Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

5 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Anyone know how to do the ground bounce after kens ex hurricane kick? I've seen it in videos and it think it's after the ex (od) hurricane kick but don't know what to press after. 

Nah it's not the Hurricane, it's the EX Dragon lash. Dp + KK

They have to be air born though, so target combo EX Dragon lash is what you want. You don't need the EX if you put Run Dragon lash between the target. 

Another gorilla thing ken has, just putting run before a special gives you a better version with more damage . 

Edited by Totalsagat
1 hour ago, Totalsagat said:

Nah it's not the Hurricane, it's the EX Dragon lash. Dp + KK

They have to be air born though, so target combo EX Dragon lash is what you want. You don't need the EX if you put Run Dragon lash between the target. 

Another gorilla thing ken has, just putting run before a special gives you a better version with more damage . 

Cool thanks, so you mean without using ex I can do target combo then cancel into run then cancel the run into dp+k? 

*edit- nah the run cancel after the target combo does do more damage and has more flair but it doesn't bounce the opponent on the ground like the ex dp does. 

Edited by Maravilla
5 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Cool thanks, so you mean without using ex I can do target combo then cancel into run then cancel the run into dp+k? 

*edit- nah the run cancel after the target combo does do more damage and has more flair but it doesn't bounce the opponent on the ground like the ex dp does. 

Run lash bounces , you must be doing it wrong. Look up Angry Bird, Big bird final, does it heaps. 

34 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Can you combo into drive impact? Or are there setups or block strings that the opponent cannot get out of like in the corner? 

There are some combos that go into Drive Impact, JP has one in his trials, however they obviously don't cause a crumple (that only happens if you punish someone with it, the most common way to do that is to armour through one of their moves and hit their recovery) and I also think there's a protection against wall-splatting in that situation, because the game considers that you can only get wall-splat if you could have done something to counter the Drive Impact, but if you couldn't then you're just not going to interact with the wall in any way.

43 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

There are some combos that go into Drive Impact, JP has one in his trials, however they obviously don't cause a crumple (that only happens if you punish someone with it, the most common way to do that is to armour through one of their moves and hit their recovery) and I also think there's a protection against wall-splatting in that situation, because the game considers that you can only get wall-splat if you could have done something to counter the Drive Impact, but if you couldn't then you're just not going to interact with the wall in any way.

Ah ok thanks. 

Rashid is tournament Evo legal? Wow uhhhh wasn't expecting that. 

If that's the case I hope he isn't S tier broken. Worse case scenario we end up seeing 6/8 of top 8 as Rashid. Kinda like Sam Sho's first time at Evo, ended up being mirror matches with the red haired dude. 

Best case scenario is that Rash ends up as a slightly better or slightly worse Kimberly and we don't see him dominating in SF6's first Evo. It might break the people

8 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Can you combo into drive impact? Or are there setups or block strings that the opponent cannot get out of like in the corner? 

You can combo it , but there's always a gap between the Normal and the DI on block. If you do happen to stumble upon a set up that leaves no gap the game will display "lock" on the message and the opponent will not wall splat. 

You are "locked" from doing that. 

You can always super in other words. 

Edited by Totalsagat
5 hours ago, Daemos said:

I never understood Hakan’s hair and I never will. I don’t think it has anything to do with Turkey.

I recall that @Miðgarðsormexplained that in the story thread.

Something about all originating from a pun in Japanese about the name of the country, Turkey, the color Turquoise and that Hakan's hair kinda looks like the shell of a turtle? I may be misremembering.

15 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I recall that @Miðgarðsormexplained that in the story thread.

Something about all originating from a pun in Japanese about the name of the country, Turkey, the color Turquoise and that Hakan's hair kinda looks like the shell of a turtle? I may be misremembering.

I think you may be looking for this.

Hakan's hair colour was... just based on a wordplay. Basically, since turquoise etymologically comes from the French pierre turquoise, "Turkish stone", and in Japanese is even more immediately evident (トルコ Toruko = Turkey, トルコ石 toruko ishi = turquoise, literally "Turkish stone", again; トルコ人 torukojin = Turkish man) ... yes, they gave him turquoise hair... made of stone...

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
14 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

I think you may be looking for this.

Hakan's hair colour was... just based on a wordplay. Basically, since turquoise etymologically comes from the French pierre turquoise, "Turkish stone", and in Japanese is even more immediately evident (トルコ Toruko = Turkey, トルコ石 toruko ishi = turquoise, literally "Turkish stone", again; トルコ人 torukojin = Turkish man) ... yes, they gave him turquoise hair... made of stone...

Suddenly... Hakan's hair is actually cool.