Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

Yea but I'd rather have something 100% consistent than 80% optimal. The last thing you want is to try to close out a round and get a raw dash instead of a drive rush cancel. Also for the shortcut you need to reset to neutral to even begin it. But I'm definitely a scrub and most likely don't understand the mechanics as good as everyone else here. 

Edited by Maravilla

Biggest crime in this game is letting people mash so much.

Holy shit do people mash a lot in this game. No wonder a lot of these fuckers couldn't play strive. You explode for getting CHed there. Here with everything negative dudes are hitting buttons as soon as they block something.

Its so freaking weird.

7 hours ago, Maravilla said:

So I was watching a vesper arcade tip video on drive rush, and you know how everyone thought the drive rush shortcut was awesome (instead of holding parry then forward forward you just press f,f+parry) well he mentions that it's better to just do the regular cancel as it's way more consistent and he's right, no wonder I thought doing the shortcut felt not that fluid. He mentions that he believes even pros dropped the idea of doing the shortcut in real matches. Do you guys use shortcut or agree with him?

You can avoid regular dashing when using the drive rush shortcut by pressing parry slightly before pressing the second forward. My execution in general sucks, but I never drop this.

Holy shit 

RASHID LOOKS AWESOME

I don't know how the SF6 devs keep doing it, they even turn characters I like into something a million times cooler. They also gave him so much stuff, a bunch of follow ups to his VS1 from SFV including a side switch, his VT2 as a Level 2 Super (which we all kinda expected) AND a double jump?? Holy shit. Guys.... we might be getting 6 more years of Rashid.

and omg they made him so SEXY

LEw8dUs.png

LOOK AT HIM HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING

38 minutes ago, Volta said:

You can avoid regular dashing when using the drive rush shortcut by pressing parry slightly before pressing the second forward. My execution in general sucks, but I never drop this.

Thanks I'll test this out. Also jp has a full screen unblockable command grab? Combined with his other projectiles theres definitely some unblockable setups on many situations (wake ups, blocking,etc.) that's gonna get abused. Pretty sure this is the first thing they're nerfing. 

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Ken players are crazy carried.

Holy shit that character is insanely good. Way better than the dumb shit way he gets played more often.

😂

I can back this. Character is legit dumb. I made it to Diamond in 10 matches only knowing SF5 ken. Then I hit training room. Character has literally everything possible. Frame traps, Combos, side switch, Damage, throw loops, you don't even need the style stuff as it's barely optimal. 

Makes lily feel like I've been playing with one hand. 

33 minutes ago, Totalsagat said:

I can back this. Character is legit dumb. I made it to Diamond in 10 matches only knowing SF5 ken. Then I hit training room. Character has literally everything possible. Frame traps, Combos, side switch, Damage, throw loops, you don't even need the style stuff as it's barely optimal. 

Makes lily feel like I've been playing with one hand. 

Yeah, just my 2 cents but I think Ken is the best character in the game.  Spits out damage and corner carry plus his neutral is amazing (why are his normals so good lol).  No real weaknesses from previous games he just seems to have everything in 6.  

59 minutes ago, Totalsagat said:

And then he has silly dragon slash that looks like nothing (worst type of reactable shit SF5 put into the game and now its back), and the Jinrai rekkas. He can legitimately hit confirm st.hp into rekkas easily enough to be viable. Same with the St.Mk target combo too.

I don't actually know why I'm still playing Cammy TBH. I think Juri and Ken are clearly better at doing the same thing she does. Divekick feels alright but thsoe two seem to be really good at dissuading people from mashing.

If your character can destroy the level one mashing people have going on, that's gotta be an easy path to master.

I can see them maybe nerfing his stmp , 5 frames is crazy considering it links off a jab. 

If you block the HK jinrie kick crouched it's plus 2 ( plus 4 on hit) which is bonkers in a game that requires you to spend meter for + 

Ken seems like they didn't QAQC him, they just rubber stamped his kit. Even his unsafe stuff has enough push back that it doesn't matter. 

I've not tried everyone, but it's hard to imagine somebody more rounded. 

2 hours ago, Totalsagat said:

I can see them maybe nerfing his stmp , 5 frames is crazy considering it links off a jab. 

If you block the HK jinrie kick crouched it's plus 2 ( plus 4 on hit) which is bonkers in a game that requires you to spend meter for + 

Ken seems like they didn't QAQC him, they just rubber stamped his kit. Even his unsafe stuff has enough push back that it doesn't matter. 

I've not tried everyone, but it's hard to imagine somebody more rounded. 

You can link st.mp from a jab? So like his target combo off a jab? 

Rashid looks indeed cool. The orange/black/white colour palette really pops and I like how they mix in some sand particles in his wind attacks. I didn't really know what I was looking at in the trailer most of the time because he was flipping around for basically every move, but it's a cool design and significantly better than the old one. The only thing I'm not a fan of are the crossed belts over his chest, but I guess he would have looked "empty" without it.

Not sure if I'll "waste" a rental ticket to check him out though. I think I'll wait for AKI until I boot up the game again.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Bear with me but Rashid is too damn hot in this game! They absolutely nailed the look, the outfit, and the cockiness.

If this is the DLC quality going forward then 4 per year makes sense.

I still think starting from season 2 they'll bump it up to 5 per season. S1 only has less characters that expected because of how massive the base game is plus it was a summer launch as opposed to the winter window for V. And with shorter gaps inbetween too. 

Seriously it kinda sucks waiting 3-4 months before Aki drops after Rashid