and they cut off PS4 before the last DLC, you and @-PVL93- can tell me I owe you guys a chicken sandwich lol

59 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

Why though? Every example of a cross-gen I can think of that gets cut off, gets cut off because it literally cannot function anymore, or some essential feature is added that the old-gen cannot handle. PS4 SF6 is graphically very obviously toned down but they're confident enough to put it on the system, include it in crossplay...I cannot imagine it is a lot of effort to put DLC on a store and given that there are still a lot of PS4s out there...Like why stop?? 

Maybe I'm talking out my ass but I also dont think recent console gens are comparable to older jumps. Like PS4 to PS5 feels like mostly playing the same games but with some kind of PC parity. The obsession with live service too, means games go on a lot longer than they used to. 

I guess we'll see...tell you what if we all make it till the end of SF6 and they cut off PS4 before the last DLC, you and @-PVL93- can tell me I owe you guys a chicken sandwich lol

It takes allot of work to support both gens. The fact that SF6 never got a last gen beta is a pretty good indicator that at some point Capcom is gonna push to try and get people to invest in current gen. That could mean World Tour features only accessed through current gen. Stages that have no lower spec version. DLC and cosmetics that don't overlap between both systems and other perks. It could be possible that all of us are wrong and you're right but gen exclusive content has historical precedent. On top of that even on a PS4 Pro, SF6 makes your PS4 sound like a military jet taking off to bomb brown kids in Iraqaistan. It's really really bad. 

They went for style over actual graphical fidelity anyway this ain't tekken.

Have to disagree here. The characters are very obviously well detailed and sport high polygon counts, and their body proportions are exaggerated in certain ways like Ryu's chest, Luke's arms, Gief's entire body etc, but the models aren't shades in any way - it's just the engine handling the lighting, which in turn makes the characters look like they stick out or photoshopped in, or flat in certain stages 

2 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

but if Capcom felt the same way they probably wouldn't have made a ps4 version in the first place lol

IMO they shouldn't have. Even despite RE Engine being fantastic in how well optimised the Capcom titles have been since RE7, they basically tied themselves down to hardware straight from 2012

PS4 SF6 is graphically very obviously toned down but they're confident enough to put it on the system, include it in crossplay...I cannot imagine it is a lot of effort to put DLC on a store and given that there are still a lot of PS4s out there...Like why stop?? 

You gotta keep in mind - from launch all the way to whenever SF6 is supposed to have its support end because a brand new major fighting game is on the way, whenever Capcom creates a new stage or perhaps a new world tour area or a brand new game mode or even something a simple as character's SFX for specials and supers - they need to make sure that content can be used and played on PS4 and XB1 at rock solid 60fps (or at least acceptable 30).

The world tour mode is already limited at 30fps, both the exploration and the matches, which means Battle Hub is also likely framerate capped since you can meet and fight other players with your avatar there. And judging by the demo, even then it's not ideal and it's not constant 30 with potential dips down to 20-25

PS4 isn't magically getting better at running the game outside of Capcom putting in effort into optimisation through patches, but essentially they'll have to limit their own scope for future content. That's not to mention the fact that 6 is utilising dynamic resolution, there's seemingly no anti aliasing present and characters are less detailed, while the input lag reduction creates horrible screen tearing to maintain framerate, just to try and barely match PS5 version 

Tldr shit's fucked 

4 hours ago, elliephil said:

So much damage... players who can't manage drive meter very well are gonna complain week 1, I'm calling it now. Dare I even say that it will be the main complaint people have about the gameplay.

Everyone will be permanently in burnout mode in week 1 , that's for sure. But that's also just part of the learning process. 

But you're also not going to see pressure like this in ranks were accidental burnout will be a common occurrence.

10 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

The fact that we've been in this cross-gen territory for so long skews the perspective a bit, but ultimately the biggest jump is the systems having access to significantly faster storage. I don't know if that's something that will eventually hold SF6 back because it's a 1on1 fighting game that only ever display a stage, two high fidelity characters and a bunch of background NPCs – I think worst-case scenario PS5, Xbox and PC players will just have to wait longer when matched up with PS4 players. There's World Tour of course, but that mode already seems to be designed around certain shortcomings, seeing how it's visually vastly inferior to normal gameplay.

I was skeptical initially, but I don't think it'll hold this game in particular back too much. But if it does, they'll always have the option to drop PS4 with an update, if they communicate it clearly (for example Super Street Fighter 6 no longer releasing for PS4).

I mean what *is* Super SF6?

It's usually a compilation of all the content released previously on the same game + balance stuff etc. In SF6, it could also mean new WTM cities.

Capcom made it clear that you're only gonna need to own 1 game from now on. The problem with dropping PS4 support is they will have to break that promise since PS4 players will be forced to buy the game again on another system.

These kinds of business practices leave a bitter taste in people's mouth for many years. We're on a redemption arc, and about to peak, I hope Capcom think this through but I really would hate if SF6 never reaches its fullest potential because of last gen.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I mean what *is* Super SF6?

It's usually a compilation of all the content released previously on the same game + balance stuff etc. In SF6, it could also mean new WTM cities.

Capcom made it clear that you're only gonna need to own 1 game from now on. The problem with dropping PS4 support is they will have to break that promise since PS4 players will be forced to buy the game again on another system.

These kinds of business practices leave a bitter taste in people's mouth for many years. We're on a redemption arc, and about to peak, I hope Capcom think this through but I really would hate if SF6 never reaches its fullest potential because of last gen.

"Super" to me would be like just first big upgrade, kinda like SF4 to SSF4

For very last/final/complete version i guess they will go for something flashier, like "ultra" or "ultimate" or something lol

As useless detail it is, name wise SF3 had best names evolution

Street Fighter III - New Generation

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

SF5’s namings are clean. But the SF2 naming conventions of super/ultra/turbo are the most iconic to me.

SF3 just had Third Strike that is exceptionally memorable.

2nd Impact was called “2nd Impact Giant Attack” in some arcades. Absolutely horrendous.

SF3: New Generation was perfect name too

Give me PTSD because bring back memories of SF2 cast genocide, but as name itself absolutely pushed thething, supporting the fact almost all vets were missing and many new faces (often young ones) were making their debut

Agree 2nd Impact had worst name, but added Hugo and Urien so i can't hate even if the price was get Akuma crap too lol 😄